The Simpsons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hayden'sgurl
I love that show!!! Anybody else??? big grin

Ushgarak
Doesn't everyone? There was a large thread about it around here not long ago.

Hayden'sgurl
I didn't know that. :shy: embarrasment

Ushgarak
Yeah- ToMacco is a big fan, of course. Hence his name.

Captain REX
I thought his name was a combo of tobacco and tomato...

Don't you mean his signature?

Ushgarak
That's from a Simpsons episode, Rex...

Hayden'sgurl
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
So tell me, HG- how happy would you be if Hayden Christensen did a guest spot on the Simpsons?

Tex
Simpsons we're good up to '98, have really sucked since then.
Get off the air already!
It's embarassing!

Dexx
i like the simpsons too....i watch it when i have the time or when i find it during my scroll Tv channels campaigns

ToMacco
Tex, you are a horrible bastard for saying such things.

The Simpsons is one of the last great series on TV. Everything today is crap.

Captain REX
I agree with that...with the exception of Spongebob Squarepants... big grin laughing out loud

Take the "teenage" shows on Nickleodeon for example. They are all horribly deranged and suck shit. And Nick is a kids channel, where as one of the stupid episodes of "As Told By Ginger" talked a little TOO much about puberty and all that crap. What it 8 years olds are watching and they're talkin about menstruation!? Think about the children!!!

Pinky
The Simpsons are cool!Did u guys heard about a tv show named "guy Family"?That's cool too!

Palanfirith
yeah,they are GREAT.too bad for those who cannot see it anymore because I'm seeing it everyday cool It's extra cool

mah
simpson's great. you have that second season dvd now, right To?

Mujaffa
simpsons is great......mmmm duff beer.......mmmchocolate..mmmm laughing

Ushgarak
Why shouldn't eight year olds know about menstruation? Wait much longer than that and it could be too late for some of them.

Mujaffa
Ush.. what are you talking about?

mah
he's answering to rex's overprotective ramblings

Mujaffa
confused sick

lil bitchiness
Right....i absolutely positively love love LOVE the Simpsons!
I thought they needed a thread...a thread of quotes, pics...stuff......i love Homer Simpson's saying...not only him, all other characters are cool.....

Ralf Wiggum: ''Miss Hoover, i stuck a finger up my nose and i pulled bit of my brain out!''

Homer: ''I saw this film once about the bus that had to SPEED arround the city, keeping its SPEED over 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...i think it was called: ''The bus that couldnt slow down'' LOL classic!

grymlock
yeah the simpson does kick ass but as you can see my sig... i'm more a fan of south park... south park rule!!! hail to the mighty south park!!
cheers mate!!

finti
the newer show sucks, I really love the older ones though

mechmoggy
I like the sig Raz has (or used to have - not sure) of Homers speech to Marge, the one that ends, "....forget it Marge, its CHINATOWN!".

Very funny indeed.

My fave non-Homer quote is when Lenny and Carl see Homer at the Chilli cook-off, when he gets his wooden spoon out, "I heard he carved it.........out of a bigger spoon!". big grin

yerssot
oh, where's ToMacco when you need him sad

masterofmatrix
i am a simpsons maniac but for me i have to put up with repeats because i cant get sky to see the new episodes because "im out of range" how sad is that

Fire
simpsons are cool
older eps are indeed better

BackFire349
i agree with finti and fire.

The Simpsons in their prime were pure gold, they will never be topped. But currently, south park is better.

ragesRemorse
Simpsons rule. The last two seasons have been a bit slow however i think they have had some of the best episodes. It seems the simpsons have been geared more twords pointless humor with a few messages here and there lately. This is just because most of the writers from the prior seasons have left. So there in a transition of finding new talents. This next two seasons could possibly be there last, but i believe if groening is approached for another three year contract The show will ounce again become the side splitting thought provoking genious it is.
This season will feature 4 episodes written by Groening himself, so there should be somthing new this year. Groening is currently working on scripts for two feature films with the simpsons though.

ragesRemorse
they should sign on writers from the ounce Brilliant family guy for a few episodes, i bet that would give this show some much needed edgy fuel

Fire
I'd pay to go and watch a simpson flik

BackFire349
i think the simpsons should be cancelled. It pains me to say it, but they will just continue to go down hill.

