Neo not seen by link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

icansee
I have a little question which I need closure on. When Morpheus,Trinity and Neo were coming back from the Mobile Ave, they were traveling by car and Morpheus was on the phone to Link.

Now Link was saying to Morpheus that he could not see Neo on his screen. I recall Morpheus asking Link can you not see us and he said something to the fact that he could not see Neo.

I have only seen Revolutions twice so please forgive if I have missed something here but was I the only one that noticed this? And does anyone understand why?

realworlddreams
as far as i could tell, neo wasnt plugged into the matrix at that point. He was still in his "coma" like when he was at the train station. in reference to the fact that he was unplugged, i think they put a plug in him while he was at the oracle so that he could come out of the coma, which probably in writing doesnt make sense, but if you think about it, the way he was stuck, he had to be like, rebooted to get out.

realworlddreams
o, n link couldnt see him cuz he wasnt plugged in until later in the scene.

icansee
Yes but when he was laying in the lab the lady with the short hair said that he was as if he was still plugged in, so if she could see him why could not Link?

ch0g0nda
She never said he was still plugged in. She said his brian-waves matched those of a person jacked into the matrix.

Anyway we know neo was able to get into the matrix without pluggin in like the rest of the cast. Which is also probably the reason why Link couldn't see Neo. If you think about how online gaming works (packets being sent to a server telling it how to move your character) then it makes sense that Link wouldn't be able to track Neo. Seeing as how there was no hardline running from neo's neck to the broadcast dish on the Hammer. It's like he was entirely in the matrix. He wasn't being projected in, his mind was there. He bridged the gap between real life and the matrix. Something not thought possible by anyone... So how would they know how to find neo if he wasn't jacked by conventional methods?

sorry if I rambled. Just didn't really think out my post too well.

The Omega

mook

Cowboyography
just another hole the W bros forgot to fill, just like the ones in their HEAD!!

The Omega

The Unknown
The Oracle said that he wasn't ready to use his powers outside of the Matrix, so maybe when he did use them and got telepathically jacked in, it altered his mind, therefore his altering his code.

The Omega
Unknown> Wasn't telepathy. Simple wireless through the Source connection.
And an altered code would STILL be "a code". Just like Link said "then the code got all weird", after Neo had confronted Smith in his virus form.

From the movie it sounded as if Link saw NOTHING sitting in the car where Neo was supposed to be. That's the puzzle.

realworlddreams
have u ever unplugged ur mouse or keyboard, then turned on the computer and plugged it back in? the pc doesnt recognize it right away usually. its the same way w/neo. they plugged him in so that they could "turn him off" so that the next time he would be seen by the operators and like, properly switch off. sry for all the analogies, but i think its a workable answer.

The Omega

sum1butno1
Link saw something, but he couldn't tell that it was Neo. So Neo's code was probably just radically altered when he collapsed. However, his physical appearance was still the same. Why is it that they could recognize Smith when his code is altered but they couldn't recognize Neo?

Also, I'm still confused about the wireless connection via the source. If the machines built wireless transmitters and whatnot into the humans they grew, why would they stick with the plug in the head?

kalantiaw
i dont think they were actually "aware" of this ability... remember neo saying "something's different... i can feel them"... then he proceeded to stop them just by thinking it... plus the oracle said that the powers of the one extends to its source (neo)... and the oracle said too that he wasn't ready for that power and he should be dead...

clavis9495
well guys! IM BA-ACK SO COME ON WITH THE QUESTIONS!!!

The Unknown
Maybe Neo using his powers outside of the Matrix, which sent him to the trainstation instead of killing him, altered the anomaly code so much that it couldn't be read or seen in code. Like on your computer, if you download a file, sometimes you have to have a certain program on your computer, and unless you do, the file can't be read or opened (Not the best anology).

Verity
I think perhaps Neo was just an unrecognizable code for Link at that point, aside from the fact that he wasn't plugged in.

