Funny Star Wars thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VengeanceGOD
Ok, here's something that always amused me. In the original trilogy, Obi-wan says that the blast marks on the sand crawler couldn't be Tusken Raiders because "Only Imperial Stormtroppers could be that accurate." As we all know, for the rest of the movie it is proved conclusively that the Stormtroopers couldn't hit a Bantha at point blank range.

And then, in Episode 1...the Tuskens are picking off Pod Racers going 600 mph. hmm...

yerssot
it's a big pod wink

VengeanceGOD
But yet Obi-wan thinks they couldn't hit a SANDCRAWLER. smile

yerssot
well, stormtroopers should be looking and acting menacing, but if they could actually hit, Luke and hte others could never have survived the trilogy

VengeanceGOD
True. And that would suck. I just found the whole thing amusing.

yerssot
it fairly is
the same with the emperors "legion of his best troops" which get killed by ewoks

VengeanceGOD
But the ewoks are a crack fighting force!

I'm kidding. Really. Put that blaster down...

Peloquin
hahaha reminds me of a sceen in spaceballs. I could just picture the Emperor looking down from the death star... "wtf Ewok's!! who the hell is in charge down there".

Vader replies "An @sshole my master"

"I know he's an @sshole but what's his name?" askes Sidious.

"that is his name sir, Commander 1st class Phillip @sshole, he's in charge of our troops down there" states Vader.

"what?.. who put that man in charge?" askes Sidious

"His cousin, general A. @sshole"

Sidious: "well no wonder we're getting our ass kicked by a bunch of teddy bears, I'm surrounded by @ssholes"

smile

Darth Jello
ok, my two cents, what obi-wan meant was that the blast points accuratly targeted mechanical weaknesses in the sandcrawler, not that they hit the target. as for the ewoks killing storm troopers. the troopers are clones and are therefore ependable. somewhere along the line, palpy decided to cut costs and gave them their crappier, cheaper, and weaker modern uniforms, their strenght is in numbers, not stamina

Peloquin
you're kinda the serious type aren't ya Mr, Jello smile

VengeanceGOD
Seems that way.

yerssot
they're clones from the best bounty hunter there was at the time, someone who can kill a beast (forgot the name, that green-red beast of AOTC, with horns) with one shot! surely they can hit a few walking teddybears than!

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, but they're dumbed down clones. Not only have they removed any chance of free will or independent thought, but by the time of the OT the source hasn't been around for 20 years. The clones would get understandably diluted by then.

Baylin
big grin Hmm another thing Tusken Raider guns shoot high velocity projectiles not blaster shots...

Dirty Vader
True. They dont shhot laser bolts. Oh and the stormtroopers, according to EU and which they surely did anyway was using a Laser Canon to destroy the sandcrawler, some thing big with a lot of fire power. They didnt use their little blastechs to destroy it. A few good shots of a Floating Fortress and everything turns into nothing.

Dirty Vader
True. They dont shhot laser bolts. Oh and the stormtroopers, according to EU and which they surely did anyway was using a Laser Canon to destroy the sandcrawler, some thing big with a lot of fire power. They didnt use their little blastechs to destroy it. A few good shots of a Floating Fortress and everything turns into nothing. So targeting is much easier, because it uses a computer.
Finaly the stormtroopers did well to kill all the rebel fleet troopers on the Tantive IV and the rebels at Hoth (blizzard force snowtroopers).

Darth Jello
the other thing with endor is that the scouts might be human infantry, not clones at all

Dirty Vader
Ignore my first post. If someone could delete it please. sorry.

Darth Revan
Yeah I noticed the Stormtrooper accuracy thing too. I was wondering a similar thing about the Scout Troopers in ep VI. The scene where Wicket W. Warrick (the Ewok) goes and jumps on the speeder bike and all the guards go and follow him, leaving the door unguarded. That was stupid on their part.

Oh and yerss the green-red thing with horns is called a reek.

mephistodesigns
technically, we don't know that all the stormtroopers are clones yet. 3 will answer if thats true or not. I just figure new armor equals new generation and some humans mixed. That one commander guy Vader talks to on the Tantive IV was in a stormtrooper suit later, so apparently some could be human.

VengeanceGOD
Actually, in an interview with one of the creators of Star Wars Galaxies, the guy said he'd checked with Lucasfilm to see if they'd allow someone to be a Stormtrooper and had been told the troopers were all clones.

Dirty Vader
Than everything is messed up. I hope the clones wont turn up to be stormtroopers.

VengeanceGOD
Why? It doesn't really change anything.

Darth Jello
how about this, slightly revised theory from somewhere else, i forgot where I posteed it. volunteers become scouts, then officers, then commanders. The clones become stormtroopers, snow troopers, sand troopers, and TIE pilots (never truely brilliant). The ARC's had the age acceleration engineered out of them and became the Royal Guard. How's that?

Dirty Vader
_How about this. The stormtrooper voices in the OT are different to one another.
_In ANH while Obi-Wan deactivates the tractor beam, two stormtroopers start talking about a landspeeder. Clones who talk about a landspeeder?
Sounds more like young human males who are exited about a new landspeeder which came out to me especialy if clones are very well diciplined.
_the officers in the black suits and a special insignia (three blue on three red) are stormtrooper officers in non combat situations.

_All the former imperial tie pilots who have defected to the alliance like Biggs Darklighter, Hobbie Klivian and others.

_In the EU, eveything will be messed up, because it is known that stormtroopers as well as TIE pilots and other imperials are normal men who are sent or who volunteer to train at the Imperial Training Academy of Carida. All imperial caracters in the EU, like Davin felth (stormtrooper), Captain Terrik (stormtrooper), the guys from the rogue squadron comics (TIE pilots) and the story in the Trawn trilogy that the spaarit cylinders were a last remnant of the clone war clones.

