Question about Two Towers!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

babina
Ok, something that's been bugging me. When Gollum leads Frodo and Sam through the Dead Marshes, and Frodo looks into the water all forlorn and tired... He sees a body and falls in after it... Is that specific body supposed to look like Elijah Wood, or is that just me searching desperately for symbolism? Like it has the same jaw line, nose, and chin... Any ideas?

sauron
no i dont think it is, just you might have though that at first and now whenever you see it you see elijah, mind playing trick luv, sorry big grin

Ariadne
I think it's probably not supposed to look like Elijah and I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know...

Verity
I didn't think it looked like Elijah at all!..... confused

LegolasIsMyMan
I don't think it looked like Elijah either, but it was creepy none the less. I was wondering why he fell in,was it because the "dead" has a hold of him, because of the ring, or what????

Kitoky
Erm...I didn't think it looked like Elijah at all, the corpse was of an Elf that fought in the war in the Dead Marshes, You could tell because of it's armor was once of the Elves.

To answer the question why he fell in, was remember when Gollum said don't follow the lights and that if they'd fallen in they'd die and lit little candles themselves? Gollum was warning them because he knows about the vengeful spirits in the water. Now Frodo fell in because he was staring at the corpse and the light that was emitted from it was really 'mesmerizing' in a way and so he found himself falling in.

babina
I understand that it is an elf, and in fact not Frodo Baggins... But if you look at it, you can see that it has the thin nose, strong and square jaw, furrowed brow, and slightly butt chin of Elijah... Perhaps it's simply forshadowing something or adding to the way it was beckoning Frodo into the water... You know, a cinematic trick rather than a blatant "Look at me, I'm an elf serving no further purpose than to be on screen and open my eyes"

LegolasIsMyMan
I think you have a good point there, but you know it may just be for cinematic effect...

Discos
I am guessing it was due to the ring "getting heavier", Frodo did mention to Sam that the ring was getting heavier and my theory (a long shot) is that the dead people in the marshes saw the "one ring" which cost them their lives in the first place and wanted to seize it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.