Mario 64 - The Game That I Find Unbelivable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
Mario64. I mean there isnt another one like it. I mean like final fantasy and stuff u go to so many places but with mario u got a big castel with prolly over 50 rooms or so and out side stuff and levels inside levels i mean who ever created it was a genius. it takes at least 2 minutes to get from the basement to the top of the castel even i find it amazing. Also were u can be in one level and then go in a tube and then make everything way bigger or smaller that level is the one with the giant fish in it. Its to good for words i think who also finds this as good as i found it because i think it blows almsot ne other game level wise out of the water they just got the most widest varity of levels i have ever played in it

total metalhead
yeah its a great game but Jak II is just as varied.

Tex
OMG! I love Mario 64! One of the best games ever!
They work Nintendo put into that game is unbelievable!

The worlds, and characters and adventures are still unsurpassed today!
Mario Sunshine was a disappointment compared!

Hopefully the new Mario 128 will rival the 64 version! yes

Steven
Ok is Mario 128 for the cube or the next gen because thats what i heard. :-/

Tex
Gamecube, should come out next Christmas! rock

Linkalicious
Mario 64 was just like Halo how it set such a high bar for the rest of the games to compete against. I think i beat it like 4 times before i stopped playing it. But all in all i don't like Mario games because plumbers scare me worst than midgets.

Vim
Yeah it really set a new standard by which all other adventure games would be compared. I too beat it several times, I think Zelda: Ocarina of Time was nice translation for the zelda series from its usual overhead view to the complex 3-D world. I really want to get the gamecube with the four legend of zelda games on it!! its only like $100 which is a sweet deal if you think about it! I also discovered all the little secrets and weird stuff that you could find and do in Mario 64...

The One Himself
Of course Mario 64 is one of the best!

Tex
Also, if I'm not mistaken, Mario 64 was the first first person 3-D game.
Before that everything was 3rd person.
Right?

The One Himself
Many believed that the game would be shown at E3 this year; unfortunately it was not. Nintendo claimed that the innovation in the game had to be kept a secret, and thus, they decided it was not appropriate to show the game.

Tex
Yeah, I heard about that!
Interesting! shifty

MC Mike
shifty ... yes... very...

silver_tears
I love this game yes
Passed all the levels and got yoshi too big grin

Steven
Tex so we gota wait for a year for this game?! sad *lol* Too damn long....

Ushgarak
You mean that the other way around I think, Tex! It was 3rd person.

It certainly pioneered it but Tomb Raider was developed at the same time- they are considered to have a joint crown for 3-d play.

Obviously, yes, a fantastic game.

Tex
embarrasment

Lag
Here are some other bar setting games in my opinion
Doom and Duke Nukem 3-D: without which we wouldl've never played 007 or Halo
Mario 64: Sweetest, longest, biggest, and best looking game of it's time
Zelda: Ocorina of Time: What a master piece, talk about a game that can really take you to another world. Big world, fun side missions, good story line, and innovative with the time travel thing. Good cinematics, too.
007 Goldeneye: This was it. The first game that actually got my adrenaline pumping. The multi-player was all my friends and I would do. Not to mention all the unlockable guns, levels, and characters. The levels are big and there are plenty of them. As far as replay value, one word.......Facility.
Metal Gear Solid: I would go to bed at night thinking of sneaking up on somebody from behind and choking them out. When this game came out it was all I could think of, with it's conspiracy, stealth, and awesome characters and bosses.
Halo: Where in the world did this game come from? There was no warning of this game, no game before it had anywhere near the perfection of Halo so there was no way of knowing perfection was even possible. With it's beautiful and lucious environments, huge levels, innovative game-play, and story-line about a bad-ass this game can't loose. The multi-player alone would have been good enough for me. I get together with a ton of friends and we play CTF or Slayer or one of the many other ways you can modify the multi-player for hours and hours on end. I could go on and on about how awesome Halo is, but it's pretty much known by everyone by now.
Morrowind: This is like Mario 64 on acid. The world is huuuuuuge. You can fully customizs characters, ware anything, eat anything, read anything, kill anything, and pretty much do anything you want in this game and it will usually result in leveling up. This game was out for about a year before I played it, for some reason it didn't apeal to me, but when I did I couldn't believe the freedom of doing and being anything. Zelda took you to another world, Morrowing let you create it.
Splinter Cell: This was like Halo, the first time I looked at a screen shot I was like "YES".Splinter Cell is just so beautiful with it's real-time lighting and realistic features like the buildings and the people.I'm a huge action fan, but I'm an even bigger stealth fan and this game did it for me. Sam can do anything, you name it Sam does it. This game was so tense at times and I would come so close to getting caught that you would think it was real.