Fire
true BF but well that's the laws of our money driven civilization. if it makes money it'll keep going till it stops making money

ragesRemorse
I believe simpsons to be one of the only television shows worth watching. All the good ones are on movie channels. So on cable it is nice to have a show that gaurentee's a laugh.

ragesRemorse
it makes money because it is highly popular. if it wasnt popular it wouldnt make money, if it diddnt make money it would be cancelled in an instant.

BackFire349
Yes, The Simpsons are still one of the best shows on tv, which is sad considering how crappy they are if you compare the newer episodes to the older episodes that were aired when it was in its prime.

Sout Park is better right now.

lil bitchiness
Haha...i watched that one today....i got them on video...haha!

Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen!

Marge: Homer, Homer...wake up, wake up!!!!
Homer: What is it marge, is dog on fire, has the house run away?

Apu: This is not a library, you buy something or get out...and please come again!

I think one of my faves is when Homer thinks Bart is gay...lol

The old ones are better, i agree. but i still like to watch the new ones.... laughing

Fire
true, but sometimes south park is a bit too much poo related

BackFire349
South Park is so creative and intelegent with their storylines though. It's nice to see that even though they damn well know how clever they are, they arent afraid to do poo and fart jokes on occasion

ragesRemorse
yeah there have been better seasons. I'm have faith though they will turn things around, They are going to have to retire soon eigther way. I want to see them go out with a bang though. This is the only reason i look forward to the end of the simpsons, because i believe groening will have a great deal to do with the writing of the last season. Im sure he'll do everything to top the achievments the simpsons have done in the past. This will make for great entertainment. He will have to do somthing to keep fans and even gain fans for the leading to the movie so hopefully somthing new is instore

BackFire349
Well, Matt Groening has stated numerous times that he wishes the show would end soon, but Fox wont let it since it's still their flagship program.

He also said that it is becoming very hard for the writers to think of new storylines, since everything has been done basically. He actually said he wishes the show had ended like 4 years ago.

lil bitchiness
I know what you are saying, but i still dont wanna see Simpsons end.....

BackFire349
I hope it happens soon, it would be a shame if the simpsons were forced into more crappy seasons because of the lack of ideas, it will end up soiling their greatness.

lil bitchiness
True.....maybe they should start making fewer, but better ones, rahter than what are they doing now...

BackFire349
That may help, the problem is just that they ahve done everything possible for the show. They are just getting so stupid now, you can tell they really struggle to make up new stories.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...everything has been done...blink

ragesRemorse
yeah lately there have been episodes with the same storyline of past shows just different outcomes.

BackFire349
They are now resorting to having the simpsons go to other countries for storylines.

ToMacco
The Simpsons suck.

. . . . oh wait.

That show should last forever. Once it gets canceled, I'll slump into massive depression and start drinking heavily. Oh wait, I already drink heavily.

BackFire349
It should be cancelled so it doesnt soil its image of brilliance that it is just barely clining too. It should go out on top, not when it gets even worse

ToMacco
Backfire, don't get me started.

Mafia Girl
I LOVE THE SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!
watched them sice i was a little kid....i like south park too!

BackFire349
Well, it can't go on forever, and since it's already starting to slip, why not end it before it falls falt on its face?

Tex
Ugh! Simpsons have been hella lame since 1998!
They need to put that pathetic has-been of a show out of its misery!stick out tongue

ToMacco
I'm depressed. no

BackFire349
While i dont agree that the show is 'hella lame', i agree that it will soon get to that point over the next few seasons. And that it should be cancelled before it gets to the point of 'putting it out of its misery'

ToMacco
You guys. . . suck.

Tex
Face it, Simpsons is Pauly Shore lameevil face

BackFire349
Don't get me wrong To, I love the show, and i believe it is the greatest show ever aired. It symbolizes everything good that a tv show can be, it is a god among TV shows. I'd just hate to see it turn into a bad show, which it could easily do, since the writers are obviously having trouble thinking of ideas, since everything has been done by now.

ToMacco
What the f**k? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*runs*

Tex
What a drama queen!

ToMacco
Ah, suck it, scumbag.

Tex
Who know what really sucks?
The Simpsonsstick out tongue

ToMacco
. . . . . . . .

I'm depressed again.

julibug
"See my vest, see my vest" (to the tune of "Be Our Guest"wink - remember that one??

