Angel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Bandon
Who watches? Do you like it.

SpikeSpiegel
Woooooo Angel kicks ass woooooooo.
Yeah it's cool. I've got series 1-3 on DVD and I'm going to get 4 when it's released. It's so much better than Buffy.

BOPRecruit 16
i watch it, and i like it. i haven't seen the old seasons. spike is so funny and great that he's on angel. can't wait to see buffy pop up!

Darth Bandon
True, Spike is the shizel.

BarmyBrummie
I LOVE ANGEL!!!! I've got the first 4 seasons on VHS. You americans are lucky though, i have to wait till the new year to see the fifth season. So is it any good so far? Whats happened?

G.P
I watch it sometimes...but I have never been very interessed in it...(I prefer the lightness of Buffy to a certain extent). The fact that the French channel TF1 has broadcast it in no particular order (it has even mixed 2 seasons together, as far as I remember !) may be responsible for that.

Darth Bandon
I know a good Angel spoiler site. If you want the link let me know. The site has spoilers for other shows too.

Dogbert
yea this show is really cool, it sucks that they pulled cordelia from the new season sad

BarmyBrummie
Darth bandon, could you give me that link please?

wicker_man
They pulled Cordy nooooooo!!!!
She was my fav since he Buffy days.

Anywayz back on topic it took me two showings of Angel season one to get me intrested, but now i am hooked not on the same level as Buffy but hooked never the less, the show is definetly aimed at an older audience then its 'mother' show. Wolfram and Hart & Lorne rock not to mention the hotness of Cordy and Winifred, being a UK resident we haven't had chance to see season 5 but with the arrival of Spike, i can't wait.

Darth Bandon
I pm'ed the link BarmyBrummie.

BarmyBrummie
I know, Thanx again Darth! Can't wait to see the new season in january.

Lord Soth
The show is so much better with Spike added into the mix

Darth Bandon
True.

bunnies = omens
I see Buffy has a thread so Angel should have one as its also a great show.

Anyone else like it?

Fave characters? eps? seasons?

Cordy is my favorite character, I have many fave eps and the best season imo in S4

Im also a connor luver, stop the hate!

wicker_man
Angel rocks, although my favourite is Buffy, i think Angel is a pretty damn good spin off.

BTW Bunnies glad to see you on here m8.

bunnies = omens
Hey Will, you showed me the light and i joined big grin

Buffy is also my fave but sometimes I foget this is a spin-off it is so good.

wicker_man
Why thank you, its a damn good site, i practically live on here.

BarmyBrummie
Angel rox my world!!!! Angels my favourite character of course but I love Lorne too. The best season so far....erm
1st)season 1
2nd)season 4
3rd)season 3
4th)season 2
My favourite episodes are The Ring, That Old Gang O Mine and In the Dark.

Lord Soth
ANGEL ROCKS!!!!! My favorite characters are Angel (of course) and Wesley Wyndam-Price big grin

bunnies = omens
Oh cool some fellow Angel fans smile

I loved Wesley in season 1, he was so funny! Then he got all rugged in s3/4 which is also good wink

so what do you think of Connor? He has a lot of haters but I thought he was cool.

total metalhead
Angel's cool. definitely better than Buffy yes

fave characters Lorne and Gunn.

Fire
sucks as much as buffy

BarmyBrummie
I didn't like connor at all. When he fought alomg side angel i liked him but when he was against angel he really pi$sed me off.

bunnies = omens
Angel does piss me off so it was cool for someone to piss him off yet be so much like him lol.

I miss Cordy & Angel sad

BarmyBrummie
you don't like angel????

bunnies = omens
I do like him but he does piss me off sometimes with his brooding an all, I loved Spike haunting him that was quality stuff

BarmyBrummie
Spike haunting him??? When??? Oh have you seen the promo for the new series, apparently the 100th episode will be CORDELIA RETURNS!!!

bunnies = omens
Oh sorry i thought you were american lol (even though your loc says england lol)

I will highlight spoilers in future.

I have see up to episode 8 of the new series and i really hope Cordy comes back if even for a little while. I was glad to see Charisma was at the 100th ep bash big grin

BarmyBrummie
How have you seen the episodes if you're in the U.K? They don't start on sky one until next week.

bunnies = omens
Shh downloading wink

The new season is brilliant by the way, the whole W&H thing is still a mystery though

The Unknown
I think that she's only a guest star for that one episode.

