Saddam has been captured!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Just heard the news on CNN - it's for real, I promise {there was video footage of him in coalition custody}. Apparantly, he's been living in a hole for all this time with two aides, two rifles, a pistol, and $750,000. I can't believe it.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate - just thought it was interesting. That's all...

cermiestar
i heard that too...... they're going to kill him aren't they?

JKozzy
HE WAS CAPTURED!!!! THE BASTARD WAS CAPTURED!! HAHAHA YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!
He'd better have had fun in that hole with himself, cuz he ain't gona be in heaven now, lemme tell you that... big grinbig grin

(edit: Sorry there was already another thread.... but wow, excitement!! yes )

JKozzy
*hopes*
Cruel but... he deserves his

cermiestar
will they kill him?

must_kill_Santa
i heard they were gonna take him to some place first and try him for cruellyty to humanity or summin i was half asleep

cermiestar
i don't think he should be killed

JKozzy
Eventually, a lot of people would want that, but since it's all democratic and he's being cooperative, he's trying to survive, but people will look for any excuse for him to be pushin' up them daisies....

cermiestar
i don't think thy should kill him....

Storm
eek! omg, it' s true

nazgulinthedark
no he should be tortured, then die a slow and painful death due to injuries evil face

cermiestar
indeed it is!

JKozzy
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031214/lthumb.lon80312141246.mideast_iraq_saddam_lon803.jpg
big grin

cermiestar
i hope they don't kill him

JKozzy
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031214/lthumb.lon80312141246.mideast_iraq_saddam_lon803.jpg
He already looks dead....

cermiestar
woah he looks rough

cermiestar
he looks like santa....

nazgulinthedark
yes scragaly

Storm
these 2 threads are a tad confusing messed

nazgulinthedark
laughing

JKozzy
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2003/images/12/14/top.saddam.close.jpg

JKozzy
He=muy muy screwed yes

nazgulinthedark
they're two threads?

cermiestar
poor guy

JKozzy
Saddam ain't getting presents, or coal for Xmas... just a good beating or two methinks.... and he ain't no Santa... what he gave those people in Iraq is just.... mad

cermiestar
well...with the beard and all....mind you....wouldn't want any gifts he might bring...

JKozzy
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031214/lthumb.fra11812141236.mideast_iraq_saddam_fra118.jpg
Yeah, you're reeeeall cool Saddam.... you just keep waving that gun... laughing

Ahnold
Aw Koz-man I created a thread about this on the OT forum a half hour before you did!

JKozzy

Ahnold
Having to live with the knowledge that his sons were brutally killed should be torture enough...

JKozzy
That man is evil incarnate... I have no sympathy whatsoever for him. He did all this sh*t to his country, he deserves whatever's coming for him. He's lucky we don't turn him over to the citizens of Iraq and have them hang him by his balls...

JKozzy
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20031214/s/r4254267189.jpg
He's sooo done....
(Left= Before shaving, Right=After shaving)

Ahnold
Having said that, he should still have to pay dearly for what he's done...

JKozzy
www.msnbc.com has Live Video Coverage...... yes

Dirty Vader
That b*****d Bush is gonna make one of his action movie speeches again.

JKozzy
...and Bush may be making his speech at 9AM, or sometime very soon...
Speech will translate to: "Haha, I have your candy ass right where I want it, and you're screwed so unbelievably much that it's impossible to get out of anything now..."

BLACKANGEL
HES CAUGHT YEA HE CAUGHT

BLACKANGEL
HE CAUGHT YEA HE CAUGHT

Ushgarak
Merged and moving to GDF.

Fire
well then they will probably sentence him to death, not sure if Iraq still has the death sentence tho

anyhow he doesn't deserve it noone deserves the death penalty

for saddam death would be a relief

clavis9495
well it would be a relief for the rest of the world too so why not?

JKozzy
Thanks Ush! big grin

So true...

G.P
No, they won't

G.P
I'm not sure : if he had wanted to commit suicide, he could have done it. Dying while resisting the US Army would have been the most glorious death he could have got, because that would have made him a hero. So I don't think death would be a relief.

He will compulsorily be tried, but now we've got still to know when and who'll do this : the hypothesis of an international court is impossible, for the Americans don't recognise it and it would be an oppurtunity for Saddam's lawyers to call the US intervention into question (remember they had officially no right to intervene) ; the best solution then would be a trial in Iraq, but the U.S would have to wait till an election takes place... So the trial may take place in a long time, and Saddam could die in the process (I heard that French doctors that had examined S.H had reported that he has a serious cancer...)