ToMacco
See my vest, see my vest, made from real gorilla's chest. . .

BackFire349
Grizzly bear underwear....

ToMacco
See my loafers, former gofers!

BackFire349
TeeHee, one of the classic simpsons songs.

yerssot
I love that one smile

or the one from the secret sect of the stonecutters smile

"Who controls the british crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
..."

lil bitchiness
LOL! laughing

The Best one:

''Simpson, Homer Simpson, hes the greatest guy in history
From the town of springfield hes about to hit a chesnut tree..''

BarmyBrummie
Well, it was gonna be done sooner or later and i pick sooner. So, what do you think of the simpsons? Whose your favourite character or favourite episode? What do you like/hate most about it?
My favourite character is definately bart then nelson. Can't wait for the british episode.

Darth Bandon
Homer, Homer, Homer, Homer.

SilverFighter
Krusty the Klown is my favorite.

DeNiro
Homer is by far my favorite character i luv the simpons i am not joking i have seen every episode like 5 times i know all the diolage and u can ask me ne qeustion about it and ill know the answer plus details. my favorite homer line is probaly when he was on the bar diet when he climbed mount springfield and he goes how can u put that gruel into ur body seee i take this 5 pound bowel of spaggetti and compact it into a healthy bar *takes a bite* *wlks over to the phone* *dials* Hospital please laughing out loud laughing out loud fing great

CHOKE ON UR CANDER!!!!

SlipknoT
That show was truely great, most of the newer episodes just arent good, but it is still a good show .

SlipknoT
My favorite characters are Ralph, Homer, Nelson,and barney when he was a drunk.

BOPRecruit 16
never really considered any of the characters as my fave. any new guest stars coming up?

John Smith
simpsons is the greatest tv show ever

whoever says otherwise is an idiot

Phoenix
Ralph's the best!!

"I'm special!"

"Miss Hoover...? My worm went in my mouth, and then I ate it..."

shadys_lil_babe
Wow!
the simpsons! i love that show, it is so funny! i love maggie she is so cute! smile
but BART IS THE FUNNIEST.
i dnt have a fav episode, they are all funny! Happy Dance

The Ones
SIMPSONS IS THE BEST SHOW "I AM EVIL HOMER, I AM EVIL HOMER,I AM EVIL HOMER,I AM EVIL HOMER"

lkotbr33
kick ass show

Matrix_man
yerp

JKozzy
mm hmm

lil bitchiness
Tv forum!! big grin

''Im an old man, i hate everything but Madlock...oo its on now''

Matrix_man
lil wud make a kick ass mod....

mmmmmm..........something

lkotbr33
*wakes up from coma* french toast please

lkotbr33
my knob taste funny, please refrain from tasting the knob

in flames
HOMER simpsons is the most enjoyable and funniest character to watch on tv.

Wolfie
Willy the Groundskeeper is the best. Sad to say, the show is getting kinda old and they're starting to rip off other cartoons (Family Guy, King of the Hill).

Linkalicious
Rip off King of the Hill and The Family Guy?!?!?!?! Get me if i'm wrong here, but weren't those 2 shows created as cheezy hack offs of the Simpsons? King of the hill is mildly entertaining at best, and the Family guy was hilarious, but it was basically the Simpsons part 2. Fat dumb dad, a brother, a sister, a mom, a baby, and a dog...I persoanllly think the Simpsons get funnier each episode.

John Smith
for real...

i'm tired of all these newjacks like Metal Face saying that family guy is better than the simpsons.

king of the hill and family guy bit the simpsons...period

metal face
hahaha simpsons get better, what the hell do you watch

the people that do the voices are all old as hell

face it simpsons finally fell off and you kids know it

you just dont want to admit

fox is beating a dead horse

face it guys your baby has grown up

and has to finally retire

cuz its wack and hurts to watch

bart is like 27

hahahahaha

John Smith
he's just hurt because they cancelled family guy after 3 seasons

oh yea,it's better than the simpsons,hahaha

[[.c.dutton.]]
i love bart... he rocks
http://www.hometown.aol.com/dutton1717/images/bart_simpson_2.gif

Freddy_vs_Jason
What do you think is the saddest Simpsons episode?

I think it was the one where Bleeding Gums Murphy died.

roundisfunny
Nah, Lisa got to say goodbye and see him in heaven anticipating his date with Billie Holiday. I felt kind of bad for Flanders when Homer killed Maude, though.

