the white stripes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alic88
i think they're pretty cool. the concept of the guy doing the singing and guitars and the girl doing the drums who mostly hides her face. they're very coooooooooool. u know what i mean? i like this band. seven nation army is an awesome song. unique

LanceWindu
I liked a couple of their songs, but "The Hardest Button to Button" is annoying.

Their videos are alays great and breakthrough.

Bad Boy
They make horrible, horrible music!

mechmoggy
I've loved their last two albums, such a refreshing change from all the other crap around.

mook
'white blood cells' (their previous album) is much better than elephant (although elephant does have a few great songs)

in flames
i like thier style they play decent music

stinkfist462
havent heard much of them....

Steven
Yeah smile

stormsgreat
i love white stripes especialy 'don't know what to do with myself'!

alic88
ya thats a good song. although the video didnt make n e sense, i mean WTF

mechmoggy
It didn't NEED to make sense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

alic88
lol

Killer
uhhhhhh...... errrr... never mind.

burlyman
aaahh... seven nation army was in everyones heads for about a month no expression

Gotwa
I hate them. smile

metallicachick
Agree with Gotwa

tabby999
there ok, i wouldn't buy one of their albums but there not to bad

slashwristbarbi
I only really like Seven Nation Army....and I have a friend who can do a mean version of that with her band!

fanatos
They are great, I like them and listen to them quite often, meanwhile I got 1000 songs in my jukebox. big grin They are brother and sister, aren't they? wink

Killer
can't stand em.

Lag
I like this band a lot, which is wierd for me being a metal fan (I'm actually listening to Great Southern Trendkill as I type). The dude is just a very unique song writer, it's hard to not like them. He's got that whole Hendrix thing. I think the two of them were married at one point or something like that.

cermiestar
no there was speculation that they were married but they're brother and sister.
ilove these guys! they'r very cool. i am going to see them in concert!!

SAtown_punk
No, they are not brother and sister. They are actually divorced, but somehow are in the same band. Crazy. But I love them. And you guys do know that they had 2 albums before White Blood Cells, right? They were White Stripes and De Stijl. Both great. They are an awesome band, and Jack White is amazingly talented, plus the fact that Elephant was recorded with no equipment dated over 1969 is amazing. They are truly one of a kind. Although, as a drummer, I can't stand the way Meg White plays. She has no skill at all. But Jack makes up for it all.

alic88
no i think the girl drummer is cool. the way she hides her face in seven nation army and THBUB video is cool.

loserib
i think they both suck ass as musicains niether of them really know how to play

Phoenix
I love the white stripes!

Have you ever played seven nation army with the bass turned all the way up...? shifty

SAtown_punk
Jack White knows how to play. Why do you think Rolling Stone made him one of the top 20 guitarists of all time? There's a reason.

alic88
oh thats so cool!

mook
have you heard 'joss stones' cover of fell in love with a girl?

its a kind of jazz version.

loserib
honestly i dont know why rolling stones did that anyone who picks up a guitar knows that what he is playing is simple and very easy they might be better if he tried harder and put more effort into his music

SAtown_punk
You haven't heard all of the White Stripes' albums apparently. Jack White is talented, and if you think Rolling Stone made a mistake, then you write them and tell them. In my eyes, Rolling Stone can do no wrong.

loserib
no i have just heard the new one and i was so unimpresed
and dont get me started at how bad their top 20 guitarist pics were

SAtown_punk
what do the pics have to with the ability to play guitar?

alic88
xactly. i think ryan white is very talented. i am not much into guitars, but he just has this weird sense of talent that i have not seen in n e 1 else. the lyrics, especially the guitar in seven nation army

SAtown_punk
Jack White, not Ryan White...

alic88
oops sorry

loserib
sorry i meant picks like how they picked for the top 20

SAtown_punk
oh, ok. I gotcha now. They weren't that bad. I agreed with most of them. But i'm a drummer, not a guitarist. And I personally don't like Jimi Hendrix, but I do respect his talents.

loserib
now jimmi was a ****ing great gutarist

SAtown_punk
I suppose. I just don't like him

Placebo_fan
Meg White is a good drummer...On stage she looks so relaxed. She also has a talent for keeping time and hitting them really hard. Jack is great too on guitar.

