Keepin' dah funk alive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vampiree
OK, so anybody here listening to Bootsy Collins? ANYBODY? Funkadelic? The Rubber Band? ANYONE?

Vampiree
*sigh!* noooooooooo oneeeeee.....

DezW
no... sorry...
but you, the powerless vampire love funky? smile

Vampiree
of course i love da funk!!!! everybody loves funk!!! now i don't understand why this 'everybody' didn't reply to my topic.... hmmm....
YOU PEOPLE ARE HOPELESS!!! HOW CAN YOU KNOW SNOOP DOGG BUT DON'T KNOW BOOTSY COLLINS!!!!

DezW
who is Snoop Dogg? big grin

Vampiree
hahaha dez... don't try to make me happy now... hopeless ones!!! big grin

DezW
lets attack the others! what do you think my dear vampire? devil

DezW
so who is Bootsy?

Vampiree
yeah... we'll kill them sad
bottsy collins is a great funk artist, he started in the mid 70's you can learn a lot about him at
www.bootsycollins.com
most about his new album big grin

DezW
I know I knoooow... but we should talk more about him here big grin
so when did he born?

Vampiree
why should i know that? i'm not his mother big grin *yawn*... jeez i gotta study so i am here but i'm not here, understood? ciao dezzie!

Vampiree
mwahahhaa i'm back!

madsci
anything parliament/funkadelic is nothing short of amazing. along with george clinton and fred wesley, they made amazing music together.

interesting funk facts...

are you aware that bootsy collins was a member of james brown's band before george clinton lured him away to the p-funk? i believe in the beginning of "get up for the down stroke", there is a diss/response to what brown is saying in the song "payback"... "i'm mad!"

also, he worked with roger troutman on the first zapp album..."more bounce to the ounce"

madsci
hip hop purist

stinkfist462
WHO THE HELL IS BOOTSY!!

Vampiree
madsci!!!! i love you!!! at last someone who knows bootsy! he's soooo amazing big grin i love hi albums with hte rubber band in the 70's but also 'fresh outta 'p' university' which is his best album i think big grin

madsci
in regards to the funk...sleep well roger troutman...he was the s#!t. use to have his albums, zapp I,II,III on vinyl, but have since lost them. i do have an japanese import cd of "the many facets of roger", tight album. "so ruff, so tuff" and "...grapevine"

for anyone who doesn't know who bootsy is, he's the funky lookin' skinny black man who wears star-shaped sunglasses and a lot of sequins on his outfits (kinda like the black elton john, but funkier). he made a cameo on the dee-lite song/video "the groove is in the heart" some time ago (i think i'm dating myself with that reference).

madsci
hip hop purist

Vampiree
big grin hehe i used to describe him as snoop's uncle but the poor fools who don't like funk didn't get it big grin
ppl, you had to hear his ...kkinda new song 'play with bootsy' i don't like it but mtv was airing it 24/7!
mad: you LOST vinyl albums??????? AAAAAHHH... i would kill for those ones you mentioned...
and yeah big grin bootsy, his glasses and his guitar big grin i see if i can get some bootsy pics big grin

GABRIEL05
HOw can YOU know about Bootsy, and not know about SunRa?...hopelessness is really a point of view.

Vampiree
kill me! i like what i like! i was just suprised that ALMOST nobody here knows bootsy!

GABRIEL05
I'm just curious, cuz P-Funk, Earth Wind Fire, all those funky "space themed" bands got a lot of their stuff from an OLD jazz band leader named Sun Ra. He started the crazy costumes, and space themes. Bootsy even got the idea for the star glasses from him!

Of course they're still the shizznit, it's just that I'm all about giving credit where credit is due and whatnot.

Vampiree
big grin oh! i almost forgot how much i love earth, wind and fire big grin
'boogie wonderlaaaaaaaaaaaaand!' i don't know sun ra big grin sorry, maybe i'm' a lil too young for that all, though i know bootsy and ew&f big grin bootsy is very original, you can't mistake him with anyone else, eh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.