The Omega

realworlddreams
prollly an altered code jus like smith, when link say him he sed "wutever he is he's not reading like an agent" so it was prolly that neo changed too, and link didnt recognize him.

sum1butno1
But it was totally different with Smith. Morpheus pretty quickly identified Smith, but Link couldn't even see Neo(we'll say that for now, I guess). I think that Link should have been able to recognize the 'physical' appearance of Neo's RSI. Remember in M1 when Cypher said "All I see is blonde, brunette..." When we see Neo in the car, he looks like he always has.

But I still don't understand the nature of the connection between Neo's mind and the Source. Just psychic powers, or something? Or something like "he just friggin' is". I guess that would be good enough.

realworlddreams
i think he jus figgin is. i understand that wireless connectivity should be extremely prominent in the matrix movies, seein how it's getting to be more widely used now, however, it seems like only some things were ever wireless in the movies, and even those were more radio frequencies, (sentinels, radios) so having transmitters inside humans would seem weird, and if it was only "the one" who got it, then it would be easier to identify the one outside the matrix. as for his RSI, maybe the physical appearance didnt change, but something in his mind did, and that made it mess up the way the computer saw him...

The Omega

realworlddreams
um...something running in the backround (aka doing its job) is invisible, whereas something causing problems is noticable by the problems its causing...
i think thats one way of looking at it.

kalantiaw
so does everybody else appear as if a ghost, an alien or a werewolf..? the architect also stated that neo was the eventuality of an anomaly...

by dictionary.com...

anomaly

1. a deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
2. one that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or is difficult to classify

so within the matrix, neo should be visible one way or another... but this time, link was unable to... WHY???

Ice_Lightningo3
reading errr....i agree yes

JKozzy
Hey everyone, another Usual Suspect reporting to duty! I'm back from break! big grin
Interesting topic, never had given it much thought. Perhaps it's from the whole balancing act as described by the Oracle, about how the Architect needs to balance the equation out.... and thus Neo's code is somehow cancelled out by this balance? That's my more solid theory, but I also think it could be the Oracle doing something to Neo in order for him to go to her, since it's the "last time" he'll see her. "Programs hacking programs." What d'ya think, Omega?

LarryTheArch
The Train Station and the Matrix are two different "Systems" or whatever they are called. The Matrix is monitored by the humans, and Neo has his anomoly powers in the MATRIX. In the Train Station, thats a different "system" so the rebel's couldnt find him in the Matrix because he wasnt IN THE MATRX! That's also why the Trainman beat the shit outta Neo, because Neo's abilities were not avaible in the Train Station, because it wasnt the Matrix.

JKozzy
True...

The One Himself
Anyway after Neo's rescue from Mobil Ave, he still not seen by Link in the Matrix...(remember that limousine scene with Morpheus and Trin)

LarryTheArch
no

The Omega

kalantiaw
^ i was about to say the same thing... but why was trinity visible to link? she just got back to mobil ave too, right? it could be the fact that neo's full potential was then recognized. he could disable sentinels and detonate tow bombs just by thinking it and his wireless ability to jack in and out of the matrix-- well, we didn't really get to see the "out" part... maybe one of his newfound ability was to cloak himself (or auto-cloak when he jacks into the matrix) so that neither man or machine can see his code therefor compromising the machines ability to locate his exact--errr-- location, since he wouldn't actually need an operator due to his wireless ability.

The Alpha
Trinity was visible when they returned from Mobil Ave. And Morpheus too then asked link if he could see Neo or not.

Numo
Sum1butno1 is right, Link saw someone in the car but could not recognise it as Neo, suggesting that Neo's code was somehow different than before, no doubt because of the unconventional way Neo had connected to the matrix.