BarmyBrummie
Yeah i know but at least shes back!!! Any cordelia is good even if it's only a guest.

bunnies = omens
I hope they wrap up her story well, and i hope she doesnt die i hope shes around for the final episode (wenever that may be).

Apparently Vincent Kartheiser is contracted for at least one ep this season as well.

Lord Soth
Lorne's awesome laughing

BarmyBrummie
Lorne rox my sox!!

bunnies = omens
Yes Lorne is hallarious and the names he has for some of them lol!

There is a Lorne centric episode in S5 big grin

BarmyBrummie
Theres a lorne centric episode in season 5?? Cool!! I loved 'The House Always Wins' in season 4. He needs more episodes focused on him.

bunnies = omens
Oh I loved 'the house always wins'

this is a bit about the Lorne ep in S5, you dont have to read it

Spoilers Ahead
Lorne is head of the entertainment section at W&H so he does the office halloween party but W&H had his sleep removed so something goes wrong and everything he sais comes true (sort of like Willow in 'something blue') like he says Gunn was marking his terrotory so Gunn starts peeing all over W&H lol!
And Spike dancing to the worst music ever.
It is hallarious!

End of SPOILERS!

Darth Vicious
I like that geeky girl Fred, she is so freaking hot and the show itself its been pretty light this past season, aside from Fred and Spikes jokes i wouldnt watch it too much!

Lord Soth
I love that episode! laughing

bunnies = omens
I love Fred to shes cool. My fave episode from the new season so far is probably 'hellbound', 'just rewards' was also cool.

Plym
Me loves Angel!
I've seen the first 8 episodes of Season 5 too. Can't wait for the 14th wink

My fave eps are Sactuary, Are You Now or Have You Ever Been and Sleep Tight

wicker_man
Season 5 doesn't start over here in the UK until the 13th of January sad , oh well not long now i suppose.

bunnies = omens
love

BarmyBrummie
'Are you now or have you ever been' How could i f*ckin forget that one. It's my 2nd most favourite ever episode. My first is 'The Ring'. Love the ending when they realise they set a whole bunch of demons free. laughing out loud

BarmyBrummie
Can someone tell me about the first episode of the new series please, i can't wait until tuesday!

Plym
Its called Conviction and mostly deals with how Angel and the gang have to help bad demons now they are with W&H or they will run out of business
And old friend appears at the end...

BarmyBrummie
SPIKE!!!! They have to help bad demons? So thats the catch huh?

bunnies = omens
Episode 1 isnt much spike, he only appears at the end, wait until episode 2 though big grin

Lord Soth
That was quite I surprise when I first saw it

Dogbert
does anybody know when new episodes start?

Sc0rchy
spike would have to be my fav, though fred's a close second (ditziness makes me laugh)

Lord Soth
I'm watching the episode where Spike meets The Reaper right now. I love it big grin

bunnies = omens
I think its the 14th for the 9th episode in US
and S5 starts on the 13th in the UK

BarmyBrummie
Why is spike back from the dead-AGAIN- anyway. What was the explanation for it. Was it something to do with that necklace angel gave to buffy that spike wore in the final battle?

Lord Soth
The necklace apparently contained Spike's life-force in the amulet, and then it released him again in Wolfram and Hart

BarmyBrummie
Oh good explanation i suppose but the part where he conveniently comes back in wolfram and hart right infront of angel... shifty Someone must have returned the amulet for that to work so who returned it?

bunnies = omens
There is still no explanation as to how the amulet came back, it just came in the mail lol. I reckon they will come up with something later to explain it though.

Im liking Harmony so far, she is an annoying character but they seem to have her just right in Angel, shes not on to often but when she is shes Funny!

BarmyBrummie
Oh i know i know. Christian kane a.k.a Lindsey sent it back cus he is in league with eve and he said that it was a start that angel and spike were fighting and he wants spike to take over and boot angel out.
Found it on a site somewhere with pics of them both.

Lord Soth
That's a pretty good explanation. I like it when Spike became corporeal again big grin

BarmyBrummie
2 days until new episodes Whoo!

The Unknown
I'm so pissed. On TNT, it got up to the Season 3 finale, and the started it over again! I'm going to have to wait like four months until I can see all of Season 4.

Lord Soth
I'm too confused when I'm watching, so I'm just gonna get 'em on DVD

BarmyBrummie
1 day to go for me!! Whoooooo!!!!!