BackFire
Yeah, Mario 64 is by far the best third person adventure game of all time.

SaTsuJiN
when I first laid hands on the n64 display at blockbuster video, I got this incredible feeling from mario 64. I cant even describe the goodness of that feeling. It was like I knew the reason why I was a gamer again. Sheer amazement, mario 64 is , and always will be one of my favorite games of all time.

DeNiro
I knew that this game must be as amazing as i thought

mah
It is lovely..I remember beating it..aww

ragesRemorse
yeah MARIO 64 is the deffinition of an all around perfectly entertaining game. Mario sunshine, what happend?

silver_tears
laughing out loud I hated that game! with a passion stick out tongue

Tex
mad

How dare you insult my Mario 64! love

BackFire
I'm willing to bed money that she isn't much of a gamer, thus voiding any credibility she may have on the subject.

She probably didn't like it because she found it to difficult, that's usually the case with this game, the only people who don't like it are the ones without the skill needed to play through it fully.

DracotheDragon
Aside from the 007 series, mario64 was the best 64 game ever! Mario Sunshine is a HUGE dissapointment and they should remake mario64's graphics and re-release it to the GCN.

Lord_Andres
nononono Mortal Kombat trilogy, was the best 64 game ever, the came Mario 64 and Doom 64!

SaTsuJiN
oh mario 64, you are the god that has spawned so many underlings, that which can never fill your shoes. All hail M 64 ( ` w ` )

Ushgarak
Well, I have friends who don't like Mario 64, hardcore gaming friends at that. No game is ever going to appeal to everyone.

DeNiro
I Luv the James Bonds series the first one by far was the best one. But it doesnt even compare to mario 64. But then the second james bond game sucked on playstation and then it got a little bit better when they came out with the world is not enough. But i like the goldeneye james bond the best because it wasnt like do the boring run through of the levels like in the third game they came out with.

i found mario 64 boring....the original mario is the best game of all time, 64 didn't even come close to Super Mario Bros. 1,2 or 3.

as for the james bond series, i hated goldeneye for 64, i also found it really boring...i think 007: nightfire is the best Bond game to come out as of yet...agent under fire was ok. and everything or nothing is a 3rd person i think so it'll be different and probably worse(in my opinion)

SaTsuJiN
did you know mario 2 wasnt going to be mario 2 until nintendo bought the game engine? it was supposed to be some arabian themed game, of which I cannot remember the original title.

BackFire
Strange, all of my friends (who are also extremely hardcore gamers) love that game, Infact, I've never met anyone in real life who disliked that game.

I'm not saying everyone is going to like it, I'm aware that not everyone enjoys the genre to wich it is a part of. I just fail to see how they can hate a game that is just so unarguably well made and quite flawless, and perfected the thrid person view adventure game. It's just a game that I think should be respected for it's brilliance, even if it isn't your particular cup of tea. I know there's plenty of games I don't like, but I can still tell they are outstanding games.

DeNiro
I used to be like a gamer type when i was like 10 or 11 but i just grew out of video games i am trying to sell them i have like ovr 35 nintendo 64 games and 25 playstation games and i couldnt even count my sega games i know sega is old but still back in the day it was cool but i still play pac man from now and again stick out tongue

mah
It's so fudging awesome. There's something about the mood of the whole game, the world, it was such a shocker and is still enjoyable.

total metalhead
only one 3D platform game better than Mario 64. Jak And Daxter. i love that game so much.

SaTsuJiN
you have just sinned

Linkalicious
Hey haw!!! Mario 64 was a third person 3-d game not a first person. Halo, Metroid Prime, and So Com were all first persons. Ya'all!!!!

Ushgarak
Well, there you go. Come talk to my friends about it if you want.

JKozzy
I haven't played it, but I'm thinking of getting an N64 for $19 at Gamestop, or stealing one of my friends's stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.