Lord of the Rings fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kenshin'sgurl34
i like the hp books better than the lotr books, but i LOVE the lotr movies better than the hp ones. and of course, i think aragorn and orlando bloom are soooooooooooooooooooo hot! wat bout u?

nephalim27
There's a Lord of the Rings forum, you know. And please keep the "hot celebrities" topics in their rightful place, which IMO is nowhere, but that's besides the point wink

Phoenix
Moving...

BurnetteBeauty1
haha this is funny

sauron
is there a point to this thread at all,

lotr books are better, so are the films, i still like hp though

lkotbr33
lotr by far

ilvorlandobloom
omg, i hate hp

Exa
I also hate HP (i cant understand i liked it some years ago... I liked it quite a lot... argh)
And LoTR films are way better than the HP films cuz their imo absolutely miserable.

enya
i must admit dat i do like the HP books but the films are crap and LOTRs beats HP for books and movie

enya
lord of the rings is great because tolkien took the genre fantasy all the way to the extreme that a whole nother world and species and history was created unlike HP

ilvorlandobloom
the author of hp was on drugs
at least thats wut i heard... and she copied LOTR a lot

ElvenQueen
I like both Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter...but I liked LotR better.

enya
jk rowlin on drugs now thats funny- did she really coz i cant see that

Cowboyography
anyone who like little boys that much has to be on something!!

enya
LOL good point but them again tolkien likes old people dat look good e.g most of the elves look good and they are old, in the books frodo has the ring longer therefore like bilbo he looks good for his age, aragorn iz one of the dunedain (sp?) so he looks good for his age

but i love tolkien and he iz a genious so lets not look at his masterpeice and question why

ElvenQueen
Stop dissing Harry potter. J.K. Rowling is a very talented author.

ilvorlandobloom
thats just what i heard.

nazgulinthedark
1st statement : then you need to be in the hairy pooper forum
2nd statement : we all do
3rd : the majority of us here do.

what about me?
hairy pooper sucks, all of it, lord of the rings is AWESOME, and the ringwraiths WILL take over the world

nazgulinthedark
yes

some of the sililarities:

1.an old guy thet saves the day :gandalf/dombledore
2.a sometimes disembodied evil guy : sauron/voldermort
3. good guy: frodo/hairy
4.evil cloaked things ringwraiths/demented-ors

ALL I COULD THINK OF, BUT THERE IS ALOT MORE

SKAliv
Well, obviously LOTR is better, but HP is easier for younger kids to understand. And Tolkien is the God of all fantasy---Rowling's got nothing on him, though she is still an okay writer.

nazgulinthedark
yes very valid statement

SKAliv
thank you big grin
--liv

nazgulinthedark
big grin

lkotbr33
tolkien and lotr is the best either way i almost wet myself b/c i didnt want to miss a single part of the movie

Hania
hahaha, really? me too! Thank God for Tolkien.

Kenshin'sgurl34
jk rowling did copy lots from LOTR like dumbledore, sauron, and gandalf. but i dont see y hp is more popular. i think LOTR shood be. tat sux. and she prolly copied the seen in the first book where they're in Rivendell and frodo is sick and in bed, and gandalf is sitting beside him on his bed. sound like something familiar in the first hp movie?

SKAliv
well, writing styles have changed. I'm an advanced reader, and I even struggled through LOTR. It just wasn't the type of writing I was used to, but at the same time, it's so intricate and detailed...the writing back then was so much more poetic, and Tolkien was amazing at it!

--liv

nazgulinthedark
yes hp is easier to read so more people read it i guess, i too struggled through the two towers and i too am an advanced reader

SKAliv
lol, nice to know i'm not alone. I thought maybe my reading test was wrong or something...but it's really just a matter of what you're used to. smile

-liv

nazgulinthedark
yeah, i'm really supposed to reading college level books, i've tried to but the are really boring, as being writtin along time ago

sauron
she copied LOADS

harry, small pathetic lol, small chance of success at anything, ITS FRODO

dumbledore, harry looks up to him, he looks out for harry ITS GANDALF

sirius, rugged man, harry is very close to, helps harry, fierce fighter ITS ARAGORN

voldemort, A.K.A the dark lord, lost his body now needs a certain thing to get it back ITS SAURON

aragog, giant spider, no other explanation needed ITS SHELOB,

kreacher, weird creature schitzophrenic talks to itself, says master alot ITS GOLLUM/SMEAGOL

i had a thread like this up before it got moved to the potter forum, and there, it was closed, hmmmmm i wonder why

nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud hahaha! yes she copied loads

Kenshin'sgurl34
i really had a hard time just finishing the fellowship of the ring, and im not an advanced reader (but i do read books one grade above my grading level) but tat duzn't make me an advanced reader

Member.
No, that just makes you a reader that reads one grade above books. FOTR book was easy to read for me and so the rest of the trilogy, and all the other books Tolkien wrote.

