X-men -vs- The Avengers -vs- Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
evil face While i like the Avengers and JLA ialways believe that the X-men are capable of beating each team, one at a time but most of my friends and pretty much everywhere, Internet, Comic Books think that the X-men dont stand a chance, What do you guys think!

Baradok
well technically the Justice League to start have the best most "expirienced" comic book heroes. For the fact that they are on the same side.. good... them fighting would be a slim chance except maybe Wolverine.... A few things that you must think about is Superman is one of the JLA and hes died at least twice once by doomsday and the other i forgot... i have the comic somewhere.
So Superman down
Batman is human, nothing more he doesnt even have powers
So Batman down
Aquaman holds up a fight for not many X-men and breathe under water yes there are a few but against the master of the ocean come on... Maybe freezing the water could kill him to where he cant breathe or move
So Aquaman down
Green Arow may have awesome Dexterity but as was displayed in a previous thread Longshot would be his perfect match and then boom someone else can kill him in the heat of the moment
So Green Arrow down
Flash is soo damn fast but he must move he cant Teleport like Nightcrawler can boom pops up in front of him with a Wolverine in his arms boom dead
So Flash down
Wonderwoman flies an invisable jet, yet can be controlled by anyone with Telepathic powers.. Jean for instance or the Professor though i havent seen him really fight since he lost his legs
So Wonderwoman down
Green Lantern now thats a trick daddy or son both are strong but im sure you could walk through the green beams if you could walk through walls therefor Shadowcat or someone will do
So Green Lantern down

All the JLA defeated tell me if i missed someone and i shall describe their demise

gambit88
lets go xmen lets go

bester
I won't let it happen...

Or simply I can't imagine bruce wayne & scott summers fight...
they're both my favorites...

Paola
James Marsden optic blasting George Clooney!! eek!
sorry I tripped embarrasment

thorncrawler
yeah but it depends on the team!

pohlowan
there is a problem with some of them fights coz there is a comic where some of them did fight and i could tell you who did win them if i can find the comic.

Paola
Storm fought Wonder Woman, right?

ab012f9448
Storm would kick her ass and serve it to her on a plate.

Paola
laughing out loud

Hypester
I know the X-Men can beat the pants off both their teams... but this is X-Men on their BEST day, not Evolution Cartoon X-Men or movie X-Men, but X-Men on their BEST days can decimate the JLA... we'll even give the X-Men a disadvantage: They're limited to seven people. Outnumbering their opponents would give the X-Men a major, perhaps unfair advantage.

The Best of the Best X-Men (present)
Bishop: He now absorbs all energy attacks on his person. I'd put him up against GL or Superman... or anybody honestly... he's here to take hits and, once he's gotten his fill, put them out in spades.

Storm: A Leader extraordinaire AND she is a great fighter... area attacks destroy Batman and Flash and apparently, she's good enough to hang with Wonder Woman. Lighting hurts EVERYBODY.

Rogue: The last of the X-Treme X-Men, Rogue weilds all the powers she's had thus far. She is in control of her ability like nobody's business. Plus she flies and has high level strength anyway. (No one hit KO's for her!)

Wolverine: The Best at what he does. invincible, knows everything and can cut anything. Anything. An.Y.Thing.

Jean Grey: She is, hate it or not, the Phoenix. She's pretty close to unstoppable and she a high level telepath and telekinetic anyway. How could she be stopped? Her TK lifts buildings with ease... she dances through other Telepaths minds with impunity. She calls prof x by his first name.

Juggernaut: The new Colossus smile He's a pure tanker and a good distraction who's still capable of wearing down some of the opposition (maybe not Superman or Flash, but everyone else is fair game...)

Iceman: He's gonna have fun, since he is the lord of cold nowadays, he regenerates if injured and is, in general, one bad mamma jamma. I don't see much dealing with him.

And they all work VERY well together... heck, they all LIVE together. Avengers and JLA can't say that. They're plenty powerful and if the goal was to "knock down this planet" or "warp reality with your strength or speed" the X-Men may find themselves a little short, but if the object is to affect another person without being affected yourself, X-Men have the kingship.

Darth Vicious
While i like what i read i would give Superman and Batman more credit, specially Bats since i believe hes the most dangerous JLA member but i also believe that Rogue can take Superman afterall all she needs to do is touch Supes and with the other powers she has hell go down and as for Batman ill go with Phoenix, since Bats has to really think a strategy and think of ways od dealing with his opponents, what better opnent than one that can read and anticipate his every moves. A little correction to Hypester, while Bishop can absorb energy it has to be in the form pretty much energy blasts a punch by someone as Superman would take him out quick if not kill him!

Baradok
ok i liked most of that even though jaggurnut(sp) wouldnt be in the nest of X-men no matter how much you like him

and its impossible to give Batman more credit since he has no powers... sure ill give him credit hes the richest dude in Gotham... but he yes does have a brain up there and relies on his 61 year old butler to wipe his @$$ so i give him the credit of dying quickly

Bishop is one bad mombo Jamba being the "Last X-man" im sure he would be a great aspect of putting aquaman in a damn headlock but the X-men wouldnt stand a chance, you oculd limit the 7 to 4 or 5 and still X-men would win, because the powers X-men posess are unique to the JLA and Batmans biggest strength is the Kryptonite he carries around...