BarmyBrummie
YAY!! What an opening!!! And SPIKES in the credits!!!! I'm going to miss cordelia though but i don't think they could have found a better replacement than Spike

total metalhead
and Harmony yes

BarmyBrummie
Yeah, and harmony big grin The ending had me cracking up when spike comes back and angel and wes are like 'spike' in a really bad tone and then harmony runs in all cheery and ses 'blondie bunny!' At least i think thats what she said. I was creasing at that.

Lord Soth
AAAAAH! Spiler tags, please! I haven't seen this yet, it's on tonight! (for my area)

Lord Soth
Okay, I've see the new episode. I felt so bad for Harmony! It was hilarious, though

SpikeSpiegel
I've read what happens in the 100th episode it looks really cool

BarmyBrummie
TELL ME TELL ME TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

SpikeSpiegel
Here

The Unknown
I read that Season 3 is coming out on DVD on February 10, and Season 4 is coming out on March 1.

BarmyBrummie

SpikeSpiegel
S3 is out on DVD in the UK already, and I've got it big grin

snlovergirl
season 3 comes out in the U.S. in February. i havent bought any of the angel seasons yet but i have buffy s1, and s3-s5.

Dogbert
just saw the new episode...this show leaves me more on the edge every week! it get me so angry! big grin

bluestrawberry
I only really eva watched a few episodes, but now they've got spike its cool. I never saw many wid Connor, it seemed a bit confusing. I thought Harmonys entrance woz funny.

Dogbert
connor was a bum mad i really didn't like him on the show... i'm glad they cut his ass.
the worst was when he started shagging cordelia... sick

BarmyBrummie
that was just disturbing and sick sick sick sick sick sick

The Unknown
Joss Whedon said in an interview that if Vincent's available, then the Connor ordeal will return.

Dogbert
sick sick sick GOD NO!!!

BarmyBrummie
OMG just kill me now!!!! I would never watch another episode with connor in again, he sux sicksicksick

Lord Soth
i've never seen an episode w/ Connor, I only got into the show recently

Dogbert
i didn't see the episodes w\ doyle n most of the 1st season... erm
there shuld DEFINETLY be sum kind of petition to keep connor from coming bak on. yes

BarmyBrummie
yeah, WE HATE CONNER!!!

Darth Bandon
Last nights episode was great.

The Unknown
I don't have WB, but I found out that it does come on at like 2:30 in the morning, lol.

I didn't really have a problem with Connor on the show.

Dogbert
i dunno how u like him, but w\e
i really hope they don't let him back on to ruin the show n e more
yesterday's episode was pretty good DB

Lord Soth
Yeah, that kicked ass....Spike actually being serious and remorseful......

Darth Bandon
And Andrew grew a pair when he confronted Angel with all those slayers. That was great.

Lord Soth
That was momentus and funny at the same time

Darth Bandon
Well, Cordy is dead. Tonights episode was good.

Dogbert
sad So sad about cordy...
I hope that lindsay bi*ch gets what he's got coming to him big grin

reander
Loving S.5. Specially Hellbound. That was darn scary as far as scary can go on Angel.

I always found Conner annoying, and i liked the eppys w/ Doyle in them.

BarmyBrummie
ARGGHHHHHH CORDY DIES?!?!?!?!?!?! What has lindsey got to do with it?!?!?!?!?! What episode number is this??!?!?!?!

total metalhead
i wasnt too cracked up about Cordy. Harmony will always be number 1 to me.

Ahnold
I have a question - how did cordy get out of the boring white light place in Season Four?

Darth Bandon
Also Lindsey got taken away by the senior partners and before she died Cordy helped Angel remember that he is a hero and champion, not a W&H puppet.

Lord Soth
I think Cordy dying is symbolic, and is actually a very beautiful end to her story

BOPRecruit 16
omg! sorry to say this, but i gotta. OMG! CHRISTIAN KAINE IS SO DAMN HOT!!! love anyways...wednesday's epi was great. esp. the part where angel and harmony beat up eve. *cheers and dances about* i was surprised to find out that cordy was dead at the end. but i thought it was a nice touch that she guided angel back onto the right path before she left. i hope eve won't come back and cause mayhem...but you know she will! it's eminite.

~*Angel_Wingz*~
i lurve angel and i dont like spike in angel!! lol i missed the first ep wot happened? and i missed the 4th ep lol

BarmyBrummie
o.k, HOW THE HELL DID CORDY DIE?!?!?!

american_eagle
i love these series, you have to watch both of them to get it, i like it. when a character from one series onto the other, its kind of exciting.

american_eagle
on wendesday it was Angels 100th episode! i thought it was funny

Darth Bandon
Natural causes.

