Poor Matrik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElvesRule24/7
Now I like the Matrik movies. But I was wondering if anyone felt the same way I do. Now I loved the first one, it had a great story with a good amount of action. Awesome movie. But in the second one, they tried to make it bigger and better. But only made it worse and just crappy. The third was good, but not even close to what the first one was. I'm upset that the Matrix sold out. I hope they dont make anymore.

mook
the first one is the best stand alone movie from the trilogys. this is often true of trilogy - also 2+3 are one big film so not as good on there own.

obviously your opinion is as valid as anyones but i enjoyed 2+3 especially now we can view them as part of one big whole.

what do you mean by 'selling out'? im pretty sure the matrix was always intended to be a trilogy

i doubt they will make anymore feature films. but it is likely to continue with 'the matrix online' game, and maybe comics/animations etc.

ElvesRule24/7
When I say "selling out" it seemed to me that all they wanted to foucus on was just action, trying to make everything bigger and better. The first Matrix was awesome because it had enough action with a great story. The reason why the second one was so bad becuase the fight sceans would last way to long, all the action was over done and to long.

Captain REX
I enjoyed M1 and M3 overall. I didn't have a problem with the sequels.

JediHDM
it was necessary for the developement of the plot...

Captain REX
Indeed.

mailedbypostman
Yeah. At least they made a second movie.

Captain REX
Otherwise we wouldn't have a third!

clavis9495
well maybe you just didnt understand the second movie and the third maybe you should see it again...

mailedbypostman
Agreed.

ElvesRule24/7
Nope I understood it, and it sucked. lol.

Captain REX
He's entitled to his own opinion. A lot of people might agree with him!

Or not...

ch0g0nda
I'm pretty sure he doesn't get it. For someone who truly get's it to say it sucked was either sat in a room and taught the story. Or he, as we suspect, didn't get it.

Anyway why post this? You trying to find other people who crawl around the matrix section who think it sucks?

Make way for intelligent discussion please.

mailedbypostman
That's great elves. now you can go back to the LOTR forum, which you obviusly just came from.

audioheem
Reloaded was my favourite by far. I really can't understand why people don't like it, I've seen it 26 times and still love it.

mook
the first matrix is all action from start to end.
then they had to top the scenes from M1 so did the freeway+100smiths but also had to introduce lots of different characters and concepts which means its not as pure so some might not like it as much.

Ushgarak
I have an increasingly sneaking regard for Reloaded, actually. I think of all the Matrix films it is the one best designed for long-term appreciation.

First one still the best for me though.

realworlddreams
yeah, i think that elves belong in middle earth, but we like the matrix better, see yourself out of that nice pure white door and follow the long white corridor, oh wait, u dont undestand what im even talkin about do u? sry, find a cave and crawl into it. thx, later
BTW, reloaded is my favorite as well, its the most philosophical of them all. so many things to think about from it.

mailedbypostman
Elvesrule24/7+ matrix forum=incompatible system error
_Virus created_08Smith79
_96Seraph15_infected
_48Oracle11_infected
_Humans6,000,000,000_infected
_71Thompson90_infected
_08Smith79_ deleted by _323243Anomoly99798_

ElvesRule24/7
lmao!!! wow i've never seen so many virgins get so angry. You people dont get out much do you. You've see it 26 times!!!! lol!!!!!!!! Man you need a girlfriend!!!! Yes I understood it, and many people, lots of people, thought the second one sucked. Your just to in love with the movie you cant admit it. But that's just my thought. Peace out virgins. P.S LOTR is 100 million times better than the last 2 Matrix movies will ever be.

JediHDM
watch it, everyone...no need to flame each other...Elvesrule didn't like it, that doesn't mean he didn't understand it...to each his own...and just because we like the Matrix does not mean that we are virgins, Elvesrule, so watch it...

The Omega
ElvesRule24/7 > "LOTR is 100 million times better than the last 2 Matrix movies will ever be." So you have seen it HOW many times????

First warning. I will NOT tolerate that kind of idiotic flaming, just because people do not agree with you. What do you expect of fans? So why do you go to the Matrix forum and annoy people here? Who has too much time on their hands?

mook
play nicely children

mailedbypostman
Yeah,yeah. Grabs baseball bat and starts playing baseball with elvesrule24/7.

mailedbypostman
Whats a virgin anyway? blink blink

mailedbypostman
And we've all been very spaing of you elves, but the time has come to face the truth,You're a newb yourself. You claim to love LOTR so much but being a junior member means you just registered and aren't even a common visitor of the LOTR forum. Maybe you don't understand that when you make a comment like your second one, you're bound to get squashed by angry fans. P.S.:If you don't like the matrix, you don't need to call us virgins.
P.s.s.:Whats a virgin?

