Ben Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I find it very interesting that Obi-wan, the cocky little punk in "The Phantom Menace" turns out to be one of the most skilled Jedi, and certainly one of the most important (if not the most)

Dim
That's not that suprising really ..that's how men in their twenties are..and cockiness sometimes changes to a respectable confidence.

mah
I've always thought it was the other way around, that the cocky boys become the losers.

yerssot
well, QGJ oversaw that he would become a great Jediknight

finti
yes and have always been that way big grin big grin big grin big grin

ToMacco
Obi-wan looks much better with all that hair on his head, now.

King Jedi
He'll lose a lot of his cockiness because he has responsibilities now. And by the time of the OT he has messed up so bad that there is nothing for him to be cocky about.big grin

ToMacco
BS

Obi-wan is the most important Jedi in the saga.

King Jedi
What the hell are you talking about?
The only one who talks BS here is you. Obi-Wan messes up, he loses Anakin to the Dark Side. He spends the OT training Luke so that he can make up for his mistake. Have you even seen the OT??mad

ToMacco
Yeah, but then he starts to train Luke, because he knows he (or Leia) are the only one's who can stop Vader.

Obi-wan is the most important Jedi in the entire series.

King Jedi
I still don't know what the hell you are talking about.confused mad

yerssot
he's the jedi that is in every movie, yes.
But most important in the saga? I would say that Luke is the most important one in ESB and ROTJ, not to mention TPM were he was just a padawan...

jedi212guy
Okay, how about saying this: OB1 is one of the most important characters in the overall SW saga, but he is not the most important Jedi.

Who would say here that OB1 is more important than Han Solo in the OT? Nobody! OB1 is crucial to the overall plot, but not to individual movies.

ToMacco
BSevil face

jedi212guy
Your pathetic 2-letter posts are no match for me, ToMacco. I challenge you to a duel.

yerssot
yeah, well, every character is important, not sure about Jar Jar though

ToMacco
Yeah, Jar Jar sucks (sorry HH and KJ)stick out tongue

yerssot
Even Jar Jar is important!

jedi212guy
He was important for the story as it was written, but the story could have been altered to that his presence wasn't required.

King Jedi
You could say that about any film though.

Tomacco why do you keep puting Britney Spears initials in your posts?

yerssot
yeah, you could even alter it so that Mace and the entire counsil wouldn't be in it

LaurenE147
If you change the plot of ANH you don't need Luke. Jedi212, yuor post made no sense, and Obi-wan is definitely the most important. NOt best but most important. I f you look at the beginning as the PT the OT wouldn't have even happened if it wasnt for him.

yerssot
BUT he told Luke to go to Dagobah...

King Jedi
Anakin is the most important Jedi. The whole story is about him. He effects everything that happens to everyone else.

Dim
Yeah, I'd have to agree with KJ...I think that eventually Luke would have found out about Vader being his father one way or another..Ben wasn't the only person that could have lead him down that path.

yerssot
I know, but what about the training then?

King Jedi
It doesn't matter. Without Anakin there would be no Luke. Anakin effects everyone in the story.

Dim
Well, maybe there were other ways for him to learn..another jedi out there..or maybe Vader could have trained him eek! The possiblities are endless.

yerssot
face it: everyone can be replaced

King Jedi
Not Anakin. Without him there is no Star Wars.

yerssot
it will take a few guys more, but I think that even Anakin has a chance of being replaced...

back on topic:

OB1 still has to become a general with Bail Antilles in the Clone Wars and Leia has to know about it, so it will be famous...

mah
KJ: you can say that about any character, luke IS the most important, he saves the whole lot, if you're saying that anakin is important because without him there would be no luke, you can just as well say that shmi is the most important character.

yerssot
you know what?
The Force is the most important!

King Jedi
No Anakin is the most important character because the whole story is about him. The rest of the characters are all effected by him.
Qui-Gon helps get him freed.
Obi-Wan trains him.
Padme falls in love with him.
Palpatine turns him to the Dark Side.
Obi-Wan trains Luke to turn ANAKIN back.
Yoda trains Luke to turn ANAKIN back.
Luke brings him back.

Everyone is effected by what Anakin does. You could completley change Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Padme, Yoda and Luke to different charcters and the story still works. You couldn't take Anakin out though because he is the story.

Yerssot any ideas on how Obi-Wan ends up fighting for Bail Organa? Does Alderaan get invaded?

yerssot
What I know about the Clone Wars is that no planet gets invaded. But Leia clearly said that Antilles was involved, he is not a jedi; perhaps he is the co-ordinator?

mah
damn, you're good at arguing, I can't come up with a good answer to thatembarrasment

King Jedi
It was Bail Organa. Her step dad. He's a Senator in Ep2.

yerssot
step dad...
here exact words were:
Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars...

So this means that Bail was important in the wars, because there were people underneath him...

King Jedi
I know.
Obi-Wan served Bail Organa who is a Senator in AOTC and will become Leia's step dad.

yerssot
but what has a senator to do with this all?

LaurenE147
Actually I htink that Bail is her adoptive father. I don't think he married Padme. He just hid her.

yerssot
Lauren, I know that, but Leia also said that OB1 served Bail in the Clone Wars

King Jedi
Yip, that was a mistake. I meant foster dad or adoptive father.

Yerssot Bail Organa is a Senator for Alderaan in AOTC. During the Clone Wars Obi-Wan serves him. When Anakin turns, Leia is given to Bail to look after.

Ushgarak
The focus is really on the Skywalker family. I don't think we need to discriminate between Skywalkers... they are both utterly vital and the centrepieces of it all.

You could remove other charatcers, and the story would be told differently. But remove either Skywalker and it is NOT thje same story; it is some other thing.

But meanwhile... Obi-Wan is the man,. Even more so for his failings- and it must be said, his was not the only failure. Let's not let Yoda and even Anakin himself off the hook hear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.