X-3 Theories and Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
It's pretty apparent to any x-men fan that at the end of X-2 Jean was supposed to have "died" but we know from the comics that Jean will rise as the Phoenix. Of course i would like people to share their views about his and about a couple of other things. Who do you think THE bad guy will be in X-3? Will any current students grow up and become X-men? If yes, which ones? If there is one main bad guy, who would you like to see as his co-horts?

Linkalicious
I hope that Colossus becomes an X-man. He looks the most adult out of all the students and he's bad ass when he goes all metallic. I would like to see Iceman become an X-man, but only if he learns to freeze himself over like in the comic books. I'm not sure who the baddie will be at all, but i'd like to see the Juggernaut get involved in the movie series one day (probably as a co-hort). i also would like to see how Pyro ends up since he left with Magneto.

Hypester
Young X-Men team (small mission) led by Storm with Colossus, Iceman, Rogue and Nightcrawler. This could play on Storm and NC's friendship, Rogue and Iceman's relationship and Colossus would be a really cool character to have around (he seems real relaxed and almost comforting).

Strike force of Wolverine and Cyclops... have a buddy cop feel and they are both crucial to Jean and thusly should have a large influence on the storyline with Phoenix.

Baddies: Dark Phoenix definitely, or perhaps a Phoenix wavering between Jean Grey and Darkness... the sidequest for the kids is of course dealing with Sentinels. A very corporate America-type Hellfire Club cult/whatever could be great.

Of course we MUST have an all-out knock-down drag-out fight with the Brotherhood of Magneto, Mystique, Toad, Sabertooth and Pryo... Storm vs Mystique in hand to hand (didn't know she could, didja??) Toad vs NC in super great mid-air battle! Pryo vs Iceman in the grudge match of all time, Sabertooth embarassing the stronger Colossus and Rogue verbally (at first) takes on Magneto, who is holding captive a traitor to his cause, Carol Danvers... the lady TELLS rogue take her powers and she and Magneto have a massive air flight.

So on one hand you have Cyclops and Jean trying to talk down Phoenix while Magneto, Xavier and Sebastian Shaw have all influenced her thinking... and on the other hand you have the Brotherhood in their antarctic holy-land dealing with the young X-Men...

Linkalicious
is this your thoughts or did you read that somewhere because it sounds like it would work really well for an X-3. Too bad Colossus is the odd man out, and if Wolvie was in the neighborhood, i would think that he would want yet another crack at Sabretooth. And I can't wait to see what they will make the sentinals look like.

Hypester
just my ideas.... thanks though...

maybe Phoenix could send Wolvie down there... and perhaps the Brotherhood could recruit Blob as well... get a sumo wrestler and have him face off against Colossus...

Also the new brotherhood would have to do something real great early on to establish them as a threat... like empty out a city or take over an army base or something... their plan should be somehow different... maybe they kidnap a bunch of world leaders' kids in order to:

A) Re-educate them to accept mutant superiority (I can see Rogue's face as she looks around a state of the art classroom and realizes this isn't going to be a traditional rescue)
B) Ensure they will be able to safely create the country of Genosha without interference (it's just getting started up in antarctica)
C) Mock Xavier's dream of Peace by taking it forcibly... (this is Magneto's movie, don't be fooled...)

And who knows... maybe Wolverine: The Movie will have Sentinels and Omega Red and Juggernaut and stuff...

buffymitch
At the end of X2 it looked like the x-kids were all wearing uniforms. Rogue and Iceman. SO I think they ae now official X-men members. NOw that i think about the Juggernaut story looks like a good enough story for a movie. I think brian singer has already put in his head that he will make Collossus a x-men member because of the only line he has in X2. Something like i can help. He says that to wolverine. Someone who says that is destined to do more that escape. don't you think

Hypester
true... but... what's the juggernaut story?

Kes
Instead of guessing...

Tv Guide talked to X-Men movies director Bryan Singer about the new DVD and also X-Men 3. Here's a few snippets...

TVGO: What's your favorite line in the film?
Singer: I love when Ian McKellen says to Patrick Stewart, "You should have killed me when you had the chance." Because if had just done that, none of the problems in X-Men 1, X2 or maybe even X3 would've happened.

TVGO: So give me a little something more about X-Men 3.
Singer: I just did. You're not hearing it. "You should have killed me when I had the chance."

TVGO: Magneto comes back again?
Singer: (Coyly) I don't know about that....

TVGO: Are there certain characters you just couldn't make the movie without?
Singer: Yes. Not all the characters, but there are a few that I wouldn't want to make it without.

TVGO: Hugh Jackman, obviously?
Singer: Yeah.

Just a bit from the interview. Must have the mag or be registered in TVguide's site for the rest.

Kes
Variety has published an excellent interview with producer Lauren Shuler Donner about the X-Men franchise...

