There should be a movie of the Silmarilian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maikahyandowen
wouldn't that be the coolest thing? Peter Jackson could do it and everything. it'd be sooo awsome, all those elves and balrogs etc. thoughts anyone?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bangin.gif

The_Inevitable
Shut up

Flame of Udun
That would be too epic.
The silmarillion was insane, it was very complex, i see it as the bible of middle earth

Bloom4ever
i havnt read it yet. What was it bout?
dont worry to answer myquestion im in the mood to talk mobile smile

Ariadne
I kind out doubt that anyone who hasn't read the book would go see the movie because they would be sad that the LotR cast wasn't there.

wizzee
The silmarillion would be way to complex for the big screen and it would only really interest the big jrr tolkien fans
it was hard enough to read the first time
i completly agre with FLAME OF UDUN on this one it is the bible of middle earth

Smodden
christopher and the fam would never give the rights up, they wouldn't even let "war of the ring" video game use it.

VengeanceGOD
Oh god NO. The Silmarillion would have to be a 26 hour movie.

Flame of Udun
it would be quite cool to see morgoth though

MISSY_EC
No. I don't think so...It would be too much of the good thing!!
And it would be cool if the Hobbit came out, but. You know, I also think that's too much! I don't think PJ would like to cast himself over another project like the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

But it could be nice....

TrixStar
It would have to have the most sequals of any movie in history.

Issi

Maikahyandowen
true.

Member.
no way would the silmarrilion be put into movie form. it starts from iluvitar all the way to the end of Sauron. the Morgoth parts and the elves going to the city and stuff and other stuff that will make peeps bored. probably get confusing and not to mention the length.

fini
heyyyyyyyyy THEY SHOULDN'T touch the silmarrilion.........leave it be, since we have more than enough images from the movies our imaginations can do the rest.

yeah its it willllllllllllllllll be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long to put in a movie

and after the hobbit , peter jackson had better do NOmore of tolkien's work if he wants to have some sort of artistic integrity..........he'll become another George lucas......to make a Phenomenal series but none ever remembers more than that........
for any self respecting director that is a horrible fate........and Jackson looks like he has a ton of ideas in his head....let the man make more ( VARYING) stuff

mors823
What are the other Tolkien's books? I know of the Hobbit and LotK and Silmarilian, but are there any others?

fini
yesssssss the history of middle earth ( 12 books), tales of tom bobadill, and a whole bunch of othes

mors823
He must of had a lot of time on his hands to create a mythical history of a place that doesn't exist.

lkotbr33
the silmarilliuon is too confusing for a movie, i liked it though

fini
uhhhhhh mors823 Tolkien HAD AN ENTIRE lifetime, when he died he was still working on some stuff..........he took 14 yrs to compile LOTR, given that it was the "sequel" to the children's book The hobbit.

Member.
and his son had to complete a few books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.