10,000 years before TPM...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
who would like to see lucas allow another writer/director to make a movie or series of movies about the great jedi era 10,000 years before TPM? it could have an entirely different feel and not infringe on any events in lucas' star wars movies. he let 2 ewok movies be made, why not jedi movies.

ToMacco
no

yerssot
Well, let's stop about the movies! No more then this six!
For the era you are talking about, there are eu's outthere.

ToMacco
I still think they will make VII, VIII, and IX.

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

think! Ep VIII is AFTER ROTJ not before!

ToMacco
Episode I should have been 10,000 years before ANH. Lucas should have explained where the Jedi came from, and why they are the guardians of the universe.

It was okay for him to throw us into the middle of a story in IV. But since he had the chance to go back and start from the beginning, he should have STARTED at the beginning.

yerssot
the Jedi started when a group of pacifists started to discover a mystical energy field they called the Force...

Ushgarak
Not at all, To. Star Wars is a continuous story; making TPM et al a conceptual prequel would have been really weird. I LIKE backstory, anyway.

ToMacco
I don't know. I just wish Lucas would have done something different with EI. There's just something that doesn't work in the film.

Maybe II will make I better. But that brings me back to my original point that TPM is good, as a part of the entire saga. However not good as an individual movie.

mechmoggy
I have faith that EpII will be totally dark and cool, alot like my fave ESB. smokin'

ToMacco
I hope so.

Julie
Your saying that dark makes it cool....or do they just complement each other?

ToMacco
I don't think that the "darkness" made 'Empire' good. I just think it was a deep breath of fresh air. It was the only movie of the four that was totally engrossed in the story, not the special effects. And so the special effects never slowed down the pace of that film

LanceWindu
But you have to admit that the Darkness made it just the more spectacular.

Julie
ok......darkness is cool, but I lean more towards the light side smile
ESB was good, but hey it was Star Wars is there really such a thing as a bad SW movie!!!!!???????

LanceWindu
Not in my book

Julie
I totally agree smile

LanceWindu
Who doesn't?

Julie
Don't get cocky, kid wink

smile

LanceWindu
I don't need to get cocky, I already am. stick out tongue

Julie
True roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now what were we talking about?

LanceWindu
I forget

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.