Ushgarak
Not relevant; the UN gave retrospective backing to the occupation which is all that court needs.

But it would certainly cause custody issues that the US could not accept.

In the end, lucky the US found him; if the UK had done so we woulkd havre had a diplomatic nightmare.

G.P
Not that irrelevant : as a matter of fact, he would have done the same thing as Milosevic : use the court as a means to attack those who had intervened in his country's affairs. (even though the intervention was backed by the UN )

BingaBonga
why would they kill him? they have so many questions to ask him... he might be setenced to death though... but for now, no.

Will
Where was he found I heard it on the news but I forgot

JKozzy
In a hole! laughing

Captain REX
Hey, the US military captured Saddam for my birthday! stick out tongue

KidRock
i say what any decent hard working governement would do to a crimal

Lynch him up in the town square and let the people have there way

Tex
Saddam's captured!
I feel so much safer!
This will really prevent further US terrorist attacks!
roll eyes (sarcastic)

russ_mathers
see how mashed up he looked? i hope they kill him. they just gotta catch bidladen and its all over

yerssot
so, basicly you want to be a beast and kill people?
nice to know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gotwa
Not true Tex.

yerssot
he was being sarcastic

silver_tears
cruelty towards others is not the answer....
this just instills more hate into the world....
and who is to say there wont be someone else like him out there looking for revenge after this....

lil bitchiness
Exactly, i agree with Irene!

I dont think they will kill him, by killing him they wqill make another 10 of Saddams...all this comotion is making him a marthyr for all the US haters...same with Osama Bin Laden...

samhain
I think it's mightily convenient that they caught him on the first day of christmas, and that no shots were fired. Does anyone else think that the coalition might have caught him a while ago?

yerssot
I feel this will get to be a rather ... touchy subject soon

JRatT12
NO He will be killed. Not by the U.S but by the Iraqs after the trial

yerssot
what makes you think that?

Will
Anyone got a pic of him wen he was caught?

badkittykitty
heres one...looking a bit grizzled

ash007
i hope he gets a fair trial even though he didn't gove his own people one.

i also hope he gets life in prison not death becuase i would see death as a easy way out and he would be a martyer to alot of people.

BackFire
Good, I could care less whether he lives or dies, just so long as he no longer has any power.

samhain
KILL HIM. Then go and do Tony and George as well.

SilverFighter
I'm soooo happy that filthy murdering PIG has been caught!!!!! Finally Justice will be served and Saddam will not be spared. This is a great day in the history of the world.....ANOTHER DICTATOR BITES THE DUST!! Good job coalition forces now try to find that other monster Bin Ladin and this world can be bit more safer (so I hope)

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i say dont kill him. he should feel more pain than to die fast. just IMO cuz all he did.

yerssot
now to catch the biggest of them all... Bush jr. THAN we'll be safe

diegocala
Not you waffle boy laughing out loud

SilverFighter
One thing is for sure Bush Sr. must be as drunk as hell with all the news.

G.P
You aren't a victim of American media propaganda, are you ?

SilverFighter
Nope I'm not a victim of American, or British, or even French/German media propaganda.

Evil Dead
#1. I'm extremely happy he is caught. Hopefully now that he is captured the relatively few loyalists he has in Iraq will realize that he can never be in power again and stop with their attacks on Coalition forces. Without his loyalists attacking Coalition forces, peace can be enforced and a new Iraqi government can be formed allowing all of our Coalition troops to return to their respective countries and families.

#2. The idea I've been seeing around most of the news sites is for him to be tried in Iraq. How this could happen, I do not know. What Iraqi law did he break? As the dictator of his country, no Iraqi law applied to him. He made them as he saw fit.........I just don't see how this can happen.

I believe he will probably stand trial in front of an international council......for crimes committed against humanity. Just as Nazi war criminals were subjected to. I'd look for a life sentence to be handed down........no exile........no death penalty. Life in prison is my best guess.

lil bitchiness
Well said man, well said! yes

What? Saddam is captured..ok whatever, i wander what the next excuse for dropping bombs on a country would be?!