Kenshin'sgurl34
sumtimes, i really coodnt understand wat he was trying to say, or i coodnt picture the senery in my mind. tat made it very hard to concentrate on the book

Member.
Yes, Tolkien does have a way with his readers. It's ok, i have hard times understanding parts of the trilogy too.

Kenshin'sgurl34
i think tat his writing style was one of the main reasons his books became so popular, and of course, the magical theme, and wonderful characters as well

Kitoky
*chuckles* Well I both love HP and LotR mind you, though I prefer LotR more.
And guys don't think she 'copied'. Many of her material is BASED on TOLKIEN'S creation. And she has said this herself.

nazgulinthedark
meaning she told everyone she copied..

Kitoky
mad

nazgulinthedark
no expression big grin

Kitoky
Naz you're lucky you're one of my Nazgul fan partners

nazgulinthedark
big grin yep hehe

Kitoky
Should we turn this thread to a Nazgul fandom?

nazgulinthedark
YES!!! evil face

eeee! i luuuuurrrvvve ringwraiths!!!

Kitoky
NAZGULS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THEN DEMENTORS MAN!! I mean the awesome screeching, all the Dementors have is that 'Dementor's kiss' stuff.

nazgulinthedark
ringwraiths have morgul blades! way better than some "kiss"

Kitoky
I know!!! And they just happen to result the same way! morgul blades are awesome!

Member.
nazgul.

nazgulinthedark
let me finish your sentence,

nazgul are cooler than me

Kitoky
hahahhahaha

nazgulinthedark
gwhahahahaha! evil face

BingaBonga
Truthfully, I don't really like the idea of any hp in the lotr forum... oh well embarrasment

Kitoky
That's why we're turning it into a NAzgul forum....

BingaBonga
Nazgul and harry potter have nothing to do with each other...what the heck are you talking about? huh

nazgulinthedark
NAZGUL RULE!!! eek!

BingaBonga
They are so sexy too... love

Kitoky
Very sexy!

BingaBonga
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/innocent.gif

Kitoky
They're all SHEX!!!!!! I just need a pic of the Witch King...U.U

BingaBonga
shex?

nazgulinthedark
huh

BingaBonga
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/confused1.gif
being confused is cool cool Well, maybe... stick out tongue

Kitoky
I'm not sure why I said that......

nazgulinthedark
blink

Kitoky
*cough* Sorry....I'm over obsessed with Nazguls

hobbit@heart
I agree with Naz, Harry Potter is nothing to lord of the rings . The books are cool but the movies should be shot! Stoned PPL write cool books.

Bloom4ever
dont forget Dark Lord,
And in bk. 5 she calls the ppl in the hospital Healers
cant 'member anymore right now

Kitoky
Erm...why am I seeing this thread again?

pip-foot
LOtR is way better, both in movies and books than HP, but Harry Potter is okay , i dont hate it or anything. plus i say younger kids should read teh hobbit instead of harry potter. its way better!!!!!!!!!! and based for younger fantasy readers!!

aniron
for gods sake what has HP hot to do with the wonderful lotr?

sauron
enyas mad big grinbig grinbig grin lol aww chill out *hugs* breath....breath....

PippinTook
Look people, this is so simple to explain:

LOTR is SO much better than HP...the books and the movies...but HP is still good. The end. No one should EVER mention HP in the LOTR forum again! Go to the frickin HP forum!

OK Kit and Naz, we can get back to how sexy Nazgul are stick out tongue VERY SEXY of course hehe Not as sexy as my Pippin, but still very sexy.

Kitoky
Oh we can!!??

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!

You know how Ringwraiths are sexy right? But I mean I think that the wraiths on WINGS! Are soooo much cooler man! I mean they don't have to bounce up and down on their saddle, just swoop down and *sliiice* off goes head. Tada!!!!

But the sexiest of them all is THE WITCH KING! Him and his pimpin' helmet! rock

Elessea
LotR is def better yes

I kind like HP, but hte movies suck...and only a few of the books are worth reading...3 and 4 mostly

seretur
HP books and movies suck. The author was probobly smoking aomethign when she wrote it. And the LOTR book and movies kick ass. They are so mutch better.

>LOTR box <HP

Exabyte
laughing good comparison laughing

seretur
Thanks big grin
Happy Dance Happy Dance

~*~Tassie~*~
I hate old threads with my posts sick

seretur
Why?

daronisgod
Hmm, I quite like Harry Potter, but of course she copied Tolkien, he is the master... he was the one who made the genre hugely popular, before LOTR fantasy as a genre was nothing, without him HP probably wouldn't even exist.

Anyway, LOTR book and movie are a million miles better than HP... or any other book or film, IMO.

Oh yes and isn't LOTR more popular now, I bloody well hope so, second highest box office ever, second movie in cinema history to break a billion, 11 oscars.

As for the books, in fifty years if HP is still read by millions (doubtful, to say the least) I might be impressed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.