Why is the ET in the Senate???!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peluffo
Why GL includes the ET race in the senate??? is he joking with Us? all the efforts that he (and his cronies) have done to "keep the continuity", to save the secrets, to make a fiction universe so realistic that it dont have any missing shoot are crap?????
Even when this "guest star" seems to be a joke, well, for me it devaluates the first episode of the saga... that was presented as first step of a long journey, blahblahblah
Or in the reedition of ET anniversary, Steven Spielberg will explain to us that this race comes from a distant galaxy, and they are the older race over the universe?

Im a little upset with it.

Texas
Calm down guybig grin
It's not that bad, I think the ET species are kinda cutesmile

yerssot
GL and SS (Steven Spielberg) are very close friends.
If you see the movie ET, you will notice that there is a doll of Yoda and an action figure of Lando in it...
To return the favor GL made 3 ET's for the Senate, rest assure, there are a lot of people who doesn't know this all.

King Jedi
It was just a joke. Don't take it so seriously.smile

yerssot
should we inform him about all the eastern eggs in TPM?smile

queeq
ET just got lost again.

yerssot
and again they pointed to the sky...

"ET; phone hooooooooooome"

queeq
Only Valorum had their microphones shutt off because it wasn't their turn to talk. But you can hear it if you listen carefully when everyone is shouting: Vote now! Vote now! Phone Home! Vote Now!

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

(got to love the rolleyes!)

peluffo
yes please!!!! i got a sony dvd player, and can't find the stuff

queeq
*sigh*

Got to Disc One, to the language selection, type 11 (10+ and 1), wait for a glitch, type 3, wait for glitch, type 8 and enjoy the gag reel.

ToMacco
You people and your damn DVD playersmad

Dim
Too bad..I'd like to see the reel gags..

yerssot
that are bloopers not eastern eggs!
Well, if you want a list of good eggs, I'll mail them to you...

ToMacco
scrambled eggs? *ToMacco starts to unfreeze some bacon, too*

yerssot
*smackes To*

ToMacco
Ouch! *ToMacco puts bacon away*

yerssot
peluffo just say something when you want it

peluffo
Sorry, i've just watching the gags

Ratcat
OK, this is a Joke right? You can't possibly be serious?

If you are then I pity the methods you use to judge a movie...

Just my humble opinion...

yerssot
come on! a lot of people didn't know about this, they only knew that because others pointed it out!

King Jedi
It was jsut a little joke between Lucas and Speielberg. How can it devalue an entire movie? confused

Ushgarak
I agree. Little jokes like this occur all the time. Blade Runner spinners can also be seen at Coruscant.

yerssot
the dragon of dragonhart on Naboo...

King Jedi
Where is that?

yerssot
when OB1 becomes Knight there is something flying on the outside of the building...

and we haven't said "2001: A Space Oddysee"

King Jedi
Who says that's the dragon from Dragonheart?

yerssot
rumor has it...

Captain REX
"ET vote No Confidence!" "Phone home! Phone home!"

In Watto's junkyard, a space pod from 2001: A Space Odysee is in the background. I'm going to try and find all easter eggs in Ep. I.

Here's ET as seen in Ep. I.

Captain REX
For the easter eggs, I'm going to make a new thread. Okay? Okay. big grin

ET and the 2001 pod are two, now for the rest.

Ratcat
Don't forget the row of terminator dobots in the junkyard.

peluffo
I still think that this is not serious. After all the secrecy and the theory about a "serious fiction", i don't understand the joke. I mean, the Jedis, the myth, the space opera and that stuff.. wel, I think that this scene don't fit in the movie. I still like it but the SHOOT gets me outside of the spirit.

yerssot
sw is not real, so there will be jokes in it...

Darth Gehenna
Some people really find the need to over-analyze a movie. You should have heard Sam Jackson's impression of Star Wars fans, it had me cracking up.

King Jedi
Me aswell. rolling on floor laughing

peluffo
**OHMYGOSH!!!!!** Really????????
JAHJAHJAH big grin eek! wink

Captain REX
No duh there'll be jokes in it. GL's face can be found in some of matte painting in the palace area.

And it's "Use the forks, DUKE!" peluffo. Isn't that a Taco Bell comercial?

yerssot
it's
Use the For...
- The Force?
No, use the Forks, use the forks!

it's from a Simpson episode where Homer is the bodyguard of the mayor...

and peluffo, it may come as a complete shock to others but really, SW is not real!
Sorry Ush big grin

Ushgarak
Nonsense. I see the pictures right in front of me at the cinema. You telling me that's all made up?

yerssot
confused
can't follow now!

peluffo
There is no Taco Bell in my country, so i don't know that ist was from that commercial. I take it from the simpsons

Captain REX
I think it was on a commercial for a steak restaurant. I don't watch the Simpsons much, so I didn't know that. You need to have a Gordita. Really good soft taco. Yum. big grin

peluffo
Can you send me one, rex?
WAIT, let me see... how many weeks of delay we can have...
Forget it. I don't like mushrooms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.