anakin's bait

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
what is anakin using padme as bait for?
(see trailer)

peluffo
Maybe to catch the killer

ToMacco
How do you know it's Padme?

Why not his mother?

peluffo
Is Padme, cause the Scene happens in Coruscant, and Ani's mother is in tattoooooooo at this timesmokin'

ToMacco
Do you know that, though? I think not.stick out tongue

peluffo
Im just Guessing, based on the continuity of the trailers...

ToMacco
If Anakin loved Padme, I doubt that he would use her as bait.

peluffo
Well, for whom is the love of anakin stronger? for Padme, who was a royal and far figure for him, or for his mother, who he abbandoned years ago as a slave in a far, inhospitous planet????

Maybe he uses as bait his Anakin TPM action Figure!!!!!!

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Anyway, how do we even know that Obi-wan is talking to Anakin? Maybe he's talking to Padme, refering to her double (in EP I)

peluffo
GOOOD POINT!!!!!

Just...
Even when the audio track may be edited to confuse us, the mouth movements on OB1 indicates that he is saying that line in this shoot... and anakin is in front of him. (back to the camera)

ToMacco
Oh, I missed that.

I just find it hard to beleive that Obi-wan would allow Anakin to make any big decisions on his own.

We know Qui-gon didn't allow Obi-wan much say in Ep I. And that one scene in the trailer when Anakin says "We will find out who is trying to kill you Padme"; Obi-wan gives Anakin that really dirty look.

peluffo
EXACTLY!!!

Maybe those is to show a distance between OB1 and Annakin!
I think that in 2 trailers, is evident that the spirit of Annakin is hard to keep on line (The tone of ob1 "uses she as a BAIT??!?", the incidents during the chase - a shortcut taken by Ani, and the power couplings stuff-, the look that you say, even the sarcasm at the end)

For me, two things could be hapening:
- We are wrong comparing OB1 as padawan with Ani as padawan, because they where in different levels (ob1 in TPM and Ani in AOTC) and Ani is almost a "free" jedi Knight (and can decide a lot of things by himself
*The movie will show us a profile on Anakin (arrogant and hard to disciplinate), stepping on a path that we know where it ends (vader rings a bell?).

ToMacco
Yeah, man, you're right.

Anakin has clearly been shown as a padawan that is impossible to control.

He falls in love with Padme, which is against the Jedi code.

He clearly doesnt follow Obi-wan's orders (or suggestions) "Anakin, how many times do I have to tell you?"

I remember Yoda in ESB to Luke "You are reckeless".

"Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things!" Anakin DOES want these things, we saw it in TPM.

darthyogi
Amidala claims she is being hunted and insists Anakin protect her as a personal bodyguard. Initially, Obi and the Jedi suspect the whole caper is a rouse so the two can spend time together. (?)

This opens up the whole issue of Anakin being denied 'love' as a Jedi and on and on... and of course it turns out the threat is real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.