Futurama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
please help me,I am a huge fan of futurama and I have someone tape them for me so I had no idea that the show has been canceled,theres a few more shows and thats it.at least thats what i read some where but no explaination.can any one tell me why?(or tell me this is a lie..I hope!)
I cant figure out why they would cancel this show it's up for another emmey.

Ushgarak
Gosh yes, I remember Raz posting how it had been cancelled over a year ago (just a lot of it had already been comissioned).

I think it just wasn't Simpsons-scale popular, is all. US tv has a fast turnover.

-=Urot=-
It was still a funny show!!

*** Who wants some Anchovies??? ***

The family guy is funny too.

badkittykitty
he posted it over a year ago,man am I slow. maybe I am lucky I just found out 'cause feel aweful about,I just hope they put all out on dvd.

Tex
This site will tell you everything you need to know about the cancellation:
Click on pic:
http://calculon.bei.t-online.de/CGEF/img/left-information.gif

LanceWindu
They cancel the show yet later this year they release a video game.

I just hope they end the show right.

I'd hate to have just any old regular episode end it.

Raz
Unfortunately its true. There are only a few last episodes left sad

BackFire349
never liked futurama too much. the bigger travesty is that family guy was canceled

J_To_The_P
Doesn't matter about Family Guy, just BUY THE DVD BOXSETS, Futurama was an okay show, my favorite line was Bender's "You suck!" laughing out loud

Raz
Bite my shiny metal ass.

diegocala
It is on everyday here on the Cartoon Network

Tex
Cartoon Network at night, TBS in the daytime thumb up

Captain REX
I try to watch Futurama on Cartoon Network every weekday (not including Friday) night at 11 PM. It is a great show. smile

Now I see why Raz likes Bender so much...

badkittykitty
thanks for the site but still dont get why they would cancel it.
any way I wish I could watch it everyday but I work 10-12 hours during the week on 2nd shift,so i miss every thing! bender is the awesome!
I think my favorite is fry's newphew!

Celsius
Will Fry get wilt Lela?

badkittykitty
he almost did when he had worms.

Celsius
but thats ALMOST.

Mist
hey Celsius.
check out www.theforce.net
they have some pretty cool ep3 stuff. interviews, pics...
theres a shot a anakin. he has long hair(up to shoulders)

Mist
sorry for the interupption everyone.

Captain REX
There was also the one where they were on the "Titanic," remember?

LanceWindu
I found out yesterday that the last episode of Futurama will air August 10th here in the states.

I don't know about other places though.

Captain REX
Cartoon Network will keep showing it, I'm sure. They always show old cartoons that are getting kicked off the air other places. Take the Pokemon cartoon for example. As soon as it was off of UPN and WB, it went straight to Cartoon Network.

LanceWindu
Yes it will stay on CN and TBS, they just won't have any new episodes.

Captain REX
Exactly, which is fine with me because I haven't seen all of the episodes.

The "Bender going to Hell" episode was hilarious.

LanceWindu
I thought it was too.

But I've seen it a few times already.

BTW I love the new adult swim.

First I start my nights watching X-Men Evolution then Futurama and then Family Guy.

How much better can TV get?

Besides adding The Simpson's to the line-up.

Captain REX
It can't. eek!

Ness
laughing out loud

badkittykitty
I didnt get to see it.what I ment to say in my last post was that I work 10-12hr everyday! I've misses alot if people didnt tape stuff for me I would see any prime time shows at all. I didnt see bender go to hell either! I feel like I live under a rock! 'godfellas' was a awesome bender show though.

badkittykitty
damn,I type slower than my thoughts,sorry people about my e-bonics wacko

DBZFan
II like the episode were this trash ball is coming to earth,and they go to explode it and Bender picks up a Bart Simpson doll and pulls the string and it says:Eat my shorts.
And Bender says:Okay,mmmmmm shorts.

badkittykitty
Futurama, set in the next millennium, follows the exploits of Fry, a pizza delivery boy who was cryogenically frozen by accident for 1,000 years; Leela, a female cyclops; Bender, an immoral robot, and others as they work for an intergalactic delivery service owned by Fry's great, great, great,..nephew, Professor Farnsworth.

do you guys lie this show,have a favorite character?

tptmanno1
i've seen it a coupla times,
i watch it whenever i can on Cartoon Network

badkittykitty
I adore Professor Farnsworth! just looking at him cracks me up!

