best ending in a movie ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maynards
my favorite ending ever in a movie is in primal fear when richard gere finds out the truth about edward norton's character

ab012f9448
When the hulk finished....oh wait i had already walked out of the cinema before i saw the ending.

sumunabeech
All three endings to "Clue"

Kes
Yeh thats pretty cool.
Also Memento has a great ending.

cgtuna21
in both of the 2 lotr movies fellowship of the ring especially. Great Great endings

bLooMiLiCioUs
and "the brave"

wicker_man
For me its got to be:
American Psycho
The Haunted
& The Others

Gus The PI
T3 had a great ending

Depressing, but great

ahaetrkarykl
the shawshank redemption had an awesome ending

cgtuna21
yes ur definitely right!!!!!

SilverFighter
My favorite endinds:

M (1931)
The Pianist
Pulp Fiction

Metroplex
All the M. night Shayman's movies. They always have a surprising twist

KidRock
shawshank redemption by far had the best

then braveheart

The One Himself
The Sixth Sense
The Usual Suspects
The Matrix
Seven
The Others
Planet of The Apes (Original)
Silence of the Lambs

98R1
The Sixth Sense for sure

BackFire
One Flew over the Cuckoos nest is by far the most emotionally powerful ending ever. You feel every emotion possible at the end of that film, it's truley amazing.

duffy
Fight club

Primitive Screwhead #1
Right on, duffy. Fight Club ranks up there with these others:

Identity
Memento
Fallen

Darth Vicious
Shawshank Redemption had a good ending but if u wanna talk great, The Usual Suspects beats all of them, how Virgil fooled the cop, what he used to fooled him and when it was revealed that he was Keyser Soze, brilliant!!!!!

Metroplex
I dont have anything against the Shawshank redemption, but why is the ending so good? Is it when he breaks out of prison the best part? or when the police arrests the guys in the jail?

Fire
Primal Fear is indeed quite, good but I will think about this...

Darth Vicious
I havent seen Primal Fear, i guess ill rent it this weekend!

Darth Vicious
Metro to me is when u find out that hes been digging behind the poster all along, that was clever!

lil bitchiness
Pulp Fiction....
Bella Mafia also...amazing ending...
Awakenings...man that was sad...i cried and cried....

Tired Hiker
Tank Girl. I was so glad when it was over.

Tired Hiker
OMG, HULK had the best ending ever! When he's in South America!!!

Tired Hiker
OMG!

Tex
Memento
6th Sense
T3
American Beauty
Dancer in the Dark
Monster Inc
The Usual Suspects
Kill Bill

MUSE(a band)_16
idetity
fight club
memento
the godfather trilogy
requiem for a dream
resarvoir dogs
kill bill

DracotheDragon
Dragonheart when Draco leaves to the Dragon Heaven and they talk about the stars where Draco went.

glenn
The usual suspects
The matrix revolutions
The others
LOTR (first 2)
Star Wars Ep 2

A.D. Skinner
Halloween H20
Rudy
The Usual Suspects
Tin Cup
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Crimson Tide

Elite13
thomas crown affair (remake) - great use of action with music
fight club - truely original
boyz n the hood - just becaue
braveheart - made me want to go out and overthrow a government

Mr Parker
Best movie ending ever? my vote is for the original STAR WARS movie since it is my favorite movie of all time.Gives me goosebumps everytime when the ceremony takes place.

Fire
thought I posted in this one, anywayz here it goes again

Dead Poets Society still is the most emotional ending I have ever seen

Particleman167
Dancer in the Dark has a very emotional ending. Braveheart too, it gets me every time stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Angel heart
Signs
Existenz
REquiem for a dream

Ok all the above movies have great endings, but none can compare to the first time i watched "the crying game" with my friend. If you have ever seen this movie you'll know what i mean. Well during the movie my friend commented on how hot the girl was. He said he would love to feel up her legs. Well if you have seen the movie you know what the girl turns out to be. LOL i nearly pissed myself laughing. I never let him live it down, i always get to say to him that he wanted to feel up a dudes leg LOL that was the best movie eding lol

Fire
I don't think the ending of Requiem for a dream is that good, ppl always said ti was really depressing and all, but I didn't find it depressing or shocking or whatever

Kes
lol you posted in the best car chase thread wink

johnny_rotten
I think the most powerful ending was in Schindlers List, when all the survivors of the holocaust were placing stones on Oscar Schindlers grave.

