"unable to speak"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
During the interrogation scene Smith causes Neo's mouth to 'melt' shut.

1.)how did he do this?
2.)if agents have this power over people, why not use it else where in the movies (glue their legs together for example so they cant run away)

Daedalus
It was a scare tactic so they could make bugging Neo easier, and if you're on about using this power on the rebels, remember that they are not directly linked to the Matrix (hence why Agents can't posses rebels and only people plugged into the matrix).

mook
yeah, i understood the point of using it and i accept that they cant do it to rebels jacked in on ships.

however, can an agent do stuff like that at will to anyone whos plugged in (unaware) i.e completely change there physical beings and manipulate there bodies? (i dont mean by 'possessing' them). because you dont see them use it elsewhere in the movies (i think).

Also, is it significant that it is in an agent interrogation room and the architect appears to be watching...?

Daedalus
I think there is already a thread on your last point, not entirely sure myself.

mook
what i mean is can they do the mouth melt thing

a.)because its in the agents room?
b.)or because the architect is watching and influencing somehow?
c.)or can they do it any time/anywhere?

Sifer
Actually, its a room which is connected to the Corridor (as seen in Reloaded) big grin

mook
its still the room where the agents interrogate neo and its still viewed thru the architects screens.

also is that a known fact that its linked off the corridor or an idea that has been generally accepted?

and can it help answer my question;

"what i mean is can they do the mouth melt thing...

a.)because its in the agents room?
b.)or because the architect is watching and influencing somehow?
c.)or can they do it any time/anywhere?"

Sifer
Neo was still hard-wired at that point. And it is fact that it's the White Corridor. Watch the DVD, pause it and watch frame by frame. You can in fact see the colour of the door and another door behind them, surrounded by white smile

The One Himself
The agents were trying to scare Neo to force him to cooperate in finding Morpheus. It was a kind of "gestapo" tactic. Remember that minutes after, Neo appears in his apartment thinking it was a dream.

mook
Sifer>Neo was still hard-wired at that point. And it is fact that it's the White Corridor. Watch the DVD, pause it and watch frame by frame. You can in fact see the colour of the door and another door behind them, surrounded by white.

yep neo was still hard wired and, as i said, i accept that they cant do it to rebels jacked in on ships.
ok the thing about the door makes sense (although white is quite a common colour) and i will take that as a fact.

The One Himself>The agents were trying to scare Neo to force him to cooperate in finding Morpheus. It was a kind of "gestapo" tactic. Remember that minutes after, Neo appears in his apartment thinking it was a dream.

as i said, i understood the point of using it,
my question is not 'WHY?' it is 'HOW?'

'how did they melt Neos mouth shut?'

did the agents do it? can they do it anywhere or just in that room (off the White Corridor)
did the architect do it? is that why he was watching?

realworlddreams
i think it was the architect that did it. if it was in the back doors and arch was watchin, then he could have changed anything he wanted. it was "his realm" and he created the matrix, so for that reason, i think he could easily change the mouth of a plugged in person. a secondary question is why do you see space/a galaxy, when neo enteres the room of the arch, because i know it was mentioned by arch (...has altered your state of consiousness), but where did he actually go?

mailedbypostman
Good point.....

The Unknown
It's not the hallway of backdoors.

JKozzy
Can anyone post a screen.. plz...?

The Unknown
That isn't the hallway, notice the doorknob...

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/peace0/door.JPG

mailedbypostman
Ohhhh...........

The Unknown
Maybe it signified that he was leaving the Matrix or going deeper into it.

Captain REX
Some things they did not do so that they could keep the Matrix realistic enough, in my opinion. It is only when Neo makes a break for it that the Agents take bodies in public in M1, because people would think it quite strange to see their short, skinny friend suddenly turn into a 6-foot, 400-lb, shades-sporting, gun-wielding, unstoppable guy who knows how to kill people with a single blow.

ch0g0nda
400lbs...

eek!