Darth Bandon
Bender,Bender,Bender,Bender.

VallejoKid707
Bender is the best!

SpikeSpiegel
Lrr: This chicken tastes good jerked. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked.
Bender: It's used to it. Woooooooo!
Series 4 (DVD/Production), 5 (TV)
Spanish Fry

Phillip_J_Fry
who thinks futurama should be brought back

eleveninches
What was the last episode of season 5??
I saw the one where fry exchanges hands with the devil robot, but didnt know whether or not there were any more after that

starshine
Futurama rules!!! Happy Dance
Bender rules!!! Happy Dance

VENOMisCOOL
One of the best shows ever, mat groening comes up with the best ideas. futurama and family guy rules u gotta love stewie and bender, wut do u guys think is the best episode? i like the first episode when fry goes 1000 years into the future.

LilKitty
We have a TV forum smile

spider-venom
matt groening did not make famlily guy

angiel
i love futurama. i think leela's hot love this is the funniest show ever. they should make a not rated dvd where bender can cuss all the f*ck he wants. i think he would be funnier.

Unholly_Cheese
blink that would be scary
does anyone know wat show Billy West is gonna be in next?

sonofasaiyan
Fox cancelled because they're a$$holes, which the same reason the cancelled their best animate show, Family Guy and why they have to lick up their vomit and put it back on the air in 2005.

ScarFace Clone
Give a shout out to the station that gave you what you wannted

Tex
Futurama was such a great show.
Luckily the reruns still come on Adult Swim, TBS and Univision - in Spanish! laughing out loud

Unholly_Cheese
Oh u never know, fox mite getmatt and david to start it back up again wen they get despretsmile

ladygrim
iiii llluvvv futurama i think it has to be beta and funnier than the simpsons ... i luvved the very first one

roundisfunny
Well, I hate to tack this to the end of a long, often overlooked thread, but here goes. Fans of "Futurama" from all over the net are planning a mass mailing to FOX executives on October 25, 2004 to protest the cancellation of "Futurama".

What makes this protest unique is that, besides sending letters, the protesters are also sending cans of sardines with newly-printed labels that say "Angry Futurama Fans Sardines", a takeoff on "Angry Norwegian Sardines", a brand of sardines used in an episode of "Futurama".

Here is a webpage where you can read all about it, and print out a copy of the "Angry Futurama Fans Sardines" label. Be sure to tell all the Futurama fans on all the message boards you know about this protest. Ya never know...it could actually convince the suits at FOX to reconsider, and put this magnificent show back on the air!

TheFilmProphet
Interesting........are you going to participate?

ladygrim
i havent seen futurama for awhile its not fair why did my folks get sky turned off sad

futuramafan434
im bender. they better put my show back on the air. smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin'

Jackie Malfoy
Inleast they better not.I think that maybe yu heard wrong.They had not made any new shows of Futureruma but show the old ones alot on adultswim at eleven o'clock!
and I think also on sunday at the eleven too.Not sure through.Anyway no worrys it is still here.And well always be or else!
mad See you around.JM

eleveninches
When is season 5 being released on DVD for region 2???

futuramafan434
thier is no season 5, matt did no t like me and fry sneaking his donuts.( And Beer). beer beer beer smokin' smokin' smokin' Happy Dance

mc pee pants
laughing you can bite my shiny metal iculo!

Primitive Screwhead
Best line: "Good Lord! She's stuck in an infinite loop, and he's an idiot!"

ldene
There were only 4 sesons made, beacuse the american public didn't like it as much as Fox and Matt thought they would have.

Though it a funny show and nevere should have been cancelled-damn you americans!

roundisfunny
Hey now...don't blame all of us. Futurama's core audience was and is very dedicated. Check out fan sites like www.gotfuturama.com or www.peelified.com and see for yourself. There is even an appeal underway to let FOX know how much we want it back.

If anyone is to blame, it's the morons at FOX who messed with the show's schedule week after week. They moved "The Simpsons" four or five times its first few years (so it could supplement crappy FOX shows on other nights), and when it wouldn't die, they figured they could do that with ANY successful Sunday night show. Such a tactic has sounded the death knell for Family Guy AND Futurama.

Plus, during sports events, you could forget about the shows airing at their normal times, if at all. FOX really should pick a format and stick with it, or else they'll lose ALL of their comedy audience to Comedy Central and Cartoon Network.

futuramafan434
Yo, i think i know what futurama is. I signed a contract, but Fry didnt. Can u believe this guys livin in my closet????

smokin' Bender's da greatest! smokin'

TheFilmProphet
Yeah he is.

