The end of Episode III!!!!....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
The way I see it, there is a major problem Lucas will have to solve with Episode III: showing anakins fall to the dark side, while at the same time, not giving away that anakin is darth vader, which would spoil the surprise in Empire Strikes Back when Vader tells luke that he is his father. I've thought about it alot, and the only solution i see is that we will NOT see Darth Vader in Episode III, nor will we see the Jedi hunted down and murdered, nor will we see Obiwan spilt up Luke and Leia and go into hiding. Now just bear with me for a second.

If we see Anakin turn into Vader in Episode III, then anyone watching the series in order will know Vader is Lukes father the second we hear Luke's last name. I think in Episode III, Anakin will turn to the dark side, and Obiwan will battle with him. Finally, EPISODE III WILL END WITH OBIWAN (apparently) KILLING ANAKIN, probably in the lava pit.

Now that would be a little dissapointing for those of us (myself included) who want to see the Jedi hunted down, but it works best when you think about the big picture. When we first see Vader in ANH, we will not know he used to be that cute little boy, he will just be one bad-ass sith terrorizing the galaxy. And when Ben tells luke that Darth Vader killed his father, Anakin father, we will know that Ben is lying, but we will think it is because HE KILLED LUKES FATHER, and doesn't want Luke to know. Then, in Empire and Jedi, we finally find out the truth about lukes father, and why Ben said what he did. Anyway, I know thats alot of reading, but I wanted to tell everyone my idea and see what you guys thought.

Ratcat
Because the Vader brathing isn't a big clue right?

Sorry, but the whole point is to get Anakin into the big, black.

peluffo
I agree with you (even in be dissapointed if we not see Vader making his stuff with jedis), and I think as you that it could be the way to fix up the events to make a whole story of 12 hours and keep those who didn't see it yet, seated on the edge of the chairs...
But that breathing, I don't know... I think i'ts an epic story, where the end doesn't matter, it's known by everyone, but the way it will be spelled it's the real point.
I'm still think your "solution" is correct.

yerssot
well, I hope he would let us see OB1 vs Anakin,
A falls in the lavapit, OB1 screams, walks away, asks to leave the JC (if they still exist)
at the end of the movie you hear James Earl Jones with the breathing: "What is thy bidding, my master?"

ToMacco
Anakin won't understand why he can't love Padme. Palpatine is going to convince him that he is the most powerful Jedi ever, and that it would be better to get rid of them.

So after Padme dies, he's going to kill all the Jedi, because he wants to rule the galaxy that wouldn't allow him to be the person he wants to be.

Then Obi-wan is gonna whop him goodevil face

dark lord
as dooku survives to episode 3 gl has to fit in two lightsabre duels, after seeing the 3rd trailer i think that it gives a lot of clues to anakins what sort of person he is , i think one of the reasons he turns is that he ofers him the quick route to power and strength, i don't know how gl will end ep3 without spoiling empire

i have read that james earl has said that he will be in ep3 4 about 15/20 mins of course there is no way gl can show vader hunting down the jedi
but i do think that one member of the jc will feel the power of vader
and i have a feeling that mace windu won't last till the end of ep3, rember the look ani gives mace when mace says that he won't be trained in the tpm

yerssot
dl; to be honest, James Earl Jones said that he MIGHT be in EpIII for 15-20 minutes, that's still a might though

Captain REX
I read some wacky story plot somewhere that Obi and Ani have the supposed duel over the lava pit. Anakin loses and Obi-Wan takes the fallen Jedi's lightsaber, hence Luke receives it in Ep. IV.
Palpatine has a rescue squad save Anakin from the lava pit, but he is already badly injured, hence the mechanical stuff in Vader's body and Vader's messed up breathing (unless he has adnoids).
Anakin is turned evil and becomes Vader. Palpatine forms some council of 7 Sith lords. One is Xio Jade (Mara's Mom?), another Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku), Vader, and Sidious, still unknown to be ol' stupid Palpy. Padme and Obi are captured. Darth Bane comes out of nowhere. Bane is about to kill Padme and Obi, but Darth Vader jumps in the way and shields Padme from the Force lightning. Vader doesn't care if Obi dies.
Mace and Yoda come aboard the ship they are on. The seven lords start duking it out for leadership. Xio turns traitor and takes Padme, Obi-Wan, and Yoda aboard her ship, the Millennium Falcon. Vader kills all of the Sith lords except Xio and Palpy. Palpy feels Xio's betrayal.
They pick up Jar Jar and head for Dagobah. Padme gives birth to her kids big grin there, hence Luke saying that he somehow remembers the place vaguely. Yoda stays behind on Dagobah. Mace is dead. Obi takes Luke to the Lars' Homestead. He goes into hiding there. Padmetakes Leia to Alderaan to Bail Organa, a trusted friend of hers from the Senate. Jar Jar and her go into hiding as well, hence she and Jar Jar aren't in the Classic Trilogy.