Actually, now that I think about it, the saddest episode (to me) is probably the one about the co-worker who hated Homer for being so popular despite being such a screw-up, while his good work went virtually unnoticed.

SlayerChick1188
Maude dying was REALLY sad cry

BackFire
Oh, good question. But I think the question should be 'most touching" simpsons episode. Most episodes arent' as sad as tehy are touching in some way or another...

Anyway, I'd have to say the episode in which homers mom comes back after being gone for his whole life. Then at the end of the episode he has to say good bye again. The last scene in which he's sitting on his car looking at the stars as teh credits start to roll gave the scene such humanity. It was a truley touching scene.

Also, the episode where homer eats the poisonous fish at the japanese restaurant and then thinks he's going to die is very sad and moving.

Another touching episode, although not sad, is the episode where bart and lisa join oposing hockey teams and become rivals. the episode culminates in their teams playing eachother and bart and lisa seem to hat eeachother. Then bart and lisa both have flashbacks about times they helped eachother when they were younger, and they realized how they loved eachother. Another wonderful simpsons moment.

Ushgarak
... only ruined by the fact that not taking the shot was NOT some sort of draw, it was a victory for Lisa.

roundisfunny
An episode from this season had Bart becoming "best friends" with Lisa when Milhouse moved away, then leaving her cold when Milhouse returned. Although the ending was touching and sentimental, they tacked on an epilogue from "Weezy" about how this is known in TV circles as "schmaltz".

On the "Family Guy" DVD commentary, they called such scenes their "moment of sh*t".

amity75
When Lisa humiliated Ralph Wiggum on live TV.

BackFire
heh, that's true. But you gotta allow certain flaws in order for the story too proceed.

freya
is maude dead for ever or just for one episode

are there showing a new season in america??

mouth
i was gonna thoes 2 too smile
s' sad when homer's all alone sittin on his car lookin at the stars.. sad

oldmanriver
I think every Simpsons episode for the last 3 or 4 years has been sad. It has gone from not very original to the exact smae thing overand over. I used to love the Simpsons, but then it died. The Homer is fat and stupid thing just isnt funny anymore after the 10,000th time. Its either that or some stupid celebrity guest star. South Park however, is still original and still makes me laugh.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I agree, the Simpsons has lost its touch, it's just not funny anymore, it use to have everything, humor, emotion, and problems we deal with in everyday life, but now its just a load of rubbish, it's the same with the last season of friends, thats just not funny anymore.

And the episode where Homers Mum goes away again and at the end he's sitting on the car looking at the stars is very sad, the same with the music thats playing too.......when that scene happens my brother changes the channel and I always say "PUT IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!."

Machete_guy
Is it me or do the really really really new simpson episodes ( the simpsons go to england, marges old lover is living with the simpsons and homer goes to jail) they are losing their colour like they have run out of ideas...sort of sad sad i need a hug!

Machete_guy
is seoson 4 of simpsons out in USA cuz its not out in australia!Jumpy

Julie
I don't even remember.....all the episodes are running together in my head like an unholy stew

ElectricBugaloo
eh...Simpsons=TV for the mentally deficient

luckily for the creators, there are plenty of those in the world

starshine
I love Simpsons!!!!
Homer and Bart are the best!!! eek!

Spartaz
Why you little...! *chokes ElectricBungaloo*

Machete_guy
professor FRINK!!! professor FRINK he makes u laugh he makes u think he makes you dooo all those things!

Ellen
hey i love that show too!

yerssot
this would fit the tv section I reckon

Ellen
moved it wink

yerssot
no you didn't What the f**k?

SeptemberRain
The Simpsons is a great show, but the last 2 seasons werent very good, i think the writters are running out of ideas, cause its been on for so long.

Ellen
yeah wink

Beyonder
Linkalicious

Rip off King of the Hill and The Family Guy?!?!?!?! Get me if i'm wrong here, but weren't those 2 shows created as cheezy hack offs of the Simpsons? King of the hill is mildly entertaining at best, and the Family guy was hilarious, but it was basically the Simpsons part 2. Fat dumb dad, a brother, a sister, a mom, a baby, and a dog...I persoanllly think the Simpsons get funnier each episode.

laughinglaughinglaughingHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance The Simpsons is a ripoff of the Flinstons.