Fire
Thx Kes

and that ending was good because it was real, not a movie

so IMO that doesn't count

if it hadden't been real it wouldn't have been very good

Tired Hiker
Goonies had a GREAT ending!

lil bitchiness
Ocean's Eleven...big grin I like how that ended!!

Fire
Ocean's Eleven is predictable, after I know what you did last summer, by far the most predictable movie I have ever seen

lil bitchiness
Ocian's eleven was predictable, but it was a cool ending...it was predictable to me anyway, since i have seen the original...

I love how that ended...all the cast did FAB-U-LOUS job!! yes

Ahnold
In Ocean's 11 - did you know that it was them in the SWAT uniforms?

potterthefirst
I think The matrix one has a great ending and revolutions is very good.

wicker_man
I love the ending to the original Italian Job "Hang on lads i've got an idea", the ending to Von Ryans Express is pretty memorable simplistic yet pretty sad at the same time.

lil bitchiness
Of course i did! Thats how they run away..in a swat van...the white van was empty...it was remote controled to move...
The guy who rung the police, never actually got through, one of the Ocian's eleven answered and pretended it was the police

I love that film!! big grin

Fire
the actual movie was a lot better

Ahnold
I think you misunderstood me...

I was responding to the comment that it was predicatble... it was kind of a test...

Kes
I love the 1st Matrix but Neo taking off flying is lame.

lil bitchiness
Oh right....sorry Ahnold...embarrasment

Wolfie
The Matrix Trilogy, Identity, The Sixth Sense, Army of Darkness (had kind of a fun ending in S-Mart)

A lame ending, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. If they plan to make a sequel, it's okay, but if not, the witch doctor scene was lame and unnecissary.

johnnys#1 fan
I loved the ending to POTC when jack was singing!!!

Punker69
Star Wars 3 original
Identity
The Sixth Sense
The Others
Pirates of the Carribean
Pay It Forward
Spider-Man

duffy
The ending of Leon is great, not the very end but the bit with the grenades!

SaTsuJiN
I liked the ending for Gladiator, the way they showed everyone moving on with thier life afterwards, and with new resolve. The music was great too. big grin

Lord Shadow Z
I think a real strong ending was Unbreakable , when Willis learns about who engineered all those 'accidents' ; and for what reason. ( sniff.. so emotive)

Fire
music was indeed very strong with gladiator

Loopy_UK
For me its gotta be the ending for the movie braveheart. where the scottish charge the battlefeild . FREEEEDOM! eek!

botankus
Final Destination, yep, I could not wait for that movie to end. I was miserably counting down the victims one at a time, hoping that they would all die so I could get on with my life.

amity75
Best ending ever? Shallow Grave. Never before in the history of cinema has the music of Andy Williams been used so effectively.

amity75
Hold that result!!! The original "Planet of the Apes" ending. "You maniacs!!!!"

samhain
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

MissesDepp?!
hmmm... i really, really liked the end to clue it was so freaking funny. And i'd have to say The breakfast club too because the whole movie bases it's prime around what is going to happen to these kids on monday and they don't show it so it leaves your mind to wander, great movie. And moulin rouge i mean sure you knew she was gonna die but really!!! sad so sad.

alis
The usual suspects it has to be, the sixth sense and the others are good but nothing beats the brilliance of when his walk changes

Lord Soth
That was HILARIOUS!! laughing laughing

md-jbsks
Primal Fear
Usual Suspects
Planet of the Apes

and of course...

THE SIXTH SENSE

Wolfie
Ahh yes, Spider-Man had a great ending.

Lord Soth
X2 had a brilliant ending. Foreshadowing rules.....

LordMortis
pulp fiction or the green mile (very emotional lol http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/cry.gif )

impossibleeddie
When talking about movies, it's pretty shallow to just talk about movies and say "ever." There are catagories you know. One that comes to mind right now though is "Say Anything....", lovely ending.

Lord Soth
Agreed. This is based on opinion, so 'ever' is kind of a strong word

SweetNsouR
American History X. so gruesome, but some one had to die, that obvious and not a s polier. and it was soo poweful and the end of Seven, gruesome too...but so clever

lederuvdapac
perhaps the best ending of all time...and my favorite is the ending to die hard 2. Just the expression on John McClane's face when he takes out his light...says his line..."Yippe Kayaa Muther F*****" and then he lights the gas which blows up th 747. Awesome.