I think the person who wrote was barely thinking of the Star Wars we know and love when he wrote this, even though he put the writer a GL. I think Jar Jar dies a painful death, Padme is killed by someone other than Anakin, Luke & Leia are born on Dagobah, and that Xio Jade doesn't exist. I haven't gone to the Millennium Falcon databank to see if it says anything about Xio Jade being an owner besides Lando and Han.

Captain REX
Another thing about that wacky story. Darth Bane would be thousands of years old unless he did the same thing as Exar Kun and did something with his spirit before he died. Impossible.roll eyes (sarcastic) I think the person who wrote this was thinking up ideas for HIS Episode III.confused He tried to trick me!mad

Leia_2000
rolling on floor laughing Your right about how george lucas should be making episode III so that it doesn't wreck the movie for people watching it in order, however, it's likely that most people already know that anakin vadar who's luke's father-I didn't see any of the star wars movies until a couple years ago, and because of my friends I barely needed to! (don't worry, I did, and loved them smile) but who knows confused oh well, I'm sure that however it happens, it'll be great big grin

Captain REX
Good thing you saw the movies. If I didn't like Star Wars and never saw the movies and never went to this website...embarrasment Okay. I know tons and tons and tons of things about Ep. II (characters, ending, stuff like that), but that only makes me want to see the movie MORE.
P.S.: I wish I knew how to redo my signature.sad

ToMacco
Go to 'user cp' on the top of your screen. Then go to 'edit options'. Then you can change it.

Captain REX
Thanks, but I have NO IDEA where 'user cp' and the 'edit whatever' are.
Point it out!

mah
the buttons on the top of the screen

yerssot
to be honest: one of the stupidest endings I've ever heared! Yeah right! 7 bad guys? Only two there are!

Ushgarak
The amount of fan fiction that has been written about the lava pit duel... I'd be very wary of ANYTHING you hear about this thing that still exists only in potential.

Meanwhile, we can be pretty certain that linking Anakin and Vader is a central point of the film. After all, GL DID make the middle parts first, TPM would NEVER have been like it was if it had been the actual first film made; the new films really are made with the originals in mind.

bigsef2
i agree for the most part. GL has said time and again that basically the whole thing is one 12 hour long movie. in the end, there will NOT be 2 6-hour trillogys. it will be one movie with six chapters that tell a story. GL cant give away too much information in episodes II and III, which would affect the later episodes. I personally dont think we will have a
'surprise' in episode II or III along the lines of what we had in episodes V and VI.

ToMacco
I think Lucas will throw something in II or III that was hidden in the OT. Then we'll go back and watch it, and say "how could we have missed that?"

One theory of mine is that the entire Jedi Order is destroyed (Obi-wan and Yoda too) But are cloned. That's why they disapear.

Captain REX
That's messed up. ToMacco, I finally changed my sig. I tried changing the color. Anyway, I read that it was seven Sith MASTERS, not all a bunch of apprentices to Palpy. Vader is Palpy's apprentice at the time.
I don't believe the thing I found anyway. To unbelievable. Aldera.net has a more "real" one.
I'm beginning to think the lava duel is fake due to all the fan fics about it. I mean, GL hasn't leaked anything about it anyway! Anakin could have turned and tried to kill the Jedi a first time and lost. He could have fought reeks (Jango Fett's murderer. A bull-like animal on Geonasis). A rancor, Tuskens, stormtroopers, whatever.roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
That's only true if he turns on Obi-wan first (which is very likely). We know Ben wins.

But in ANH Ben does say Vader helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. So he is gonna be a part of it.

Captain REX
Hmmm. Your right there ToMacco. I think Anakin makes a later attempt to kill the Jedi in Vader mode. He definetly turns on Obi-Wan first. That would explain the lava pit duel.
But where in the Star Wars Universe would they duel?
I suppose we have to wait till 2005. To bad I can't wait that long.
I'll be almost 20 years old when it comes out. Will I still like Star Wars then?
Who cares. Maybe a little will be reveiled in Ep. II. confused

ToMacco
I'll be 22 on Friday, and I still like the movies. I bet you will, too.

There's no way to avoid it! It is a very interesting storyline.

Captain REX
Yeah, I'll still like it. I probably won't big a gigantic fanatic, but I'll still like it.
And happy b-day. The day after Thanksgiving? What's it like to have a b-day AND Thanksgiving in a bar in Minnesota? laughing out loud
Hey, posters, visit my new trivia thread. I know a ton about the Star Wars aliens, so it might be fun. confused

ToMacco
No no no. The bar is after Thanksgiving dinnerbig grin

Dim
I'm not so sure that Anakin would turn on Ben first..I think maybe he would have a fall out with the jedi council before his split with Ben..maybe even have Ben abandon him in the end...

