Stupidest Books You've ever read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BingaBonga
I have to read a book about the Civil War, It's called The Root Cellar and it's about this "shy" girl named Rose, who acts very selfish, and she doesn't understand why everyone thinks she's a brat.

Her parents died when she was young, and so she traveled with her grandmother across the world. They were in Paris when her grandmother had a heart attack, and she just stood there until her grandmother told her to get help. She later died, and Rose had no guilt. I say that child has to conscence.

lil bitchiness
Book discussion....confused

total metalhead
i read a dumb one once about this person who posted a book thread in the OTF instead of the book forum.

lil bitchiness
That wasnt very nice you know...

BingaBonga
embarrasment sorry

lil bitchiness
TM should appologise for being so rude...

BingaBonga
It's okay, my fault.. erm

BingaBonga
I've been here long enough, but i didn't realize that there was a book forum

lil bitchiness
There is no excuse about being rude...there was no need for that...

BingaBonga
how long has the book forum been here?

lil bitchiness
Few weeks...

BLACKANGEL
i never read anystupid books but i did read some great books.

total metalhead
sad

i'm sorry. sometimes i just like to make fun.

but hey ive had people dissin me before and ive never said anything to anyone, so i deserve some slack.

but yeah im sorry Binga.

BLACKANGEL
huh

lil bitchiness
I didnt mean to make you feel bad....sad

You shouldnt take crap from some little person thats dissing you....you're cute!! yes

BLACKANGEL
what books do yall like. i like only four books that i read from all these other books.

a wrinkle in time
little match girl
circle of gold
and last but not least booty call.

BLACKANGEL
wats yours?

mors823
Don't worry BB, people mess up and put threads in the wrong forum.
The stupidest book I read was called "The Brides Price". It was the worse book ever. It focused on the African tradition of paying something to your future husband, but that's not why it was bad. I read (forcefully) several years ago and can't quite remember why it was bad. The plot and events were too, uhm, romaticly graphic.

BLACKANGEL
bunny

total metalhead
happy thanx LB.

BLACKANGEL
ninja

lil bitchiness
wink

bLooMiLiCioUs
hhmm.....i dunno if this is stupid or not cuz ive not really thought of this book much....
it's called "im the king of the castle" by susan hill..but it is really sad and really provokes a hell lotta anger in you.*nods solemnly*

mors823
Sooner or later, someone will move this. I don't think BKK will really like this, calling books stupid, but some books are just bad. Another one I hated was "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathanial Hawthorn. Too Puritany and romantic for me. All the guys in my class just used Sparknotes.com to get the gist of it.

BLACKANGEL
i heard of that book

BingaBonga
it's okay, i haven't been here actually looking around for a few weeks, i've had so much homework, so I didn't realize that there is a book forum now, but anyway... it's okay

Ahnold
I read an awful set of three books recently called "Lord Of The Rings". Whew what a stinker! If that ever catches on I'll eat my hat!

What's that? What did you say? MOVIES?! THREE OF THEM?!

{Eats hat}

bLooMiLiCioUs
roll eyes (sarcastic)

BLACKANGEL
i never read the book but i saw lord of the rings

bLooMiLiCioUs
one of my fav lines frm that :
"Ai!ai!" wailed Legolas, "A Balrog! A Balrog is come!"

why, oh WWWHHHHYYYYYY did they cut that line????!!!!!!!!!!!!it wld hv been SOOO HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMAGINE orli sayin that!!laughing out loudlaughinglaughing out loudlaughingrolling on floor laughing

stinkfist462
stupidess book i read was that uhhh hmmmmm time machine... so boring .. so lame.... whoa... i actually read a book..

Fire
shouldn't this be in the book forum

BLACKANGEL
im still trying to remeber mmy stupid book

bLooMiLiCioUs
ah well it's gonna go off topic soon i betshifty

BLACKANGEL
they just said that.

stinkfist462
yep...... i want to read those anne rice novel thingys... but i cant read to well so it will take a very long time.... 5 months for 10 chapters on fellowship of the ring...

bLooMiLiCioUs
OMG anne rice's "the vampire chonicles" are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am OBSESSED with Lestat de Lioncourtlovelove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACKANGEL
i love booty call. what a nasty book.

stinkfist462
im reading "the vampire lestat" half way through page 1

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughinglaughing page one???!!!!
when i started that book i cldnt stop till i ended the next day!!!then i read t over and over again!!!!

