De-bugging Neo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
In M1 we see Trinity remove the 'bug' from neo with that strange machine.

where did it come from cos its not something that was around in 1999 (the year that neo was living in - within the matrix.)

we know that when they jack in they can load up things (guns etc) so if they loaded up that futuristic machine why not load up other advanced technology? (better weapons, vehicles etc etc)

Daedalus
Maybe because what they have available is very limited, possibly that machine was coded by someone, and maybe is was something extremely difficult to code. So maybe the same goes for weapons and vehicles?

Anyway they got Neo, he can remove things from Matrix bodies (ie. the bullet out of Trin) and can fly and all that stuff so they don't need all this advanced equipment anymore.

mook
your first point is a good one - difficult coding etc would be a plausible reason.

W. Lee Chojin
I think the technology in the Matrix does not go beyond to the existing technology in the XX century...

mook
thats what i thought - so the sight of that de-bugging machine has always struck me as out of place.

mook
"Anyway they got Neo, he can remove things from Matrix bodies (ie. the bullet out of Trin) and can fly and all that stuff so they don't need all this advanced equipment anymore."

but where did they get it from in the first place and why not bring in anymore?

any ideas/proof or are we going with Daedalus' idea:

"...machine was coded by someone, and maybe is was something extremely difficult to code. So maybe the same goes for weapons and vehicles?"

mailedbypostman
To get stuff i think they would have to know the exact mechanical structure of the gun. If you don't know the exact parts and slots and all,all you have is a very realistic gun that doesn't work.

mors823
Now they do since he's dead.

It's probably some device they invented over time. We saw something like it in th Animatrix w/the Detective.

ch0g0nda
Here's a good answer... What better weaponry? In the "real" world they have those EMP guns and the turrets on the hovercrafts. Seems to me a couple of MP5's with a load of 9mm's allows you a lot more flexability when fighting then one of those big clunky guns would. Not to mention who walks down a crowded street carrying an EMP emitter?

As for the tool to remove the bug from neo. Well seeing as they can bring guns and whatnot into the matrix their should be no problem with that device as long as they were able to build it in the construct.

Captain REX
I agree with that. They really needed that, once Agents started using bugs, so someone probably coded it to go in the Construct loadout. If they wanted to, they could probably make their own bug, or put the Neb in the Matrix, etc., though people would probably notice.

Neo with a lightsaber...

ch0g0nda
Neo with a lightsabre would be sick.

As for getting the Neb into the matrix... Probably only a few places on the planet with a hard line that has the capicity for a ship that size no expression

I still wanna see em load up a howitzer though ^_^

Captain REX
NEO: Guns...lots of guns. And a C4...a coupe of tazers...maybe a lightsaber...ooo, and a hotdog, I'm hungry!

laughing out loud Yeah, I don't think they'd want to take the Neb back through the hardline.

But they can take any car, I think, so why not a hovercraft? Hmm?

ch0g0nda
Car is a relativly small object. Plus we don't actually know if the car was stolen once they were in the matrix or if it was loaded in with them.

That and if they did upload the car... Well then let's put a car down beside the neb messed

Captain REX
Nope, cars are loaded in, along with guns. Otherwise Ghost and Niobe would have to walk around finding purple Pontiac Firebirds everytime they jack in.

ch0g0nda
lol. They have that car once in the movie. Let's also not forget it's in LA (or some other urban jungle). I don't think a unique lookin car like that would be all that hard to find.

Captain REX
Have you played Enter the Matrix? The first time you go in, Sparks loads the Pontiac Firebird, the Construct snapping it together like building blocks.

Plus, if they found the car, every time they jack in they would be searching for a mint condition, purple Firebird. Not likely.

And it's not in LA.

mook
Captain REX>Have you played Enter the Matrix? The first time you go in, Sparks loads the Pontiac Firebird, the Construct snapping it together like building blocks.

ok so that proves they can load in large/complex objects - hence the de-bugging machine as long as they build it first.

Fire
I still think it also takes in to account, what you load in, for instance, the matrix is probably checked, like an system to make sure no other programs get into it, but if you make a program that is already in the existing in the matrix, like a 20th century car, gun or whatever, the program will probably overlook it. BUT when you load up a lasergun or any technology that wasn't there in the 20th century chances are it will be detected

Hence the Tracking device to debug neo was build with relatively LOW-Tech parts compared to what they have in the real world

mook
Fire>BUT when you load up a lasergun or any technology that wasn't there in the 20th century chances are it will be detected

ok, so then how was the de-bugging machine not detected?

Fire>Hence the Tracking device to debug neo was build with relatively LOW-Tech parts compared to what they have in the real world.

ok, but then it changes into a live bug (and back again)
- thats pretty hi-tech surely?

Korri
i really do have a dirty mind angel

ch0g0nda
Enter the Matrix is a joke. I'd play it but I don't want to offend my hard drive.

Fire
the bug changed, not the machine, the bug didn't change till it was out of the machine of I remember correctly
and the bug was created by the matrix, so there for it doesn't matter

mook
fire>

yep i misread your post

mechaban
ok, so then how was the de-bugging machine not detected?

maybe that why they're in such a hurry ?

Captain REX
Well, they'd have to scan the WHOLE damn Matrix for it. The Matrix is pretty big, and I suspect if they scan the system they'd be checking everything. That's like walking through your neighborhood and counting every speck of paint on the houses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.