Question about Sauron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kitoky
Hello everyone

There's been a lingering question through my head about what Sauron really is, can someone answer that?

Is he not a powerful being that just needs something to make his power generate through, that's why he created the rings of power?

For those who will answer, thanks a bunch.

*~Kit~*

TrixStar

nephalim27
He's an "angel," (an ainur) one of the lower level ones (of two mentioned "levels", a maia,) to put it in laymans terms. I do believe that the Balrogs are also maia, as well as Shelob's ancenstry. Gandalf and Saruman are also maiar btw, but of a different sort with limits to their powers (probably solely voluntary, as Saruman clearly abuses and uses his power to it's fullest.)

GABRIEL05
What I'm wondering is you'de figure if all of you're power depends on this freakin' ring, that you'de keep it locked up in the lowest dungeon in the barad dur somewhere where no one can get to it, but who knows what Sauron was thinking.

nephalim27
Umm...Sauron wore it, it gave him most of it's power that way. Then he was defeated and it was taken from him. Where during this should it have been at the bottom of Barad-Dur?

manny321
why dosen't aragon just his finger off again done, then make sure to through the ring in after

turin
well in the second age sauron wanted to rule all the free peoples of middle earth. well he knew that he could never rule over the elves so he came up with a plan. he would give rings of power to all the races and then make a master ring to rule over all the others, but the 3 elven rings were so powerful that he had to put a lot of his power into his own ring to dominate those three. well once he had done so the elves realized what he did and went to war over it. when the ring was originally taken from sauron the elves and men were very powerful and were able to contend with saurons strength. but in aragorns time men and elves were far less powerful and if sauron retook the ring, no one would be strong enough to stand against him. hopefully that helps.

GABRIEL05
Oh gawd my grammer in that last post was absolutely abysmal. Forget what I said. Forging a ring of power and pouring all your hate and what not into it is a bad idea

sauron

Bloom4ever
Sauron, r u a lotr dictionary?

fini
damn sauron........u trying to compete with Exa????

shaber
Go on Sauron, what happened then? big grin

Kitoky
Lol, thanks for the info guys, I was really confused about that. Thanks Turin, Sauron, TrixStar, Nephalim, and others. Um...Except, manny...I'm not quite sure what you were trying to do...

why dosen't aragon just his finger off again done, then make sure to through the ring in after

Um...to answer your question...Sauron doesn't even have the ring right now, I don't know what universe you've been livin' in but it ain't Middle-Earth. Sauron has minions, so they can't just fly into Mordor and come out all happy and clean and shiny and the adventure's over, trust me if it was like that, Lord of the Rings would prolly be rated G.

turin
Well what are the odds of aragorn being able to cut the finger off in battle. in the first place Sauron would never go to battle himself unless it was the last possible option such as with the last alliance. second if he did come forth to battle he would probably be much more careful. the movie kind of throws people off. it makes it look like by isuldur cutting the ring off he was defeated, but in the books, he was defeated before the ring was cut off by elendil and gilgalad. the cutting off of the ring being the final blow to his power. in aragorns time there is no warriors of such stature as elendil and gilgalad to battle with sauron.

sauron
lol no, i could never compete with exa, like the ultimate source of tolkien knowledge, just trying to be helpful big grin

Kitoky
Haha, that's udnerstandable, sometimes when I read your guys' post, I'm thinking - "HUH?!!"

shadow link
1 simple answer, read the silmarillion, if its looks to long or your not interested in the main bit just read the last section, it explains basically everything, believe me there are plenty of sources of informtion extending from the main 3 books, i am currently working my way throught the history of middle earth, perhaps the one titled war of the rings in that series could be of assistance

but basically sauron was melkor's (basically the devil or satan) greatest servant and some time gets turned in to a vampire then when melokor is destryoed and the earth sort of gets upp ended in parts sauron reloactes himself, wants to ocntrol everyone and so creates the rings

1 important thing to note is the pronunciation is like that in the movie unlike what i here lots of people saying as

the SAUron is as in sour not saw

Kitoky
XD, well why do I need to reread the Silmarillion, Sauron answered it for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.