Orlandoswifey
LOTR1 coz orlandos line was so sweet and they all run off to save merry and pippin.

Mmoose1025
I agree with Night Fire on ONe Flew
Resevoir Dogs also has a very emotional ending

JoshSquash2k4
Fighr CLub
Training Day
Pulp Fiction
Reservior Dogs
Kill Bil vol. 1 (vol. comes out 4/16)
Taxi Driver

Doctor Love
Sweet Heavens! When it comes to endings the best actor to add a touch of love is Richard Gere. love

Here are four lovely movies that have a great love ending.

An officer and a Gentleman love
Pretty Woman love
Runaway Bride love
Chicago love

When it comes to romantic movies Mr. Gere is the best!

Punker69
THE SIXTH SENSE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who?-kid
1. Reservoir Dogs had a great ending !!! But I only say that because I'm a Harvey Keitel fan ;-)

2. But the best ending ever, in my humble opinion, is that from the underestimated "Runaway Train", with a fantastic, almost dead Jon Voight who stands on a moving train, with the sad, melodic music of Vivaldi on the background, and, when "the curtain falls", a beautiful quote from Shakespeare :

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast." (Richard III)

I really liked that ending...

Citadel
omg, the ending of braveheart was f,ucked up! it disturbed me, when they tortured him and stuff. arg, it buggs me to this day!

but yea, the 6th sense was awesome.

oh yea, and the ending to "a beautiful mind" was good.

Punker69
Yeah the ending of a beatiful mind was alright but..............NOTHIN CAN BEAT THE SIXTH SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

vagaryatwill
Oooh, yeah, I don't think ANYONE saw that coming. Great ending. Good one...

"Identity" isn't a bad one.....I don't remember thinking that I saw that coming. Although, looking back, I should have figured it out. wink

Fire
resevoir dogs or well vanilla sky

Punker69
The ending to GIGLI is good because it ended

ElectricBugaloo
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Punker69
NO GIGLI!

MarkHobin
Fight Club had a great ending, i like the ending to U Turn aswell, so good.

Xena!
Oh my! the best ending has to be Pretty in Pink! the airport scene was so touchie and beautifuly romantic. yes

hrh_jennifer
I say Clue, The Dark Crystal, E.T. Watership Down (those last two are very upsetting)
and I have to say LOTR because I love everything about them.

hrh_jennifer
Oh, yeah! my avatar and sig just reminded me, The Neverending Story, oh amd Flight of Dragons and the Last Unicorn!

U Neek
Blade Runner had quite a good ending...

But like some of the others said, the ending to Usual Suspects is a quite a good one.

Painkiller
Fight club

Demonic
Hands down, my favorite ending ever:
The alternate ending to Clerks.

A man walks into the store, shoots Dante in the head, and then fills a paper sack full of money from the register and takes off. Credits roll.

Shocking and disturbing. This was beyond out of left field. This ending was off the freaking map. If you watch it with directory commentary, Kevin Smith mentions that the test audience couldn't handle it, so it was taken out before the release. And to top it off, it changes your entire perspective on the film, and makes it a true insight into the insignificance of life. The first time I saw it, my jaw dropped to the floor and I just stared at the credits until they stopped rolling.

If you haven't seen this ending, I strongly suggest you go rent the DVD, watch the whole film, then watch the other ending. For those of you who don't like Kevin Smith movies, for whatever reason, get passed the desire to bang your head on the wall and focus on the meaning within the dialogue.

mhuda
The Matrix Revolutions has the best ending of a movie, because it tells the audience that the Wachowski Brothers sold out and we won't have to endure another Matrix film again.

Myth
I loved that cliffhanger type feeling that Lock Stock left.

eleveninches
1. Empire strikes back "I am yor father" "NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo"
2. 6th sense
3. Braveheart
4. Lion King
5. Leon
6. Schindlers List
7. Shawshank Redemption
8. Seven
9. Terminator/T2
10. LOTR (ttt/rotk)

ladygrim
i dont really know my fav ending but a good one is sixth sense .. but in the two towers ... its good cuz u wana see more cuz of smeagol/golloum smile

lil bitchiness
Fight Club, the book, had the most amazing ending i have ever read...the film messed it up a lot but it was still great in its own right.