Y-chromo kid
YAWN

Ahnold
I agree; the argument "Eugh, you only disliked it cos you didn't understand it!" is not always correct. C'mon: give us nay sayers SOME intellectual credit...

clavis9495
WATCH IT KID!!! GROOOOAAARRRRR mad ur in the wrong forum so dont act all weird coz Im only two inches away from the freakin report button!!!!!

jimmy986
i think reloaded and revolutions would have seemed a lot better to those who are saying they sucked if they had been one movie. i know alot of the reason people think the third one was bad was b/c so many characters seemd to haver very little to do with it. had they been one movie persphone would have seemed to have a bigger part even tho it would have happened the same way.it would have been the same for morpheous too. everyone took a backseat a little and shared the main character role a little more than in the previous two. even trinity and neo had little screen time until the last 30 or 45 min. i think when it is looked at by those who want to see the good we look at it as the two movies combined and it seems more like the story of trinity morpheous and neo with the other characters playing small roles. i was just sad to see it end. i really began to feel for the characters and way it ended really affected me but it was the only way it could have ended without being a huge cliche with the matrix ebnding and all the machines being killed.those are just thoughts coming from a fan who saw the matrix after the hype of the first one dies down and i simply liked it for what it was not b/c other people liked it.

realworlddreams
mabye that'll be the special edition, 4 hrs straight

ElvesRule24/7
Eh I wanted to voice my own thought about the movie. You people started saying rude things about me. Hey, i'm going to defend myself. I understand that you guys love the Matrix, and that's cool. but I just wanted to share my view on it. But if people start saying things about me, i'm gonna fight back. And someone wrote about me being a junior member, well sorry buddy if I dony come in here 24/7, I have a job, girlfriend, and friends that I go out with. I have a life outside of this website. lol peace out.

ajayz
Hmmm.. tell us more about this MatriK trilogy? Is it only out in Kanada? big grin stick out tongue

JKozzy
What the f**k?

mailedbypostman
*hides grin*

Verity
I love them all, AND I understood them! big grin

Lag
Even though I loved all of the movies I agree with Elves, you guys attacked first so he fought back. Don't be so touchy about these movies, although they should be held to greatness. Even though he didn't like the movies he said it in a most polite manner and was attacked for it....is that the message we want to send....huuuhhh I sound like my mom.

Obba
I think the Matrix followed a good in the beginning. Then it just turned into "deep thinking" then action. It just started to get so made up, almost as if the person was making the movie up as I was watching it. Like the director said " ok now I want fighting....".

ElvesRule24/7
Thank you Obba, that is my thought 2. But the matrix is still cool.

The Omega

ElvesRule24/7
Hey, when I said, " Nope I understood, it sucked" people had already started to bad-mouth me, so I was going to say something back. And how come you can say things about me, but I cant say anything about anyone else they tries to offend me?? I've had ppl say there going to hit me with a baseball bat??? Come on ppl, i'm just stating my thought about the movie, if you guys think it's the best movie series going, than that's great. Cause ya know sumtin, they r good movies. But my own thought was that, it just seemed that they strayed away from good storytelling and just went for all out action. And if people want to call me stupid and wishing they can beat me up, then i'm going to call them names and offend them as well, cause it's my opinion.

realworlddreams
ok, so ur opinion is urs...however, was it really worth it to make all that fuss about something that u simply shrug off now? u say that they're good movies, well, why didnt u say that to begin with? however, on the point that they went for all action, that was torn becasue of reload/revs being split, otherwise u wouldhave seen, the 1st 1/2 was plot builder n rising action, n the 2nd 1/2 was climax/resolution. i guess its understandable to see it that way after seein revs, cuz that zion fight seemed to me almost as boring as the zion rave after a while, it got tedious, and i can level w/u on that... nevertheless, the movies still rock, and i wont back down from that, nor will many others, as u have learned.

ElvesRule24/7
ok cool, that's your opinion and I respect that.

The Omega

mailedbypostman
I think i get it now....................

ElvesRule24/7
Hey I said my " thoughts" when someone says, " you didn't get it" I take offence to that. It is my view and i'm sticking to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.