There might raise civil rivalries like Wolvie and Cyclopes or Batman and Superman making the battle more interesting

Eidolon
I don't know much about all the heros in the Justice League, but I'd have to say the X-men would win. Xavior or Jean could just freeze everyone with thier mind while the others take them out.

ab012f9448
Never thought about it like that before. Eidolons right about the mind freeze thing, the x men would kick the crap out of them that way.

MaverickIce
You guys are biased.....REALLY biased.

Flash, can vibrate THROUGH objects, hit you over 10000 times in a SECOND, pluck bullets out of MIDAIR, evacutate (sp?) a city with over 500,000 people in it in a SECOND, and in Kingdom Come, he's so fast, he can't LIVE in only the 3rd dimesion.

That's the Flash alone..

gambit88
bah xmen would tear up the justice league and the avengers professer x would kill em alone

ab012f9448
Maverick that doesn't mean that the prof couldn't stop his mind.

MaverickIce
True, but you know in New X-men 146, Professer X could barely pick up Dust and gave her a few seconds before he found her....

Imagine what FLASH could do in a FEW Seconds... 10000, man, 10000

Also, is this with prep time? Batman found the weakness of the whole JLA with time to prepare, he could easily find some weakness of the X-men.

Thirdly, Green Latern would easily destroy most of those people, if you have ACTUALLY have read BOTH comics you would know that if it was a fair fight (as in numbers) the JLA could give any X-men combo trouble.

Fourthly, in Ultimate War, Thor knocked out Storm with one blow with his hammer. ONE.

The only thing I see stoping the JLA is Phoenix, the ONLY thing...

MaverickIce
Oh yeah, Supes could take Juggernaut easy... stick out tongue *avoids stones

Darth Vicious
I agree with Mav in the sense that most people seemed to be biased, after all is an X-men thred and while u r right about the Flash remember they have seen that beforre in the form of Quicksilver and before u say it yes Flash is faster but the X-men could take him down and while Bat-man did find the JLAs weakness, he did so over time and he wont get that chance with the X-men! By the way i read both books! but i find X-men more down to earth and JLA far over realistic!

Baradok
well for the case of whats more realistic take in the sense these are comic books lol but yes the reason JLA isnt as realistic is because the heroes in that are ment to be seperated into their own comic books making them solo and the only hero. When you put them together you put several super powers together with years of expirience

When it comes to experience for X-men it is limited to maybe 4 characters and proffesor X is the only main character with Experience....

now the point you make Mav with Flash being so fast there are more then one X-man and more then one JLA member so he cant do everything... and your point about him finding all of the JLA's weaknesses would only weaken his own team... yes Wolverines arrgoance and thick skull would prolly slow the team down and yes Thor knocked out storm with one blow.. but remember shes a girl none the less.. her body size cant sustain a blow like that her powers are transmitted through the brain not the fist

i would have to say the fight would be very close and most characters would die in the fight leaving the winning team with few remaining members... which brings the down side, Superman has come back from the dead several times whats stopping him from doing it again, there are a lot of things that coul turn the batle in a flash of an eye

MaverickIce
Exactly, that's what I'm saying, it would be MUCH closer than some people think. They wouldn't DECIMATE the JLA...

Also, Darth you say the JLA is not very realistic. Of Course! That's because they are so freakin' powerful..

You wanna know why the JLA didn't do a Crossover with Marvels most popular team. Because they would be DESTROYED, Marvel KNOWS that. That's why they did a crossover with the TEEN TITANS.

Secondly, JLA aren't family, they are a TEAM, that's why they aren't as decimated as the X-men when they lose one of their own.

maifoshis
you missed out martian manhunter and anyway i love xmen but batman is in the jla cos hes a genius so dont rule him out. and the kryptonian is the man

maifoshis
mutant wise gladiator is the only one who can give superman a good fight

Darth Vicious
While u guys make a valid point about Supes remember Phoenix have come back to life twice also and if u really look at it Superman has the stupides villains ever, toymaster(whatever hes called) Mr.msvfjfrj(whatever hes called again), Metallo nothing really that can match his powers well maybe except Doomsday and technically hes an alien, the X-men deal with aliens all the time and Marvels Gladiator is pretty much Marvels version of Superman and Cannonball beat him and while is gonna be a close one the X-men can take them and i still tink Rogue is the wild card in all this all she has to do is touch either Superman and beat the JLA with his powers and hers combined or touch Bat-man and beat them using his plans that are in his head in how to beat them!

LipiDSama
Justice League would win. they win cause I say so. And I know more than all of you so, there =P

MaverickIce
Rogue Huh? Its called Heat vision. Also gloves. which Batman wears. And she isn't gonna just touch him because he would annilahte her in hand to hand combat. Super Strength. Batman has delt with Solomon Grundy regularly. She is smarter than than Grundy, I know....Batman is the World's Greatest Dective.