_The way the scout troopers talk to each other in ROTJ tells you that they're humans.
"Go for help go!"

"Go get your ride, take her back to base"
"Yessir"

The 4 scout troopers talk to each other at the back door of the bunker
like bore soldier friends.
"Hey, look over there, stop him!"

_All other infantry units are humans, like the imperial fleet troopers, other officers.

Dirty Vader
Plus the emperor hates having aliens and females in his servive. For him, male humans are perfection and only a selected few who are not male humans managed to serve.
Grand Admiral Thrawn, Isaan Isard, and Admiral Daala (who was hidden at the Maw Installation by Tarkin mind you).
So I dont think he would like clones in his service.

You cant mix clones and normal humans together in your ranks because it would cause discontent.

The clone wars end in Ep III. And if the clones were develloped ten years before AOTC then they would be about sixty years old in ANH. A bit to old for stormtroopers if you ask me and i dont think they would devellop anymore after that.

VengeanceGOD
With any luck, the stormtroopers won't turn out to be clones. But if they are, there's not a lot we can do...Lucas LOVES to contradict himself.

Darth Jello
it doesn't contradictanything outside the EU!!!! Clones do develop individual personalities, that's why the clones talk about a speeder and why theres a clone both in the comics and in the next movie who becomes very friendly with a particular person. That's the point, they are CLONES not droids, they are still human beings who are capable of developing personalities, tastes, and interests outside of their purpose

VengeanceGOD
According to the Kaminoans though, those personalities were basically removed.

Maikahyandowen
pretty much he meant that only Stormtroopers are so precise EXCEPT when they're shooting at the heros. heros are blast-proof.

Darth Jello
you can have a personality without a free will, and when it comes to the ARC's they have trouble taking orders from anyone but jango fett anyway

Julie
they only shoot poorly when aiming at heros

VengeanceGOD
Stormtrooper sees Leia:

"oooh...hotness. Well, I can't shoot her!"

Then there's the one or two stormtroopers who see HAN and think that...

mephistodesigns
Its the force protecting them! wacko

mephistodesigns
I still have a hard time with the whole Anakin "accidentaly" destroys a huge battle cruiser and Jar-Jar just happening to kick the battle droid stuck to his foot in such a way as to shoot all oncoming enemies. but hey, its star wars. and its fun. and I personally don't want any heroes to die. I got enough of that in Matrix. I don't want it to happen here. so go! go little crosseyed stormtroopers! roam free and proud!

Maikahyandowen
what Julie said. rebel troops are falling right and left when the Stormtroopers board their ship, but when 3PO and R2 walk past, they're untouchable! heros have a special sheildy thingy. except for when they must fight the bad guy and must die so as to make way for the younger hero guy so that HE can triumph over the evil guy! : takes a breath : ok. i'm done.

the skywalker
well, ive a few books, and i know that not all the storm troopers are clones. for one, they talk about the imperial acadamies. and in books and comics, they have people talking about relatives joing the empire and the like. yes, there are still clones left in the empire, but like some of you mentioned, they have been dumbed down a bit.

Jerico
Its a problem of logistics, there is no possible way that the stormtroopers could all be clones. (and if every volunteer became an officer, cmon, you'd have more than 1 officer to every bloody 'clone')

Im just going to repost my rant
"A huge problem i have with the prequal trilogies is this asstastic suggestion that all the stormtroopers are clone troopers, i can happily accept that the initial core of stormtroopers were clones, that a small percentage of the 'current' Imperal strength is made up of these clones. They made how many clones in AOTC? 10,000 every 10 years or so? x whatever they had in the rack, lets say thats 500,000 every 10 years, inbetween the films II and III is what, 20-25 years? 30-40? At most the Empire gets 2,000,000 troopers quite a lot hm?

Well not when you consider that not only are they engaged in an intergalactic war, they have to police all their planets with an Imperial garrison, when the Germans invaded the Soviet Union in 1941 they had around 2,000,000 soldiers, the Soviets had about 4,500,000 soldiers, considering that this is 2 countires constuting only a small small percentage of the population of the entire planet. The idea that the Empire is able to maintain order with 2 Mil, or even 10 Mil, in however many hundreds of planets (not to mention the thousands of sentient species) is ludicrous.

Furthermore you've then got the problem of the billions and billions of unused manpower on Imperial worlds an average planet should easily be able to produce a million fighting troops, yet the Empire would somehow only produce clones (expensive id imagine) and not only keep the massive populations of thousands of worlds under control but leave billions of potential soldiers and conscripts just sitting around with their thumbs up their arses is a ridiclous suggestion."

And don't anybody bother mentioning fantasy 'get a life' yadda yadda because this is what the discussion is about

Vanquish
Agreed... There is no doubt that OT Stormtroopers MUST NOT be clones. I'm sure GL will make this clear in ROTS, and if he doesn't, we will just assume it. The only way it will be bad, is if he actually implies somehow that they are clones. If he says they are not, or says nothing, everything is cool. And no way GL is dumb enough to actually suggest they are all clones, so everything will be fine after tomorrow smile

Red Superfly
In ANH there is an Academy right?

What kind of Academy is that anyway? Luke says he wants to join the Academy, but it cannot be the Imperial Academy, because Luke says he hates the Empire ("It's not that I like The Empire, I hate it, but theres not a lot I can do right now"wink.

Just wonderring.

Also, if the troops were all clones, then they should have been dubbed over, like Boba Fett on the new releases. But they weren't.

(PS I find it stupid that Boba Fett could keep his australian accent when his father was killed when he was like, twelve - did he go and live in Australia for 20 years?)

Dalwoan
This is very interesting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.