SlickRick69
Primal Fear
The Usual Suspects
The Life of David Gale
Se7en

oh, and Titanic!! Who woulda guessed the ship sank in the end?!
I was waiting for the trick twist ending but it never came! Amazing! big grin

punkyhermy
did i mention batman:mask of the phantasm.one aspect of the film i love, is the begining and ending.Like my english teacher said "a begining and an ending can make or break your essay"i apply the same concept to movies.The ending to be specific.MOTP, leaves an impression at the end, an impression through which u see the whole movie next time u see it.I like the fact that the ending also implies and wraps up the theme of the fim.

ladygrim
yeah i liked se7en that was good ... lil fuked up but it was good

Discos
Planet of The Apes was a good ending, nice and twisty.....justthe way I likes it.

Long Good Friday is another good example, bloody CIA miffed (could have been another organisation though)

Catch Me If You Can & Terminator 3 endings I DIDNT like!

Discos - will be back with more reports on the movies sir!

Waggy the Dog
i don't know if anyone has seen Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive, but the ending to that is stupendous. Its hilarious and shocking at the same time.

its one of those endings that no one would ever think of in a billion trillion years. It is so out of the blue, that it takes time to register in the brain when it happens.

Plus, the best and funniest thing about it, is that the ending has absolutley nothing to do with the rest of the movie. PURE GENIUS!

{the rest of the movie was crap though}

ScottsLover
The Sixth Sense, Signs, The Others. I don't know why they have to be scary movies but it always gives me a relief or a *gasp* at the end.

Fan of LOTR
I Liked LOTR ROTK's ending. It was the happiest ending Ive ever seen in a movie and therefor the best for me atleast.

dimad
The original Italian Job; "Hang on a minute lads, i've got a great idea! uh... uh..." Pure genius!

Stormy_Day
The Sixth Sense cool

Shadow_King
i liked the star wars ending

Jedi Priestess
Empire Strikes Back......because for a change the good guys lost. Doesnt happen much in movies of this type. wink

Rambo
The Count of Monte Cristo

Typo_Scar
Predator 2
The Matrix
Scarface
Return of the King(there were many endings)
Requiem for a Dream(Craziest movie ever)

BloomBabyGirl
ROTK
Fight Club
Matchstick men
Oceans 11

ladygrim
got to agree wit 'm' i watched it the other day .. and when i was telling my pals they just looked blankly at me eek!

SnakeEyes
Any Star Wars movie.
ROTK because it finally ended and wrapped up that huge and long trilogy.
fight Club had an amazing ending and good plot twists.
Matrix

MissesDepp?!
I just watched 'Spun' today, and the ending was actually really good. I mean the WHOLE movie was alright not the best but it really got into the mind of a speed freak.. but the ending was great.

Also, Fear and Loathing.. course. Especially the line 'Just another freak in the Freak Kingdom' ohh hunter.

angelsflame265
lol that is a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat movie

Jim-Jam
Not suprised if someone already said this but the origonal Planet of the Apes is the best ending in history by far, especially for those who didnt already know it before they saw the movie bac in 69, it gave me chills and i was totaly expecting it. the ending of the new planet of the apes sux, its mad stupid

bardock
scarface
butterfly effect

cal31
the matrix
12 monkeys
sixth sense
Field of Dreams
The Natural, I know some will say the movie ruined the book's ending and made it hollywood, but the scene where Hobbs hits the ball into the lights and all the sparks are falling onto the field is just one of the best shots in a movie.

Rotk had the worst ending to a movie that I've seen. It dragged on way way to long, about 30 mins. to long, and just ruined the whole movie for me. I mean with out the scouring of the shire, and the way they shot the ending was a style different from all the rest of the movies, not in a good way. It was the first time seeing a movie that I actually looked at my watch to see if it was almost over, it just dragged on, and I loved the first to films, so to me it was a shame.

Clovie
identity.
when in the end it turns out that everything is happening in one guys head blink

bardock
that was cool

BloomBabyGirl
eek! o ya. i likes phone booths ending too messed

Scottie
The Best Movie Endings Are When The Hero Dies cos its not as predictable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.