For the third installment, she wants to include a loquacious, blue-furred scientist called the Beast and a sequence in the "X-Men's" training center, the Danger Room.

Again just a bit...

ab012f9448
The danger room is something i am dying to see. It was supposed to be in X2 and i was sooo disapointed when i found out it got cut.

Kes
Nosad

ComingSoon.net spoke with "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" star Ian McKellen about possibly reprising his Magneto role once again in X-Men 3...

"Ask me this time tomorrow when I would've spent the day with Bryan Singer and one of the writers who is coming to the premiere. I'm told by both of them that they hope there's going to be a third movie, they both hope to be involved and they both hope that Magneto would be a part, but they don't quite get around to saying I'll be playing Magneto. It could be the young Magneto they could be writing. Who knows. I think Lauren Shuler Donner has announced that there is going to be an X-Men 3 and there's going to be a spinoff, a Wolverine spinoff, and that Hugh Jackman is contracted to do both."

Let's hope Mr. Erik Magnus Lehnsherr will be back for the third film.

Kes
He has to come back!

Kes
12.05) Bryan Singer Officially In Negotiations for X3! - Variety announces that X1/ X2 Director, Bryan Singer signed an exclusive two-year deal with 20th Century Fox to direct and produce upcoming projects in filme, television and other outlets of media. His production company, Bat Hat Harry will find new workspace in the Fox's lot in Hollywood, CA, where Bryan will get his own office.

While X3 hasn't officially had any major production-type meetings, the director is officially in talks to direct once more, and the film is on Fox's 'to-do' list. Singer has already completed a rough treatment of the film, outlining the themes that will set the plot of X3. Now, it's up to Singer and his screenwriters to churn out a screenplay/ script!

(11.27) James Marsden Talks X3; Cyclops - First off, Happy Turkey Day! Now, onto an interesting quote from X2's James Marsden. He spoke to DIRECT TV GUIDE about his possible future in the X-Men films. He also confirms that he is not yet signed for an X3:

"Hopefully with the loss of Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) in the second film and her potential return as a different character (the evil Dark Phoenix), we might be able to delve into the emotional side of Cyclops a bit more. I'm not signed yet for X3. I've recieved word that they're interested in having me in X3, and I'd be very happy to be a part of it."

(11.25) X3's Target Release Month; Year - A short, bit for today, comes from our insider. While major meetings have yet to really pick up on the third X-Men film, 20th Century Fox is currently eyeing these months for 2006: May, June, December...though this is only tentative.

While May is the most safe spot for the studio, they also are considering a possible change, as they might have to deal with these possible films (based only on speculation): the SUPERMAN film (if it gets off ground), and their own upcoming DAREDEVIL sequel, which will be the third film in the DD universe (ELEKTRA being the second). That could very well end up with a 2006 Summer release. And then, there's always SPIDER-MAN 3, which might get rushed out for that Summer also! Tis a crowded year, indeed!

X3 may very well end up being the final film in this specific story-line, as there are no plans for shooting X3/ X4 back-to-back (something the fans have been begging for). The WOLVERINE spin-off film will likely become our X4, with the future of the X-MEN films...or a different mutant ensemble spin-off uncertain. For X3, My money's on May. If it aint broke...

Kes
Ok last bunch of news...

11.10) Jackman and Donner Talk X3! - The X2 cast and crew seem eager to return for another helping of mutant life, as they've made comments on the future X3. Today, X1/X2 Producer, Lauren Shuler Donner and Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman, give X3 mentions:

Chicago Sun-Times interviewed Donner about her upcoming flick she's producing, CONSTANTINE, and she gave her opinions on the possible X3, saying "Oh, there will definitely be X3. We're looking for a great story. We're lucky with this series because there is 40 years of great stories in comics. I hope Halle comes back. We just have to give her something great to do." As for a release date, she says, "That same nice May date in 2005 sounds good to me."
Superhero Hype's scooper, gave this quote from Hugh Jackman, when he appeared on GMTV this morning:

"Well, it'll be a few years off, but I am ties to the character of Wolverine and really do want to know how his story progresses. I ow a lot to Wolverine, and I love working with Bryan Singer and Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan and the guys, so I'd be silly to throw it all away, so yes...when they're ready, I'm there."

Jason Horan
Nice Kes you have defiantly done your homework! big grin

Paola
Bravo Kes!!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif

Kes
Thanks. It had been a while since I've surfed the X men sites for news.

Vampiree
whoooho!!!! then, we gotta change the countdown, eh?

Kes
It's just rumors.

Kes
And possibilities, nothing definite.

BarmyBrummie
So how many days is it gonna be now?

Vampiree
yeah... sad oh well... everything's rumors until it is done and you can see the results... big grin

Vampiree
MY LORD MAGNETO HAS TO COME BACK!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.