"I am The Vampire Lestat" *swoon* give me my dear anglo-saxon,blue-eyed,blond-haired vampire Lestat anydaylove

BingaBonga
umm... oh yeah, My teachers having a baby. I remember that... In 5th grade we were in the library at our school, I came across a book called my teachers having a baby... All the little girls in the book thought they were pregnant... If they only knew... laughing out loud

Vampiree
THE HARRY POTTER SERIES!!!!! AHHHHH!!! THEY'RE SOOO STUPID!!!

BingaBonga
I think the movies are stupider.

Vampiree
hell yeah, but that doesn't make the books smart...

LarryTheArch
i read pretty fast, probably 100 pgs and hour, depending on how into the book iam

BingaBonga
It depends for me... if the book is complicated such as the book i'm reading now, The Silmarillion, I read about a page in two minutes. If it's a easy book to follow a long i read a few pages a minute. It also depends if I'm really into the book.

Vampiree
i read quite fast big grin it took me about 8 hours to read 'queen of the damned' big grin i finished every stupid hp book in not more that 3 hours... it's sooo stupid...

BingaBonga
which hp book?

Vampiree
EVERY hp book...

BingaBonga
wow, that's fast. It took me about 6 hours or somewhere to read the last one... that's fast.

Vampiree
heh big grin i'm just used to reading many books big grin if i only had the time... but sadly i have to many activities to do and stuff to learn that i don't have much time for reading, which makes me cry *cries*

Julie
There's no shortage of stupid book out ther.....but mostly they're text books!

BingaBonga
haha, exactly. Yes, I love to read, and I don't understand how anyone couldn't enjoy reading.

Vampiree
big grin yeah, people can be so stupid big grin

GroundedAgain
textbooks. definently. but dats da only kinda book i read. hmmmmmmmm *runs outta book forum screaming*

badkittykitty
lol g.a. nice to see you!...dont run away readings fun...come back!

cermiestar
stupidest book i ever read- captain correllis mandolin.....soooooooooo dumb

BingaBonga
what's it about? - trying to keep the topic going -

GroundedAgain
hey bkk!! nice ta c ya but neways i'll keep da topic going : the dictionary!!!! serious. i do read sometimes..or at least when i was lil...and in my ol junior high skewl we had ta read da dictionary in english calss fer five minutes day sick

BingaBonga
Wow, of all things? That's it. We now have it in fact. Schools try to be boring. What grade are you in?

ruby
the wormholers

its got some really complicated but terrible plot.

heres an example:

one minute the girl is a girl and then she is traped in this place where she is a dolphin and this... and then her friend comes and she..and the the

still i was pretty young when i read it

BingaBonga
what the...? huh What the f**k?

BellaButterfly
Omg the worst book I ever read was I am sorry if I offend anyone ....but it is Yellow raft in blue water i had to read that in the 5th grade and it was just sooooooooo boring !!!

BingaBonga
Speaking of 5th grade... Johnny Skedaddle, it was awful. It took place in the U.S. Revolutionary War. It's awful, to make it worse, it was around 400 pages long...

nemo
i hope u're joking. that's one of the modern classics, one of the best book i've ever read. did you even get to finish it or not?

badkittykitty
seeing how he has posted in the lotr's section...I am sure he is j/k smile

mailedbypostman
I have a very high tolerance of boring books. big grin

GroundedAgain
if i went ta skewl id be in 9th grade confused

another stupid book:mr popper's perguins. i read it in mustve been bout third grade, some guy gits peguins delivered to his house and make sthem preform all dat....not my idea of good reading. FIGHT THE POWER!! SAVE THE PEGUINS!!!!!!!!

BingaBonga
Are you kidding? I thought it was great!

GroundedAgain
nah not kidding but he made da peguin live in da fridge

i figured it out. dat was last book i read dat wasn't a text book or reference book

RonzMyBoy
One of the stupidest books I've ever read is Ski Weekend by R. L. Stine Man that was like his worst book. Hey how did that hat taste???

BingaBonga
what hat? huh

RonzMyBoy
That dude said if lord of the rings ever caught on he'd eat his hat. Well I was just wondering what it taste like.

BingaBonga
I hope it tasted bad stick out tongue

Writer86
These are the top three bad books I've read:

The Red Badge of Courage
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Great Expectations

Had to read them all for school.
Red Badge is awful because not only is it extremely difficult to translate the slang, but it seems like the author could have told the entire story in about 20 pages.
IKWYDLS is insulting to any half-wit because its so easy to figure out and the characters are all cardboard cut-outs.
Great Expectations is pointless. Who cares about the misadventures of a poor English boy named Pip?

I'll have to read The Scarlet Letter later this year. Wish me luck.

BingaBonga
Julie of the Wolves was also stupid, or it least to me. I hate it when our class has to read a book then we have to do all this work about it...
The Sign of the Beaver is also pretty bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.