who liked LXG?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

russ_mathers
i absolutely loved the film LXG (LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN)
my fav. character was tom saywer the spy, who was ur fav. character and wat u like bout da film?

smokin'

Ahnold
Thank god! I thought I was the only one! This was a great film! Sure, it had its flaws {the SFX were dodgy in places}, but for the most part it was great, fun action.

My fave character was Allan Quartermain. Boy, what a surprise but still: Connery brings such gravitas to the role, and I think drives the film. I won't spoil things but if you've seen the end, you'll know what I mean

wicker_man
I really enjoyed this film, although there were some historical mistakes (notified to me by my history buff mate who accompnied me to the film).
The collection of characters were pretty good most notably Allen Quatermaine, some of the CGI effects were pretty dodgy particuarly them of Jeckyll and Hyde. However i thoroughly enjoyed this film.

Lord Soth
I love LXG, love the story, the plot, the CGI, everything. Except for one thing......Tom Sawyer. It wasn't the character that I didn't like, but his role in the story. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a BRITSH Graphic Novel, thoroughly British. and yet they felt felt the need to put a ruggedly hansome Yank, for the sole purpose of making the movie appeal to American audiences. and he ends up killing the bad guy, who for all we know, was only threatening Europe!

It pisses me off

russ_mathers
haha, lord soth. true feelings towards that.

i myself, thought most of the cast was picked well, wat cracked me up was that the 'pirate' (he didnt like to be called that) was called Nemo, and the cartoon was out at the same time ?????? hello?! am i the only one who thought that was stupid.......

diegocala
Yes, you are

Lord Soth
I thought it was a pretty funny coincidence, nothing more

BOPRecruit 16
i can't wait for lxg to come out on dvd next week! i loved the action, graphics, and mix of classcial characters in it. a sequel would be great.

Ahnold
A sequel? Sadly, considering the poor box office returns, that is v. unlikely...

Wolfie
I loved that movie. My only critique was the ending. If there isn't going to be a sequel, the witch doctor was completely unnecissary.

Lord Soth
There were once plans for a sequel, so they had to leave the ending open, just in case

VengeanceGOD
I thought the movie was kickass, personally. Not to mention the fight between Hyde and the big red thing was everything the Hulk movie should have been.

Ikobe
I saw it as an in-flight movie and it was actually really good; Lord Soth, I totally agree with you about the Tom Sawyer thing wink Highlight of it for me was the Venician scene and, er... yeah. Stuart Townsend. *drool* Yay for Dorian for he is TEH SESSAH.

Lord Soth
Yeah, Hulk was just plain bad

WinkyBells
Lol, I guess I'm a bit late coming into this discussion, but I also thought I was the only one that enjoyed this movie! One of my favorite scenes is when Skinner was sneaking around Quatermain's cabin and got booted out... *snickers* Funny as hell. Favorite character was Skinner followed closely by Jekyll. Skinner was just so funny I couldn't help but love him and Jekyll was screaming for a hug. Well, I gtg.
~*P.S.- Kudos to everyone that liked this movie! Y'all rock!*~

Lord Soth
My favorite was Mina. She kicked some serious ass big grin

SaTsuJiN
though the story was a lil frail, the action was nonstop and excellent. I love the way the action scenes were done. theres almost never a moments peace.

Verdict : loved it

RemyLeBeau
loved it!!! it was amazing. I loved Tom Sawyer . Shane West is my pick for Gambit in X-3. He is a brilliant young actor.Sean Connery,..waaaaay hot for an old guy. Dorian was a cool character as was Mina Harker. She was awesome.

MISSME
The action was great....I hope there will be another movie!

Fallen Jedi
unlike everyone else, i didn't like the movie too much. it was okay.

LanceWindu
I wasn't a fan of the way it looked before seeing it, but my uncle saw it in theaters and thought it was great.

So when it hit DVD, he bought it, and I watched it.

I love it.

Primitive Screwhead #1
"myself, thought most of the cast was picked well, wat cracked me up was that the 'pirate' (he didnt like to be called that) was called Nemo, and the cartoon was out at the same time ?????? hello?! am i the only one who thought that was stupid......."

Um, Nemo pertains to Captain Nemo. As in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? In fact, that's most likely where Pixar attributed the name for their fish due to the association to the classic novel.

A.D. Skinner
OHHHHH ! Is that why Dr. Jeckyll, Mr. Hyde and Tom Sawyer make appearances as well ?

WinkyBells
Yeppers. All of the characters are from classical literature or associated with the literature. And did you know that the name 'Nemo' was the title that the good ole captain gave himself? It means 'no name' or 'nobody'. I thought that was an interesting tidbit.

nightcrawer89
i was cool

Lord Soth
And why aren't you cool now? big grin

Cinemaddiction
..and Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde are supposed to be in "Van Helsing" as well?

How is this going to work? BTW, "Alan Quartermain and the.." DVD is out this month.

Lord Soth
No, Jekyll/Hyde are definitely not in Van Helsing

WinkyBells
Van Helsing? Are they gonna make ANOTHER Dracula-ish movie?? Damn, they never give up!

lil tears
I love it yes
I have it on DVD and have seen it numerous times big grin
Was a bit sceptical at first, but really liked the characters big grin

juggernaut26
well? i consider the nautalus a member lol

Cinemaddiction
My vote is with Mina Harker, err.."vampire". stick out tongue

Peta Wilson has come a long way from "La Femme Nikita". Wow, guess I am really showing my age, there.

juggernaut26
tom sawyer for me sorry i couldn't remember her name

backsidedown
hello

WinkyBells
Howdy, yo. Did you like the movie, backsidedown?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.