Probably dead wrong..just a thought.

ToMacco
I don't think Ben would abandon his student.

Besides; "It's all Obi-wans' fault!"

JediOasis
Yeah, I think Anakin will go against someone on the council first(Mace? Ki-Adi Mundi or Plo Koon?) then go to Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan scolds him and then Anakin attacks him. It may no longer be the lava pit fight but they have to fight a one to one battle. "When we last met I was but the learned, now I am the master..." which to me means they have fought at sometime.

bigsef2
GL has said that the reason anakin turns to the dark side is that he was "tricked." When you think about it, there are two and only two reasons for TPM to have been set 10 years before AOTC. (Personally, I think the movies should only have been a couple years apart, just like in the OT) To show a pod race (it wouldnt have worked well if Anakin were older) and to show anakin and his mother in slavery.

In a way, Anakins mother would not have died if she werent a slave. I think at some point in Episode III, Anakin will want to free the slaves. The Jedi will be too absorbed in the Clone Wars to bother with it. The Jedi forbid Anakin to love, they forbid him to free the slaves. Sidious will tell Anakin the Jedi were responsible for everything and that HE wants to form a new government to bring peace and order to the galaxy: No slavery.

Sidious will possibly offer Anakin to turn to the dark side and strike down dooku and take dookus place at his side ala ROTJ. Anakin will win and take dookus red light saber, turning to the dark side.

Anakin will think he can balance the light and dark sides and he will try to remain so it appears he is still with the Jedi. Obiwan will notice he has a different sabre. Anakin will ignite it and it will be red. Obiwan will say that color is a Sith color. Anakin will say he is a Sith. Obiwan will ignite his sabre and they will go at it.

farfetched? sure it is. WIll it happen that way? Probably not. But i think something along those lines will happen.

yerssot
what about the blue sabre that OB1 gives Luke? and anakin can't get Dookus lightsabre because it's curved

bigsef2
lets think about this for a second. anakin has a blue lightsaber and obiwan gives that to luke in ANH. OBVIOUSLY at some point anakin trades in his blue sabre for a red one. we DO see darth vader with a red one in ANH, ESB, and ROTJ, dont we?

and as far as dookus saber goes, look at the traier, its straight. besides, by their nature light sabres cant be curved. they just dont make them that way.

Ushgarak
I'll just repeat that we don't know what that 'tricked' comment by GL actually means and it is easy to jump to conclusions.

And the whole Vader thing will be utterly without credibility if Anakin does not turn of his own free will.

Captain REX
And by there nature, no one had a double-edged lightsaber but good ol' Maul. He's dead, so who's going to take his place with another wild looking lightsaber: Dooku.

In this pic, you can clearly see the curve in his lightsaber handle. His saber's red, as all Sith lightsabers are. His handle is shiny and curved. What more proof do ya' need. This pic is from the trailer or somewhere.

Captain REX
Use the brightness/contrast buttons if you can't see his saber handle. It has a big metal thing on it to help you find it.

Venom
I understand your point, but I'm of the opinion that we WILL see Darth Vader in EP III! As you can see in the trailer FORBIDDEN LOVE when Anakin hugs Amidala and drives with his speeder through the Tattoine-desert his shape changes into Darth Vader's - though he doesn't change to the dark side his potential can already be seen. He is ABOUT to change, that's what EP II shows us, Qui-Gon was wrong, the only child of the force is too powerful to stay under control of the force. He represents a special symbol - the One side can't exist without the other. He has two sides in his character and finally loses his inner struggle due to Palpatines efforts to convince him of Obi-Wan's betrayal. Palpatine will change him and probably he'll kill many Jedi's at the end of EP III. And at the end... I could imagine that Luke's and Leia's names will not be told in EP III, you first hear them in EP IV and GL won't reveal that Amidala got twins. There'll surely be a conflict between Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan (a final fight, in which Obi-Wan loses) and Anakin Vs. Amidala (in which he finally changes to the dark side). THEN Amidala and the others do the only right thing - fleeing. Because they'll not be able to win this battle. Due Anakin HAS to be wounded (or killed) during EP III to show HOW he got the body armor (but he probably won't get the helmet so early). Palpatine a/k/a Sidious will convince him of the dark side to become strong again and win over the ones who "betrayed him". That's the final scene when Anakin changes, he's already bad before that point but THEN he's the biggest opponent of the force. There'll be dead Jedis in EP III and a dead Anakin, but the MASK comes at the end, in the final scene. That's what I think. Let's hope 4 tha dopest SW-film ever with lot's of Siths! A cloned Darth Maul WILL appear in EP III - GL told that.