The Unknown
You're supposed to put stuff like that in Spoiler mode! I was going to watch it tonight, but now you've ruined it! Lol

Darth Bandon
Sorry.

BarmyBrummie
natural causes? like a brain tumor cus of the visions or something?

Darth Bandon
She just died. There was no one reason.

The Unknown
So was that girl in Cordelia's room supposed to be her and that's why she quickly closed the curtains?

Darth Bandon
Yes.

Alar
this may be only UK, i dunno. But in the latest ep of Angel, (Hell Bound) replayin on sky 1 tonight at i think 11pm...(haha)

did u all c James? he was kinda naked, but strangly enough that wasnt the best part....

I just over drooled and died from dehydration wen his clothes came back on..OMG did u c that!!???!!!??!?!?!?!?!

mmmmmmmmmmm *barks, purrs and meows all at the same time*

so, does any1 know whats gonna happen to him, now that he's stayin a ghosty thingi?? and now he knows the sorta stuff he can do?

im really interested in his character, and where its goin in Angel. Is he doomed to be good???

VengeanceGOD
Do you really want to know? I'll spoiler tag it anyway.

He gets physical form real fast, and stays good. In fact, it seems to be Angel who's getting eviler and eviler...

Ahnold
I can't believe it,

I read an article at "zap 2 it.com" and it's been confirmed - after s5, it's all over for angel. To put it mildly, I'm angry! Angry and bewildered! Why, WB, why? Why would you cancel a show just when it was getting sooo good? Why now, when the fan base is stronger then ever? Why now, when you just aired the superb 100th episode? Why now, on bloody Valentine's Day?! Why, WB, why?

More than anything, I feel bad for the cast, who do a superb job each week, and in particular to Joss. Can you imagine? His three shows all ended in the space of a year! It's awful! It's an injustice! After Buffy ended, I could at least take solace in the fact that this world would go on in "Angel" - but now? Sigh. With this and Friends and Frasier being cancelled I'm goin nuts here! If those network jerks cancel "Smallville" too I'm gonna have some strong words with them!!!

A truly sad ending to a truly great show.

For the full article, see http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html

Ahnold

velvetina
Is it possible that another channel might buy it, as it is sooo popular? didn't this happen to Buffy?

Hope so!

Ahnold
It's possible, but that's what they said about "Firefly" too. Damn it!

Ahnold
Oh this just gets worse and worse. The WB have released an offical statement confirming everything that's been said here. Damn!

It can be found at http://thewb.com/PressRelease/Index/0,8341,156980,00.html

Ahnold
Listen, I can't post it here cos it would be considered spam - but be aware that there is an online petition at the usual place for such things to get Angel revived. And even if we don't resurrect Angel we can at least crash their inboxes!

Dogbert
Wow... no expression This sucks sad I can't believe they are canceling it... sad sad

Ahnold
Tell me about it. Damn...

If you're that unhappy, why not do something about it? Sign the petition! If everyone who feels this way did that, we might be able to save the show!

BarmyBrummie
eek! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh yeah and not forgetting.... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Ahnold
I feel your pain...

Again, sign the petition! Make a difference!

snlovergirl
the WB has just gone tooo far now! i used to watch the wb almost every night. now all their programs suck! however i did read that they might leave the option open of doing some tv movies of angel, i can only hope and pray! oh, i read that at www.comingsoon.net if u want toi check it out.

Punker69
Im not a fan of angel but it is unwise to cancel.Angel is one of the strong points of the wbs ratings getting 4.5 million a week estimated.Its in the wbs top 5 shows.7th heaven is number one with smallville at second.I dont they canceled the show because there not that stupid.I think it had something to do with the actors.I havent read the full story that Ahnold gave just incase your wondering.But if anybody ever cancels smallville theyll have a bone to pick with me in the boxing ring and believe me it wont be pretty.

Darth Bandon
WB sucks.

Punker69
I only like smallvill and JKX other than that it indeed does suk

Ahnold
Punker 69> Trust me, this has nothing to do with the actors! Lemme explain it to you: Angel has a core fan base of a couple of million people. That's good, you might say. BUT - the problem is that those ratings are hardly likely to go any higher than they are now. For the next tv year, the WB are purchasing loads of expensive shows; and considering that Angel isn't exactly cheap to make, it doesn't make financial sense to keep it going. The same goes for the possibility of other networks picking it up; the income-viewer ratio is just not that high...