Darth Vicious
DOnt make seem as if Rogue is a novice, she cane get the job done and im not only talking about her absorbtion powers, she has ascquire other powers over the years, Thors, wolvie, Cyclops among other and while true she might have a hard time with Batman since pretty much only his face is uncovered, you cant say the same about Wonder Woman that thanks god is in a freaing swuimsuit, adding her powers to her would make it easier taking out Supes,Bats and the rest!

MaverickIce
Well, Wonder Woman isn't the one who has to face her..

Eidolon
Xavior and Phoenix and mind freeze the others, while phoenix could also throw up a shield around herself and the Prof to give them the split second they would need. Also their telepathy would allow better team coordination, Iceman could and can freeze the blood and organs of his opponents almost instantly with a thought. Wolvie, Rouge, Gambit, Bishop, Colossous, Beast, ect... are all good general physical combate guys giving the rest of the team time to deploy stategic ideas. Also if Bats knows all of the JLA's weaknesses Xavior or Phoenix or Rouge (ripping of Bats costume/armor if nessecarry) could enter Bats mind and know instanlty what they have to do to defeat them.

MaverickIce
Here, I'm talking how many X-men are you talking about? If you're talking about every single onen ever, that wouldn't even be a fight. But if it was as many people as the JLA, then we could argue.

And...Professer X isn't an actual X-men. And Jean Grey died in New-Xmen 150, due tomorrow.

Darth Vicious
While i havent read Xmen 150 i can surely say that she hasnt died specially since her powers were beggining to grow even more powerfull but only a setup for another Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyiline in a future!

Eidolon
Xavior is the overall leader of the X-men, and although he doesn't go out on every mission he has uesd his powers to help his X-men in many fights especially to help team coordination. Also how many X-men would you say would be a fair fight then MaverickIce, and are they coming from the New X-men, Xtreme X-men, Uncanny X-men, or Ultimate X-man. I guess I'd have to ask are there different versions of the JLA, if there are what version would you be talking about.

MaverickIce
I'm talking your standard JLA-

Flash
Wonder Woman
Batman
Superman
Green Latern
Martian Manhunter

Versus Any REAL team of X-men actually used.

AceOfGambit
Ok, we'll get Jean or Xavier to freeze Flash in his tracks, Scarlet Witch trapped Quicksilver once from running, how hard can it be to catch Flash ( all though I know Flash IS faster than Quicksilver)

WHITE KING
Superman/Juggernaut/Captain America
Batman/Longshot/Black Widow
Wonder Woman/Storm/Thor
Flash/Nightcrawler/Quicksilver
Green Lantern/Bishop/Wonder Man
Aquaman/Iceman/Namor
Martian Manhunter/Mystique/She-Hulk

MaverickIce
Flash can go faster than the speed of light. Xavier would need Cerebra at FULL power to HOPE to catch him at FULL speed.

Darth Vicious
And i dont even think that Cerebra would work since technically Flash aint a mutant!

AceOfGambit
Cerebro can target humans too, does'nt anyone watch the X-Men movies?

Darth Vicious
Do you? Cerebro only scanned humans in general not one in particular which can be done after isolating all mutants all u get left is humans!

MaverickIce
That means Flash could hardly be caught.

fear Master
Hi there Im a new villan to these parts and i have taken on all the heros in the world including the JLA, X-men, Avengers and FF (fantastic four) even the brotherhood, and i have to say that they would kill them selfs trying to beat each other. they are too great but there would be on man thet may come out of it alive that is the martian manhunter or shadow cat

eristole
i think they'd never do it because both sides would lose to many subscribers to make it worth while if they lost.

but i think the x-men would win. the x-men would probably have xavier or jean or xorn or whatnot hiding out somewhere telepathically helping out.. slowing down flash, or making him think he's moving when he's not..

things like that.. other than that you just have the regular mixed matched
fightings that usually go on in DC/Marvel crossovers.. IE.. either no winner.
or they win by a hair and shake hands afterwards.

Jury Copeland
X-men -vs- The Avengers -vs- Justice League...

And the winner is... X-MEN!!!

Avengers and Justice League are both government-recognized heroes and heroines...

But they do not know how it feels to be isolated and racially discriminated all life long... but still, X-Men continue to battle against abusive corruptions and upholds the freedom and unity of both humanity and mutantkind.

That's how 'real heroes' are measured and weighed.

Jubilee: Yeah, if it's good to help other people, why it hurts so much? So darn much?!

Beast: Inside this beast... there beats the heart of a man... If you prick us... don't we bleed?

Scott: Because most people fear what they don't understand. It makes them do wrong things sometimes... things they come to regret later"

Jury Copeland: You're right, Scott. smile

Rasta
X-Men would get annihilated. But I won't even bother to preach here, it's too blatantly obvious that you're all biased X-Men fans.

fear Master
i agree cause they have no real power compared to WW of superman or even Thor.

fear Master
The Teen titans might join the JLA when the Next gen will team up with the X-men, and kill the Avengers, problaly,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.