But infact Link could not recognise Smith either, it was Morpheus who identified him as Smith to which Link replied "well whoever it is he's not reading like an agent".

kalantiaw
we know morpheus was visible. there is no reason for him not to, he did NOT go to mobil ave. but trinity went there herslef to retrieve neo. the question is, if neo's code alteration was caused by the fact that he came form mobil ave., how come trinity was still reading the same to link?

kalantiaw
that is because smith was not an agent in reloaded. he's unplugged, a new man, so to speak, apparently free. there is no logic for him to be reading like an agent when he is not. morpheus probably recognized smith because he was still wearing the same shell... except for the dark suit. link hasn't seen smith prior to the burly brawl. he has no idea what smith looks like.

Numo
I'm going to try my best to answer this point but I just can't seem to wake up.

Personally I think Neo was without powers in both Mobil Ave and when Trinity brought him back into the matrix, which was why the Train Man floored him with just one punch and why he had to ride in the car with the rest of them.

I think that when Neo is connected to the matrix by "jacking in" the transfer of his consciousness or mind is a complete one, therefore he is the One, as he was in the Super Brawl.

However at the end of Reloaded he had done this without jacking in, thus causing only a partial connection or a weaker one to the matrix, thus causing him inturn to be weaker and thus easily defeatable.

whatshisface
after all that he has been through, flying would probably be the last thing in his mind. and when he was in the car, i belived he was already jacked in so they can jack him out old school style. and i think mobil ave is not part of the matrix. the trainman created it therefor in mobil ave he is god and neo is rendered powerless.

LarryTheArch
I dont get why if Morpheous could see that SMith was Smith in M2 and identified what was ahppening to Neo when they stuck their fist in him (and began 2 transform him)

why didnt the crew fo that one ship not bring back Malachi to the real world after seeing an Agent transform him?

sum1butno1
Pah! You think you're having problems! I've been trying to justify the wireless connection thingy for God knows how long.dontgetit
But I really liked what you were saying about his One code and the Matrix being combined and your explanation of his weakness in Mobil Ave. Kudos to you!!

And Larry, I don't think the crew knew what happened when Bane (assuming that's who you meant) was taken over. Remember, Smith was reading like a regular person (or program, if they're different) and, the way I see it, people couldn't recognize Smith because he wasn't reading as an agent. Before Neo, no one knew that there was any difference between Smith or Jones or any other agent, they just saw agent code and ran like hell.

whatshisface
they crew probably didn't know what to make of it. they don't know what the neb crew knows, at that time at least. and morpheus doesn't know what smith what doing to neo in the burly brawl that's why he asked if he was indeed copying him (trust me on this one, i am currently watching the movie).

Numo
No I disagree.

If Neo was jacked in when they were riding in the car then Link would have known who he was and where he was.

Neo rode in the car for the same reason that he was beaten by the train man, he was weaker and without his powers. Infact when he was looking through the window of the car it was as though he were seeing the matrix the way he used to, before he became the One.

But yes Mobil Ave was created by the train man and as a result Neo even with all his powers would not have been beaten by teh train man but would have needed his help to get out of Mobil Ave.

But suppose you're right and Neo simply chose not to fly to the Oracle's place like he did at the beginning of Reloaded, then answer this question: Considering that while trapped in Mobil Ave he could (if the Merovingian wished it) spend the rest of eternity there, why then didn't he at least try to fly out of Mobil Ave instead of running on the tracks?

seraphimking
ok... it goes like this, imagine if you will a visual basic program, the program has several forms just as the matrix has several forms e.g. mobil avenue. each form has its own codes, most code sequences are global so that every other form,code and program running can see it

that is how the matrix works, when neo went to mobil avenue, he entered a private sub form to again use a vb term. this code sequence is cloaked from other code sequences except those it chooses to be seen by. neo had the ability to create his own set of rules for his private sub form and therefore link was not able to see him.

when trinity and morpheus left mobil avenue, they became uncloaked, as is the nature of the private sub form. but neo with his super user access had the ability to maintain his private sub form and prevent outside users from seeing him.

this should make some sense, if not... who cares i get it and i havent even seen the film!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.