And Family Guy and King Of The Hill are still funny and filled with ideas. No doubt the Simpsons are one of TV histories funnies family; however, they SUCK SH8T now. Get over this show, your only in denial along with everybody else who think the new seasons are worth watching. They've run out of ideas, nothing left, get over it everyone.

They should be CANCELED! If they continue anymore, the ratio of good seasons to bad will be even or the - Worse case scenerio - would be more bad seasons than good.

Funniest Characters:
1] Ralph
2] Comic Guy
3] Nelson
4] Homer
5] Bart

Unholy_Cheese
I ordered simpsons season 3 on ebay last week, and there has been no anser on Email and no sign of it
i hope i havnt been bitten offsadmad

ladygrim
sad my mum wnt let me buy things like that ... she sez its a waste of money buy videos aand dvds

Unholy_Cheese
I dont reckon it is, i love collecting stuff

ladygrim
no me neither its just my mum... (doesnt approve)

DarthLazious
It's so very sad to see The Simpsons go off air after this season.
I grew up with the show and wish it could make it to a 20th season. sad

shadow guest
YEAH ,WELL YOUR D*** RIGHT,THEY SHOUD SHOW A 20TH SEASON OF THE SIMPSONS.WHY FOX,WHY

shadow guest

Jackie Malfoy
Anyone know the good news about that show?If not here it is even through it might be still a rumor.They are making a movie of the Simspons that is coming out next Christmas!
I don't know too much about it but I can't wait to see it if it is true.I would love it if they made a movie out of it.After all it is along going tv show that started in 1979 till now!
I think homer is my favorite of everyone in the family oh and Moe too!JM

"Oh Homer you forgot to pay for the beer!"Moe

"Won't someone else do it?"Homer

(both begin to laugh)

Moe takes out a gun

"Seriously now!"Moe laughing

eleveninches
When is the simpsons starting on channel 4 in the UK??

eleveninches
I think they are going to show loads of new shows (the bbc simpsons screening were always repeats for years)

ldene
simpsons starts on channel 4 some time in early november (might be next week). There is a rumour of a simpsons movie, but they need the perfect script before anything is done.

And i don't think the simpsons is finishing anytime soon as the actors only signed new 3-4 year contracts a few months back.

eleveninches
Starts NEXT friday on 4 at 9

bizwax
I'm totally amped about the new season.

Shadow_King
ok their is one problem simpsons halloween special will be showed a week after halloween even though halloween is on a sunday.

Wolf Dog
The Simpsons movie is official. Its gonna be either the dagger to its coffin or renew it. I believe that after '99 it started to go downhill. Its because of the old writers who quit. They have these new dumb writers who are killing it.

SlipknoT
The Simpsons started in 1987.

Nevermind
The Simpsons are certainly one of the greatest TV shows ever.

Wolf Dog
Of course. I make references to the simpsons everyday.Sometimes without even knowing! In fact I think my sense of humor is largely based on the simpsons. Plus I need to at least watch one simpsons episode or more everyday. Without the Simpsons I would be nothing.

jamen
can some one find me a better mr sparkle pic or make me a sig with mr sparkle on it

Jackie Malfoy
I like the old ones better then the new ones.I mean some of the new ones are ok but they are not the best Simspons I ever seened.Yep I feel like a tailer!JM

Stealth Agent
i like simpsons they kickass

)-(&C]{£R
of course the simpsons kick ass! and everyone loves them!

travesty87
Hey have faith.
Maybe they'll come up with better plots now. The Simpsons is still the most awesome show ever created.

Scarpa
No, South Park and Family Guy beat it

Jedi Shmedi
Okay, can someone tell me if this is true? I recently read in a newspaper article that Homer is soon going to me ordained as a minister and will be able to give gay marriages. The question is, who in Springfield are the two gay, soon-to-be newly-weds? Can someone tell me if this is true? And if so, who do you think the couple will be? (my bet is on Flanders wink

Beastro
It probaly is true only it will probaly be just for episode the Homer will screw something up and ol go back to drinking beer and watching football.For the two gay people they'll probaly have guest characters.

eleveninches
Most likely:
1.Moe
2.Flanders
3.Paddy & Selma
4.Chief Wiggam

KillTheLight
paddy & selma are sisters eww i dont think so.....sick

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>