Crap, he did it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nephalim27
PJ went ahead and changed the ending. From a review on Fandango:

"Jackson and co-writers Philippa Boyens and Fran Walsh make noteworthy departures from Tolkien, including such crucial moments as what happens when Frodo is finally standing on a ledge over the Crack of Doom inside the volcano where the ring must be destroyed, and how Aragorn makes use of the Army of the Dead that only he can command. Whole swaths of the book have been condensed and eliminated, but Jackson and company usually realize splendidly whatever they take on."

Blah.

nephalim27
No comments at all?

To those select few that have seen the movie: was it a major change, or a minor one? Is it a good one? Is it an insult to Tolkien's work, which it really is for him to change THAT. PLEASE don't spoil it, though.

Does Frodo's yet unmentioned love interest appear and save the day, and then they live happily ever after? wink

VengeanceGOD
If Gollum doesn't destroy the ring, there will be HELL to pay. I will hunt down Peter Jackson MYSELF.

EDIT: I just read the aint-it-cool news review. It doesn't SOUND that different. Maybe he just changed the fact that Frodo chooses NOT to destroy the ring. I suppose that would be OK...but not great.

Fire
I still think Gollem will destroy the ring

Too much stuff in FOTR referred to that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.