Matrix Deserter's Songs (synchronicity)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
Synchronicity is "The match formed by synchronizing a movie with an unrelated music album, to produce a new experience unintended by either work."

(in order to do this sync you need 'The Matrix' and 'Deserter's Songs' by Mercury Rev (1998). Mute the film and turn the music up)

Matrix Deserter's Songs
Start the album just before the 'Warner Bros' logo at the start of the film.

Play Tracks- 1-5, 8, 6, 7, 9-11.
(end of sync)

husky321
that is not the definition of synchronicity

mook
true,
the exact definition would be, (From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary):

1 : the quality or fact of being synchronous
2 : the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality.

however for purposes of explaining what my post is about i thought that would explain it clearly+simply, especially compared to dictionary definitions or bringing Carl Jung into it!

("psychologist Carl Jung's concept of synchronicity: of a resonance formed between two events unrelated in time and space. This non-local, non-linear connection defies rational explanation."wink

mailedbypostman
Wait let me get my album.

audioheem
If it was synchronised you wouldn't have to skip tracks.

mook
sure,
it would be perfect if you could do a straight play but with this one you have to program your stereo to play three of the tracks in a different order. (but only three)
this is basically to get the songs to match the pictures on screen.

Tracks 1-5 work well as do tracks 9-11.
however playing tracks 6,7,8 in order doesnt work but if you swap them around and play 8,6,7 they do.

for example if you program your stereo to play the tracks in this order:

1-5, 8, 6, 7, 9-11.

then 'Goddess on a hiway' is heard when, on screen trinity is in that car picking up neo.
(and if you know the song you can see how that would work with that scene. "shes a goddess on a highway, a goddess in a car" etc)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.