SAtown_punk
Meg White is a HORRIBLE drummer! I'm a drummer, and looking at her almost makes me sick. She can barely keep time, and she can't do more than one thing at a time. And hitting the drums hard isn't a good thing...in fact, it's bad for the set. The only reason they are so good is because Jack is a great guitarist.

loserib
well SAtown punk atleast we agree on something meg white is horrible as a drummer you know its sad when people judge musicains on how cool they look and not their musical talent or live show

alic88
may b. still like her mysterious looks lol

SAtown_punk
lol. That's a good point, loserib.

loserib
thanks man

incuhead1024
i think the white stripes are cool as hell. when i first heard them i thought they were great and had no idea the drummer was a girl

SAtown_punk
same here. The first song I heard was "Fell in love with a girl". That's still a great song.

Placebo_fan
okay, but I don't think she looks cool. my god, she's anything but cool, but she looks relaxed while she's live on stage, that's what I meant. And, anyway, she's not bad on ALL the white stripes' songs...what about Black Math? Hotel Yorba?

zyntox
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOV THE WHITE STRIPES !!!!!

SAtown_punk
No, she's horrible on them all. But that doesn't matter. And I guess she looks relaxed, but that's only because she doesn't know how to play.

loserib
she looks relaxed becuese she noy doing nothing

SAtown_punk
nicely said, loserib.

SAtown_punk
hello?

Darth Revan
I like the White Stripes. I really like blues (like old fashioned blues not that "rythmn and blues" crap they have nowadays) and Jack White has a good sound...

Darth Revan
Unless you're a drummer, you wouldn't know... I'm not, so I'm not going to comment on the topic.

Darth Revan
Sorry for the triple post but I just thought of something relating to Meg White "being able to hit them hard".. It's sorta like string players (bowed stringed instruments like the violin that is) say-- "Anybody can play loud, but it takes a musician to play soft."

SAtown_punk
beautiful quote, darth.

Darth Revan
Why thank you

Placebo_fan
I'm not a drummer yet, but I'm learning! Meg white is good, because it's easier to learn her stuff first. Seven nation Army is easy! It's Black math and stuff like that which is harder for me.

Placebo_fan
Sorry about saying she's able to hit them hard, but that's just what i thought, and i thought that was a good thing! So, sorry. Anyway, I thought this was a thread for people who LIKE the white stripes!

alic88
nah every1 is entitled 2 their own opinion. but 2 sum up this thread every 1 likes jack white

loserib
nope wrong i cant stand him

alic88
i m talkin bout the guy

loserib
so am i i think his guitar skills are mediocore he gets credit like he gots some talent bu then you hear him play and are like whoa i mean he might not be that bad if they didint act like he was the best in the world his riffs are easy to play and his solos are weak my guitarist can play ****ing circles around the guy and he is only 17

Darth Revan
The fact that her stuff is easy to play says nothing. In fact, if anything, it means she needs work. Like I could play the stuff I was learning in elementary school really easily but that wouldn't make me good

amlap
i enjoy these guys alot, i really like their song that is based off of citizen kane...the song is Union Forever!

alic88
seven nation army is a very unique song

SAtown_punk
All their songs are unique, and their a great band. But Meg is horrible. And I think Jack is a godd guitarist. Oh well, who cares if they suck? Kurt Cobain couldn't play guitar and Nirvana is awesome. Billie Joe Armstrong couldn't play guitar, and Green Day is awesome.

Darth Revan
^ I agree ^

alic88
ya u cant have the whole package can ya

SAtown_punk
I think they need a bassist, though. And maybe a new drummer. Then they would be F*N awesome.

Sigillum_Diaboli
they do need a bassist ... or something ... but they do sound good for only having 2 people in it big grin

Chelsea23
I really don't care for the White Stripes, but its cool that you all do

Sigillum_Diaboli
i only like one song ... "fell in love with a girl"

SAtown_punk
That's the song that got me into them. But "Elephant" doesn't have 1 bad song on it.

alic88
I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT2DO WITH MYSELF is an awesome song 2

SAtown_punk
yeah, it is. But like I said, "Elephant" doesn't have one bad song on it!

VilleValo462
i should get it no expression

SAtown_punk
You really should. Did you know it's the only CD since "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" to receive a 5-star rating from Rolling Stone magazine?

alic88
pretty impresive

SAtown_punk
yes, it is. And I think they deserved it.

VilleValo462
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.