The Unknown
I believe that only people making physical contact or are very close to the person when they're taken over will notice. It appears that no one even sees the agents except for the little girl whose father is taken over.

ch0g0nda
For those of you with the back door theory.... Do you really think Neo would have acted like he did should he have been in that same hallway Seraph takes him through to see the Oracle? Quite frankly I'd think he would have been a little more suprized to be there.

mook
ok, so the White Corridor theory has been disproved but does everyone agree with 'realworlddreams' that it was the architect who did the mouth melt trick?

burlyman
maybe it needs a special keycard messed

Captain REX
*ARCHITECT is sitting in his room*

ARCHITECT: This man didn't pay his taxes...tsk tsk, I'll have Agent Smith smash his car on the freeway later...but what's this? Mr. Anderson caught by the Agents? Pfft, let's melt his mouth for some laughs...

mook
i dont get your point. sad

what is your answer to this question:

'how did they melt Neos mouth shut?'

did the agents do it? can they do it anywhere or just in that room
did the architect do it? is that why he was watching?

realworlddreams
his answer was a joke about the architect mook. WE all think that it was the architect, or at least it seems like it. So leave it alone. we resolved a question, unless you have new evidence. The architect is the supreme being inside the matrix (cuz he made it) so it is logical he can change stuff
the best question to ask is if the architect is the original ONE, because the ONE was considered the supreme being,and that since the ONE can change anything in the matrix, that the architect could take over the matrix he was in, make it his own, and now is in control of the matricies. if that makes sense, maybe i should start a new thread, you guys either defend or refute me...

The Unknown
The Architect can't be an anomaly, because 1. He's a program, 2. How would he be alive this long? 3. Why would he want to kill his fellow human beings?

Captain REX
I was playing off of the "The Architect did it" answer...

I think it was the Agents that did it.

mook
realworlddreams>WE all think that it was the architect, or at least it seems like it. So leave it alone. we resolved a question, unless you have new evidence. The architect is the supreme being inside the matrix (cuz he made it) so it is logical he can change stuff

you cant say WE all think it was the architect, just because you posted your opinion. i wanted to know what others thought - for example 'Captain Rex' thinks "it was the Agents that did it".

however i would agree that the architect did it cos he was watching and has that power (which the agents do not? agree/disagree)

realworlddreams>the best question to ask is if the architect is the original ONE.

thats the worst question. the architect is not the original one.

kalantiaw
i think the architect did it, after some deliberating of my own... like some of the people said, the archi created the matrix, so logicly he can change anything in it that s connected to the machine main frame... if you say "well, agent smith said what good is a phone call if you're unable to speak"... the architect has supreme control of the matrix at that time and agent smith is still connected to the machine main frame, so maybe the archi made him say that... just my opinion...

Captain REX
Jesus, you guys argue alot...just a thought...

realworlddreams
mook> i apologize to both u and the rest of the forum for making an assumption about something that was under observation.
secondly, i dont think my question was stupid if u analyze it in the correct way.. also, i was not implying that the archtiect WAS the frist anomaly, only that if you looked at it, he could be. i personnally do not believe this, but look at the facts:
-according to morpheus, the first anomally could change whatever he wanted in the matrix (relates to this thread)
-next, we dont know if a machine or a human acutally invented the matrix, playing w/the fan fic at metacortex, it quite possibly was a human.
-finally, if you guys believe that NEO is still alive, then y couldnt another human be kept alive if their brain was like, given its own hard drive to use?
i dont support my own ideas, i jus thought that there were similarities.
n once again mook, i'm sorry.

Mordecai
Fan fic at metacortex?!?!? confused

As for your similarities, Morpheus still thought the first one was the one at the beginning of the 100 year loop he happened to be in, which would make him the 4th One not the 1st. It all runs in the loop, The One before Neo chose the door to rebuild Zion, and all the other Ones before that chose the samething which is why they say "he freed the first of us" which is The One having to pick 16 female 7 male or someshit like that to rebuild Zion.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the hard drive thing, please expand.

realworlddreams
i meant that who knows if the machines could potentially upload a human mind into the matrix and make it into an artificial intelligence, allowing it to live on after the body was dead. as for the metacortex, that was fan fiction, not sanctioned by WB, but it could be used as a basis for how the matrix was originally concieved, as a virtual world simulation.

Mordecai
Ahh i see what your saying now, its something to think about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.