i discovered something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peluffo

peluffo
well, i just can attach one file, so I'm gonna put these 2 times more to get you the images

Ratcat
Just reply twice...

Whilst these craft share some design traits with the ISD, they aren't the ones we remember from the OT.

peluffo
this is the original shot from teaset trailer

peluffo

Ratcat
Oh sure, I agree 100%.

There definately look like the forerunners to the ISDs.

Good call!

queeq
Good stuff, peluffo. Great detective work.

yerssot
good!
and you have 3Dstudiomax? wow!

peluffo
These are good news for me because I dont feel the OT on TPM, with those ships so "new", and so "art noveau" style. This ships , and the inclusion of "slave one", brings me to the Galaxy era that all of we know. I think the transition will help to give TPM the look and feel of OT, and of course I HOPE AOTC give us all of that old feeling.

Somebody has some news about the Falcon in the PT? I remember to had readed somehwere (star wars technical journal maybe) a "legend" that the falcon was used by the old Jedis, or something like that.

queeq
I hope GL doesn't do anything like that. Leave the falcon to to the OT please.

Ushgarak
This rumour comes because in the very earliest scripts for Star Wars in the mid 70s, Mace Windu was the first Jedi he ever created and HE owned the Falcon.

queeq
Ah.... crap. GL may in fact do that.... brrrrrrrrr...

peluffo
Ok thanks, I just can't remember where I read it.
wink

King Jedi
Those picture were very good.

JediOasis
No, the Falcon won't be some "Jedi Ship" cause Obi-Wan never heard of it.

yerssot
Falcon is just a name!
The official name is YT-1300

bigsef2
youre not THE noel gallager, are you?

yerssot
the WHAT?

bigsef2
ever heard of the band oasis? he sings and plays guitar.

peluffo
Well, the old Ben don't remember a R2 unit either...
Maybe he was very very old to remember even his NAME!!!!!!!!big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

yerssot
I haven't checked but did they said to Ben his full name? I mean R2-D2 and not R2 (that's the normal name for that kind of models)
And he was right: as for TPM he didn't owned a droid...

King Jedi
JediOasis will be dlighted you thought that bigsef2.smokin'
To get into Texas good books, ask if he is Bjork!smile

queeq
From a certain point of view, OB1's always right. wink

peluffo
Just to pull the trigger that makes me post this thread:
what do you think about the ships of ep1 and the ones of the OT???? What do you expect of the AOTC about it?

I think that the ones of TPM are so NEW that they don't have the aspect of the "USED THING" that ships had in OT.

I've made some models from the trailers, and i'll include images just for fun.

yerssot
that ship of OB1 has something, but I don't know what...
and I think that in EpII and III the ships will slowly transform into the ships we already know.

Ushgarak
The ships in the OT are more practical than artistic, as befits a Galaxy long at war.

peluffo
There is a shoot where I can see an Imperial Symbol on a Jedi Fighter....

Somebody has a clue what that symbol are, and what it represents in OT and PT?????

Ushgarak
This got a lot of debate at the time.

If it is, indeed, the Imperial symbol, then this can only mean that the Empire simply never changed from the embelm of the Republic.

It has also been suggested that the symbol looks like a top-down version of the Jedi Council chamber.

yerssot
it's not the JC top-down, there are only 8 black-thingies and the JC is with 12 or 13

Captain REX
I think these ships will be the pre-Star Destroyers of the PT. Another interesting fact. Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter was designed after the original Star Destroyer from GL's very first script for Star Wars. Paint his ship chrome, change the cockpit a little, add a co-pilot, and presto!, the First Script Star Destroyer.

peluffo
Yeah, even Lucas (in the VIDEO area of the SW.com) says "is time to include the wedge-shaped ships" wen is talking to chiang about the designs of new ships. This video is dedicated to the design of the Jedi Fighter, but even so, i don't know what that symbol are, and why is in the Jedi Fighter, and in the OT is used as Imperial Symbol.

Rex, if you see the older posts of this thread you will see my guess about the first class of destroyers that we may see in AOTC.

yerssot
let's face it: the empire is lazy!

queeq
HEck no, they just take over the lot, including all the development and production lines. Makes sense, doesn't it. I mean, the Empire takes over Coruscant as capital, you might as well take over everything.

Another thing, I don't know if I saw it correctly but does that assassin droid look like a mini-version of the Sith Infiltrator? If so, we have another bit of TIE-technology.

yerssot
so THAT's what it is!!! I thought I knew it from somewhere!
Yeah, it has some stuff away from it. But the sound is definitly from the droid in the senate

peluffo
YEAh there is a model of the killer droid i've made seeing the trailer...
I don't posted it before because is a very low quality model (I worked for 20 mins and that's it!)

Is ton exact, but you get the idea

peluffo
and the sound is the exact sound of the little flying droids of the game "Jedi Knight"

Captain REX
Good model Peluffo. The symbol on the Jedi Starfighter looks like the Imperial insigna, but it is actually the seal of the Galactic Republic. Then it was made the Galactic Empire's seal because the head of the Empire was the head of the Republic.

The Sith Infiltrator looks kind of like Vader's TIE fighter with an X-Wing nose. Hmmm...

peluffo
i don't see a x-wing nose, but the panels around the central mass
is the "label" of the bad guys's ships on the movies (that's my opinion)

OT
- TIE fighter - plane panels |-o-|
- TIE interceptor - bend panels (-o-)
- TIE Advanced (Vader's one) - bend Panels (-o-)
- TIE Bomber - Bend Panels (-o-)

PT
- Droid Fighter (attack mode, front view) (-o-)
- Sith Intruder (-o-)
- Killer Droid (AOTC AFAIK) (-o-)

I still remember, one of the first scenes that shock me from the trailer of the Phantom Menace was the one from the cockpit of Anakin and he sees a swarm of Droid Fighters coming to him firing, and the pic at very fast speed beat me with the well known "H" design....
Ahhhhhh. was a great moment.... they were BACK!!!!!

There goes another model...

yerssot
it resambles a bit the TIE's, I think

queeq
I doubt it fits in the same line of development though. Not very TIE to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.