I agree.

wicker_man
Bender is definetly my favourite too, pity Fox went and cancelled it only after four seasons.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah Bender is great. I am still mad at them for cancelling it so soon.

XANA303
well...It does come on now @ 10:00 ET...Weekdays and Saterday

futuramafan434
well, good thing i am bender beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

ash007
well i love the epiosde called 'The luck of the fryesh'

loved the ending almost made me cry sad

Reckoning
They're all good; especially the episode where they land on the planet of Amazons.

Hot Hedgehog
There might be a slim chance we see new episodes. If anyone as sad as me watched the commentary on the last episode, they mentioned something about a new DVD Boxset with different episodes on it. Does someone PLEASE have info on this?

Neo_Version 7
Love this show!

Zoidberg was the funniest...

BadKitty
I have just ordered the final season it so I hope for some news on this soon.

can't wait for The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings..the best episode ever!! big grin

ladygrim
i want to get the box sets but my mum has a tizzy fit wen i go to buy DVDs ...sad

Hydrokronic
Futurama isnt cancelled, they play it on cartoon network when adult swim is on around 11:00pm weekends.

furryman
Well they don't make new ones anymore, it got cancelled

Hot Hedgehog
Even if Futurama is cancelled, it doesn't mean that we have to completely give up our hope. Let's face it, The Simpsons have grown old ever since Matt left the studio, and its because they're dragging it on, season after season. But at least Futurama went out on an early note, so that we could always have memories of it being a great show, rather than something growing boring and old.

furryman
I'm with you there. Though wierdly Futurama had so much more plausible potential than Simpsons; it's set in a surreal future, so almost anything can be written!

Hot Hedgehog
And I agree with you there as well. There's only so many stories that you can do in a small town like Springfield, and they've done most of them already. But in Futurama, like you said, anything can be written. They can make uo entire planets, species and universes, put them on the show and get away with it. The potential of a space delivery service is huge.

ladygrim
smile well sed

Quincy
Oh my god Futurama is my favorite animated show. Anyone check out the new movies? They are FECKING HILARIOUS!

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Quincy
Oh my god Futurama is my favorite animated show. Anyone check out the new movies? They are FECKING HILARIOUS!

Thankfully they are making movies because its my fav animated show too and there are only like 3 seasons and i have seen them all so many times i know the dialog.

Lycanthrope

"Shut up baby I know it"

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Reckoning
They're all good; especially the episode where they land on the planet of Amazons.

"Death by Snoog Snoog" awe yeah smokin'

angelamia
so Lycanthrope, what do you think of the movies? How do you rank Bender's Game compared to the first two? Did you like the LOTR spoof?

ladygrim
Originally posted by Lycanthrope

"Shut up baby I know it" lol love it big grinOriginally posted by angelamia
so Lycanthrope, what do you think of the movies? How do you rank Bender's Game compared to the first two? Did you like the LOTR spoof? Ive only seen the first one Originally posted by angelamia
so Lycanthrope, what do you think of the movies? How do you rank Bender's Game compared to the first two? Did you like the LOTR spoof? which was pretty good

Quincy
Originally posted by angelamia
so Lycanthrope, what do you think of the movies? How do you rank Bender's Game compared to the first two? Did you like the LOTR spoof?

The movies kick all available ass.

They were all hilarious. Plus the detail and art design really goes all out, making it a really pretty show to look at as well.

Movie tragic
The new movies have been ok, but not as good as the series imo.

Quincy
GO PICK UP INTO THE WILD GREEN YONDER!

Koenig
I've seen all four movies and the first one is the best and the last one is plain boring, the fourth one is no where near the series for funny. I rather see a brand new series that is to say, if there ever will be.

Wanderer11
Originally posted by Koenig
I've seen all four movies and the first one is the best and the last one is plain boring, the fourth one is no where near the series for funny. I rather see a brand new series that is to say, if there ever will be.

Completely agree with you. The first one is by far the best.

Quincy

The fourth one is more of a conclusion to the whole story of Futurama, but I still found it hilarious.

jinXed by JaNx

I've come to appreciate them all. A lot of care went into the movies. The only major complaint i have is that they do less one lines and more subtle humor, like we're used to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.