Gundark
Obi Wan will acquire Anakin's blue lightsabre one of two ways.

1. Through the "infamous" rumored lava pit scenario.

2. Or - before that confrontation, or whatever confrontation it turns out to be, Obi Wan comes upon Anakins personal effects left behind (after an argument between them, maybe where Anakin tells Obi Wan he's leaving the Order) and there, lying with his Jedi robe, his abandoned blue lightsabre. Obi Wan picks it up, clenching it in his tightly shaking fist.

I think that would be cool.

Ani/Ami_love
I've just read through the thread and...

I don't think it matters whether they show Anakin in the Vader cloak or not...we will go back and watch ESB now, hear Vader saying "I am your father" and know instantly that the little boy and Padawan we saw in in EPI,II and III is him.

Anyways, I went to IMDB.com and 'Upcomingmovies.com(very relieable) to see the cast lists, and it's got Hayden and the character he's playing in EPIII as 'Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader' and 'James Earl Jones' credited as 'voice of Darth Vader'. They also keep mentioning that in this episode "expect to see Anakin completely change in Darth Vader." So after all that, Me thinks it is very very likely we are gonna see him in it. smokin'big grin

IMDB has also got a few taglines for EPIII aswell...

"The Empire Rises..."

"The fall of good"

"Fall Of The Jedi"

To me, the last tagline signifies that we WILL see the Jedi killed off.

...just thought I'd say.smile

yerssot
I have to say something again that is not proven but that I support:
the word Jedi etc will not be used again; why? because it's already used by another movie

mah
yeah, and thats a SW 'rule' I don't think GL will brake

Ani/Ami_love
They are only 'rumoured' taglines...

But I didn't know about that rule...sorry.

smile

Ushgarak
I need to point out that GL has NEVER said that a cloned Darth Maul would ever appear, EVER. And that we are still pretty certain that any Obi-Wan/Anakin fight will end with OBI-WAN the victor.

GL has also stated that Qui-Gon was ultimately right.

yerssot
ok, GL said that Darth Maul would NEVER appear again, he was cut in two to show that!

Gundark
Cut in two and down the shaft. George does love those shafts.

yerssot
at least Maul didn't fall in it when he screamed!

peluffo
confused confused confused confused
Didn't screamed when he fall in it, you mean??? stick out tongue stick out tongue

YOU DRUNK!!! big grin big grin wink

yerssot
No, I am!

*puts his vingers so they resamble a V*
christian ... ... ... well, in name that is

Julie
Do tell...what do you mean?

Ushgarak
Rather hopeful to think yerss meant anything by that, I think.

Julie
I like being hopeful:-)

peluffo
Im just helping a friend

*peluffo turns on his saber and attacks blindly against yers's beer cans*

Julie
Your a hero.

dark helmet
.........but all of this thing with the lava pit....
it aint gonna happen....
anakin wont fall into any pit...
trust me, lucas has something else planed....

not to go off topic...
but who here did NOT like ep 1?
cause if not, then ur just going to disapoint ur self even more with ep 2...
think back when everyone( even u) went on these boards and prayed for the relese of ep 1...
scaning the story...want spoilers gallore....
yet when it came out...
all u did was critisiz it negativly...
we must come to our senses...
we cannot trust ourselves to get carried away with this waiting for ep 2 or ep 3.....cause then we will gaver so much clues...so much info and deadlyest of all so much imagination that when it is released, our expectations will soar downwards.....

thats just my poinion....

yerssot
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the beercans!!!!

*smacks Ush instead of peluffo*
woops, sorry ,wrong one...

And dark, tell me, what's the special thing? I mean this theory started in 1983 and still lifes (and I support it for other reasons that it's age)

and no problem with your offtopic thing, didn't read it big grin

Ushgarak
The lava pit thing is, of course, one of the basic things people discuss in Star Wars, along with the ghost trick, who the Sith are, sabre colours, Jar-Jar, and what is wrong with C3-PO's memory.

yerssot
wait a sec...
We know who the Sith are, it's all explained in the BTM-CD!

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, silly me...

yerssot
smell the sarcasm...

Julie
back to what dark said...expectations for TPM were very high, and it could have never have lived up to those expectations. However you can't stop the "expectations"...it's a very natural feeling when one has to wait 3 years for a movie to come out.

I think AOTC will be a very good movie...regardless if it lives up to the high expectations.

P.S.
It took me a while to "smell the sarcasm" but I found it.

yerssot
no, that's just Tex his aftershave big grin

you only waited 3 years? Well, me too, only saw the SE in 1997 and then they broadcasted the originals and I taped it smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.