And snlovergirl, there may be some Tv movies, as you said. At this point, I shall frankly take anything I can get!

And they damn well better not cancel Smallville too!!!

In closing, I must again remind everyone - sign the online petition! If everyone who feels bad does it, we can easily work up a couple of hundred thousand signatures that just might do the trick...

Ahnold
Joss just posted on the Beta Bronze board about the news. Here goes:

"Some of you may have heard the hilarious news. I thought this would be a good time to weigh in. to answer some obvious questions: no, we had no idea this was coming; yes, we will finish out the season; no, I don't think the WB is doing the right thing; yes, I'm grateful they did it early enough for my people to find other jobs.

And yes, my heart is breaking.

When Buffy ended, I was tapped out and ready to send it off. When Firefly got the axe, I went into a state of denial so huge it may very well cause a movie. But Angel... we really were starting to feel like we were on top, hitting our stride -- and then we strode right into the Pit of Snakes 'n' Lava. I'm so into these characters, these actors, the situations we're building... you wanna know how I feel? Watch the first act of "The Body."

As far as TV movies or whatever, I'm not thinking that far ahead. I actually hope my actors and writers are all too busy. We always planned this season finale to be a great capper to the season and the show in general. (And a great platform for a new season, of course.) We'll proceed ahead as planned.

I've never made mainstream TV very well. I like surprises, and TV isn't about surprises, unless the surprise is who gets voted off of something. I've been lucky to sneak this strange, strange show over the airwaves for as long as I have. I don't FEEL lucky, but I understand that I am.

Thanks all for your support, your community, and your perfectly sane devotion. It's meant a lot. I regret nothing (except the string of grisley murders in the 80's -- what was THAT all about?)

Ahnold
And:

"Remember the words of the poet:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn."

See you soon."

Joss

Ahnold
Poor Joss...

Ahnold
Here's another suggestion - email the WB at [email protected]

Be courteous, astute, and brief in your comments - if there are enough, we just might save the show...

Ushgarak
You won't save the show. Petitions like this are so old hat now, TV Execs see them as a humurous by-product of cancellation.

Ahnold
Perhaps - but what about the e-mails? If Angel's future is still up in the air, then a sufficiant amount of e-mails might JUST do the trick...

Ahnold
Plus - the petition has had, as of now, 20,000 signatures! That's after less than two days! And the news hasn't even become widespread yet! C'mon - the WB won't respond to that?

Punker69
it wont believe me it wont.

The Unknown
Though I wish it wasn't true, I can somewhat understand why it would be cancelled. To me, Season 5 is too different than the other seasons (i.e. them working for Wolfram and Hart, killing off Cordelia, and not having Lilah). At least they still have Smallville and Charmed, but maybe UPN will pick them up.

Punker69
I think charmed is stupid.UPN will probaly buy it.If they do it will be there most watched show.It would be a good move on UPNs part.

Darth Bandon
I'm just going to stop watching WB.

sith_darth_jay
roswell was supossed to be cancelled after season 1, but fans protested about it, and the show went on for 2 more seasons, i love to say that the same thing could happen for angel, i love that show, and tv wouldn't be the same without it.....

Ahnold
As much as I'd like this to be true, it's unlikely. The viewer-cost ratio is just too low. I've expanded on this more on page 1.

Having said that, it might still happen! E-mail the WB! Sign the petition! Perhaps we still can save the show!

Punker69
Alot of people watch this show.Its one of the wbs top shows.I dont know why they would cancle it unless it the actors fault.

Ahnold
Again - see what I wrote on page 1...

caballera
i am so pissed. i've for the moment been consoling myself by going to www.budweiser.com/1 which is running an interview- pics feature on eliza dushku. go check it out.

Shoukan
i am ever so pissed...Angel is one of my favorite shows

caballera
it's in my opinion, one of if not the best on television right now. i read there was a 22% increase in viewers since last season, so hopefully it's not permanently doomed. maybe UPN will pick it up.

Darth Bandon
I would love UPN if they did that.

caballera
It doesn't make sense for them not to. the only major concern with a show like that is production cost, but it would be an investment similar to the one UPN made when taking on Buffy. That worked out pretty well for them, so maybe they'll do it. Here's hoping.

Lord Soth
Damn them all. But at least there's a movie on the table, huh? ~hopeful smile~

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>