System of a Down said it best in the song 'Boom'! yes

lil bitchiness
What about Bush? When will he stand in front of the international court answering for his crimes against humanity?

diegocala
Hey Evil...Hate to tell you this but
#1 Nothing will change
#2 Go ask the Kurds what laws he broke

yerssot
reread that
they will stop because of that? if anything, they will make more attacks!

oh, and lil bit, the US government CONVINIENTLY doesn't accept the tribunal in Den Haag roll eyes (sarcastic)

diegocala
laughing

Mr Parker
Yeah I myself just heard about it from a friend today,I was baffled and had no idea what he was talking about.

lil bitchiness
You serious?!

Well...i guess its ok for Bush but not for everyone else roll eyes (sarcastic)

SilverFighter
Den Haag? What's that?

lil bitchiness
Well, im glad i can say something quite true and make you laugh hystericly..im glad i can make people happy...

Why would that be funny...roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
I am serious,
and the only reason they don't is that otherwise their army would get charged every day ... not to mention bush himself (not that he started not accepting it; mind you)

lil bitchiness
That is so true!!! laughing out loud soooo true!!

julibug
Well, I hope good comes of his capture. At least he got a physical out of it.

yerssot
AND a free shaving smile

julibug
Yup. Probably some decent food, too.

lil bitchiness
lol..so true!

BackFire
If saddam goes to a normal prison you know he'll be killed by one of the other inmates, probably raped as well. I have no problem with either of these.

lil bitchiness
Thats hoprrible....

You are just supporting the same thing you are condaming Saddam for...

julibug
Ick. You're probably right, but ick....ick...ick!

BackFire
Of course he has it coming.

lil bitchiness
Well then you are supporting rape and killing.....if you are supporting it, then how can you condem the person who has been doing it..for the past, however long..?

BackFire
I'm supporting it being done to someone who deserves it, as punishment for similar acts, I'm not supporting it done to an innocent person.

SilverFighter
Rape and Killing are horrible things but when someone with the reputation of Saddam gets it........well.. maybe....no.....I dunno.

lil bitchiness
So you say 'eye for an eye', right?

BackFire
In a case as drastic as saddams, yes

lil bitchiness
confused In that case...i wander what would be coming to Bush..if we look at extreame cases...

SilverFighter
Saddam should get the Electric Chair and let Iraqi victims pull the switch....yeah that's justice for me.

lil bitchiness
Hes shagged, no doubt about it...now that hes captured..

BackFire
Sadam is unarguably much worse and much more evil then Bush, no matter how you slice it.

Besides, it's becoming too trendy to hate Bush these days, he's a moron, but comparing him to Saddam is kinda silly.

LanceWindu
Now that's a present and a half!

lil bitchiness
Dropping bombs on innocent people and claiming it was an accident or claiming that victims are necessary...how is that not doing what Saddam has been doing..killing innocent people...

Bush, SAddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden and Tony Blair are all the same( ok Tony is not as bad, hes just a moron and a suck up..not his fault his dumb as a mule (and twice as ugly))

julibug

julibug
I don't see Bush or Tony as being in the same category as Saddam, but I don't agree with everything they do/have done, either. I hate politics!!!!

lil bitchiness
You're right....hate them too...politics..pfft, all politicions are liers...

yerssot
perhaps you not, buggie, but for me, at least Bush is as guilty as saddam

SilverFighter
Worst type of politics are Dictators and Emperors.

lil bitchiness
At least one person agrees! big grin

BackFire
Saddam does it conciously, Bush just does it because his mental capacity causes him to mess up alot. With the amount of idiocy emmitting from Bush, you should be happy he hasn't lauched a nuke by accident.

yerssot
oh, you will find out lil bit that over here 95% of the population think bush is the biggest treat to worldpeace

(the other 5 are probably diplomats)

finti
cant compare Bush and Saddam, thats a foolish thing to even suggest that they are equal. i am no Bush suporter but there is a reality to this.

yerssot
yeah, Saddam is the one who'll get nailed, bush is the one who gets away with everything unharmed

finti
Bush never slaughtered 5000 innocent with nerve gas, bush never suppressed the majority of a nation, Bush never invaded its neighbor countries. Bush does a lot of thing wrong but to compare him with Saddam is nothing but plain idiocy

lil bitchiness
Bush is a discrase...dropping bombs on civilians..shamfull! Do you know how long they have been bombing iraq? Its 14 years now...and they still keep on bombing...

