Review : Bad Santa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
I liked Bad Santa. I thought Billy Bob Thorton was great. He plays the ultimate low life. He drinks, he stinks, he pisses himself, all while being Santa Claus, and that is really funny stuff. You see, he is a thief. He stakes out the department stores, with his midget sidekick, while playing Santa and an elf for the little kids to sit on his lap and do tell what they want for Christmas. So, anyway, Billy Bob is amazing. He is really disgusting and disturbing in this film. He suffers from alcoholism and a sick fetish for um . . . well . .. I can't say it here. In fact, I'm wondering why there hasn't been a Bad Santa thread yet? Am I hallucinating? confused So then Billy Bob Meets this boy who is chubby and gets picked on and basically moves into the little boy's house with the grandma who is delerious and has no idea that Billy is a stranger from off the street. The little boy's dad is in prison, and the mom died I think, so Billy Bob moves in and even drives around in the dad's car. Scoundrel. Then, John Ritter and Sedrick The Entertainer, department store heads, figure out Billy Bob's scam leading to a climactic moment that will leave you . ... . . a bit depressed, actually. This wasn't the happiest of movies and is definatley not a date flick. I liked it though. smile

ragesRemorse
im with you Th. I thought thorton was a great ANTI-clause. Bob's performance,and crude jokes alone is worth seeing the movie, because thats pretty much all that there is. I was all for it though.

burlyman
does anyone know when this comes out in UK?....you guys got it in october sad
it totally sucks.... US got Finding Nemo, Spun.. something like half a year before us, it was already out on DVD there

Tired Hiker
I don't know Burls, sorry.

burlyman
sad cause me and my m8s wanna see it over crimbo hols... now we might just hvae to wait til summer roll eyes (sarcastic)

VallejoKid707
by the way TH its was bernie mac not cedric the entertainer. the movie was great. the little kid is hella funny. it was hilarious when he cut his hand he was like, "ow! ow! ow!" then he put achohal on it!

SweetNsouR
Funniest movie i have seen in a long time big grin

Punker69
Its Bernie Mac not Cedric the Entertainer.

Tex
I loved Bad Santa!
That little fat kid and Billy Bob have great chemistry!

Its a shame that Bernie didn't have more parts! sad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just saw 'Bad Santa' with my b*tch. She thought it was weird and kept asking why Billy Bob was so sick...I thought it was OK. Funny in places, but not the happiest holiday movie you'll ever see...ho ho.

Solo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Funny in places, but not the happiest holiday movie you'll ever see...ho ho.

Completely agree. Thought the ending couldn't have been more perfect though.

Dagons Blade
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bernie Mac pass away recently? I thought I had heard something to that effect. Other than that, Bad Santa was raw and rude and it was the perfect cure for the Holiday Blues. I LMAO at that one.

The hot tub part- "**** me Santa, **** me Santa, **** me Santa" I couldn't stop laughing!

Solo
Originally posted by Dagons Blade
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bernie Mac pass away recently?

Still alive.

Wolfie
Bad Santa is great. Every time Billy Bob Thornton swears at a kid, I can't help but laugh.

"Look, it's Santa!"
"I'm on my f*ckin' lunch break!"
"Are you insane? Your boss is going to hear about this!"
"Oh yeah? You think you can make my life any f*cking worse? Go right ahead, be my f*cking guest!" laughing out loud

And when John Ritter was trying to fire them.
"You people? Who the hell is us people?" laughing out loud

BLAKETHEAWESOME
I LIKED THAT MOVIE TOO BUT I LIKE THE BADER SANTA BETTER THEY TAKE TOO MANY GOOD PARTS OUT OF THE ORIGINAL=(

BLAKETHEAWESOME
"UR SLOW AS F**KIN LICE FALLIN OFF U AND THEN ALL THE SUDDEN UR F**KIN SEABISCUT!!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.