Why are people so obsessive about making comparisons ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G.P
I don't understand why so many people in so many sections here always want to know who would win or who's the best....

That really bothers me messed

-Video Games :haha who would win, Cloud or Cecil / Who Would Win?: Max Payne or Hitman (Agent 47) / who would win out of Sam Fisher or Solid Snake / Poll: Mortal Kombat Versus Streetfighter.
-Music : Usher or Ginuwine? and why... / metal face vs kemekonkga(whatever his name is) / CHRISTINA Vs. KELLY / Nas vs Jay-z
-Terminator: T1000 Vs Terminatrix / Terminator vs.T2 vs. T3
-Batman: Poll: Batman vs Any SuperHero / batman vs superman / batman vs. spider-man / Batman Vs Batman Forever / Poll: Batman vs. Gambit
-Hulk : Hulk vs. Thor
-Superman:Poll: superman vs neo in the matrix and neo Vs. Superman....who wins? / superman vs. the hulk / Poll: Who Is Faster, Superman or the Flash? / Superman Vs T-1000
-Spiderman:Poll: Spider-Man vs. Wolverine / Spider-Man vs Batman / Poll: Juggernaut vs.Hulkvs.Fantastic 4 / Spiderman vs. Aragorn
-SW:Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu..... / Mace Windu -vs- Yoda / X-wing fighter or Tie fighter?
-Horror: Poll: Jason V vs Freddy vs Pin Head vs Leather Face vs Michael Myers
-JB: Poll: Harry Potter vs. James Bond.
-Superheroes:who would win in a third fight SUPERMAN OR DOOMSDAY / Colossus vs Hulk / Batman vs. James Bond / Poll: Hulk and Spideys vs. Superman and Batman
-X-men : Who would win this fight??? (Silver surfer vs Dark Phoenix) / X-men -vs- The Avengers -vs- Justice League
-Celebs: orlando bloom vs johnny depp / Kiera Knightley or Natalie Portman? / Jessica Alba or Jennifer Garner?
-M.D:Jack Sparrow vs. Aragorn / Return of the King vs. Matrix Revolutions
-OTF: I think I don't need to show any duel from the OTF

Storm
freedom of speech messed

G.P
Well, that's not because I'm free that I'm gonna compare my grandmother to Metallica and the Hulk.... messed

Fire
no idea, but I agree it is kinda sad

but aslong as they compare two things so far so good

the real pest is when ppl start to compare things to themselves

like: does my girlfriend love me as much as I love her, because I visited her at the hospital every day, and she didn't???

things like that can be selfdestructive

(PS FICTIVE EXAMPLE)

Storm
neither would I

yerssot
they want to see people agreeing with their idea

I mean, GP, take you're a huge (looks at the examples) Spiderman-fan, than you want people to agree with you that Spiderman is great, so you compare him to someone-thing, that you think is crap, in this example: Aragorn

well, that's my two eurocents of course

SilverFighter
It is call "Competition" is kinda like......"My favorite vs. yours".

yerssot
My Schwartz is bigger as yours big grin

SilverFighter
Oh Yeah??? Bring it on laughing out loud

yerssot
You know I will win, cause good is dumb evil face

Kosta
People like to make comparrisons, because they want to convince themselves that whhatever THEY support may be above alll other things, thus convincing themselves (subconciously) that they may in someway be supperior to others

Or....not. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.