Hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

O-Ren
Well, I see a lot of threads about slasher flicks and such. And hey, I've been a "Friday The 13th" / Jason fan for years. I think Jason is one of the best movie villains ever. I loved "Freddy vs. Jason".

But for true horror, nothing can compare to the Hammer House. Films like "Curse of Frankenstein", "Horror of Dracula", "Curse of the Werewolf", "Plague of the Zombies", and others. Stars like Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. The Hammer films were the best horror films ever made, in my opinion. Totally atmospheric, with beautiful set design and outstanding cinematography. They had a certain class to them.

My only complaint with them, as a whole, is their seemingly universal lack of denoument. As soon as the monster or villain would die, the credits would start to roll. No final scene to "wrap it all up", no slow comedown from the climax, no final line from the hero. The plot and excitement would build steadily upwards, as expected, but end at the highest point.

But that is a small, nitpicky complaint. Overall the Hammer Films are remarkable, and I love them. I just thought I'd start a thread, and see if there were any other fans of Hammer.

smokin'

tabby999
mate, the rule with these sort of movies is, when the monster dies, the movie ends. dont horse shit around with 3 more scenes, finish the movie. you want to finish with the power still goin not let it eb out with another 20 minutes of film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.