United Nations said no to moving troops into Iraq, but Bush did it anyways....is bush above international law? Is it all an accident? Did he not understand ''you may NOT move in your troops and bomb Iraq''?
He claims that most killings are an accident...dropped bombes accedentaly on civilians...i'll give you that...

lil bitchiness
Go yerss!! You are my man!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clap.gif

yerssot
oh, but with his war and "colleteral damage" his deadrate is around the 5000, rest assure
bush went on with the wars even after massive demonstrations in his country

true, bush never invaded a neighbour country ... (though no one would mind if he invaded Canaduh wink)

lil bitchiness
He never supressed the majority of a nation?! Please tell me you're joking!

finti
in an enlighted deocracy people are allowed to dissagre with its own country being at war. Try to imagine if some Iraqis demonstrate in the streets of Bagdad against the Iraq invasion of Kuwait.

julibug
Exactly, no one has been killed for voicing opposition. If American government had brutal control over it citizens, there would be people dissappearing off of this board! Please understand that I don't agree with a lot of crap that is done around here, but I'm not afraid of Bush as most Iraqis were of Saddam.

finti
what majority does Bush supress Ill bitchiness

yerssot
no, he isn't ... they bribe them wink

what about your famous patriotic act?

SilverFighter
Bush does not supress me here in America so I don't see why comparing Bush to Saddam does any good. I don't support his candidacy cuz I'm independent voter.

lil bitchiness
Majority of Americans!!

I cant believe people belive that they are living in a democracy! What democracy is that in America and UK! Bush lost on people's vote....he wont on the on the 'parlament'' or whatever else is called in America vote...and the voding was donme twice!!

There are many people in Amreica that dont support the war, and Bush doesnt care...

I sure agree its no Iraq in America...freedom of protest...but people do protest and nothing happend did it!

BackFire
Good, protestors are morons who shouldn't be listened too anyways.

yerssot
let it rest lil bit, I've been her long enough to know that not a single american knows or wants to admit that the entire election was a fraud

julibug
Well, actually he won on the votes of the elctoral college, which is the system we've used for years. I'm not sure if we should continue it's use - I've heard good arguments on both sides. As to the nation's support - it's really near 50/50, and has been throughout most of the war.

Yerss, what part of the patriot act were you referring to? I have it open in another browser window & am scanning through it. It seems to provide pretty good protection to Arab-Americans.

SilverFighter
Ah come on yerssot are you reading those Democratic pamphlets? I'm independent and I don't think the election was a fraud.

BackFire
I'll admit that, I've thought that from the beginning.

finti
Well in America it doesnt have to be a 100% vote to get elected, Bush won the states with the most electoral seats, thats what counts, it is their system and according to their system he won.
And why should things happen if a bunch of people protesting against the war in the States, there were a pretty large majority who supported the war rather than was against it. But those pro people dont hit the streets to whine whenever their will aint met

lil bitchiness
Ok yerss, agreed! But man, i have never agreed with anyone so much about this war and its situation as much as i agree with you yes

yerssot
it gives up your privacy, that's the problem

no, I don't read any pamflets, I use common sense wink

lil bitchiness
Is thats what its called? Electorial college? blink Is that equivelent of a parlament?

SilverFighter
Yes common sense is your best source big grin

julibug
Check it out: http://www.thegully.com/essays/america/001110electoral_votes.html

diegocala
Yeah, wasn't it Ozzy that was really voted in?

finti
the election wasnt a fraud, for those who doesnt understand the US system it might look like it, but it wasnt a fraud

yerssot
no, it conviniently went wrong in his nephews state

BackFire
Fluke is a better word, since Gore got more public votes them bush.

diegocala
That was his brother yers

finti
Florida, where his brother is Gov, well if people are to dumb to understand the electoral ballot then they cant be counted

lil bitchiness
''Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore has received more than 200,000 more popular votes nationwide than his opponent, the Republican Bush, out of a total of almost 100 million votes cast. ''

julibug
Hey, most of us living in the US have a hard time understanding the system. I can see how others would really find it difficult. So many changes could be made to simplify things. If I didn't hate politics so much, I'd probably get more involved. stick out tongue Instead, I'll just come on here & gripe.

Um, back on topic. It's still all about Saddam on tv right now.

yerssot
oh no, Gore won twice and twice bush went to the court for a recount
(that and the law of recounting if it's a close-call or something, I'm not sure about that one)

finti
here it is sports on tv now, Saddam is old news now

lil bitchiness
mad i dont have TV..i have to share it with my flatmates....8 of them mad

There is probably still on...and it will be for very long time...confused i would LOVE to know the REAL reason for this war and everything else thats happening...

lil bitchiness
Its gonna be on here, for a long time...

BackFire
I don't watch tv.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>