Harry Potter Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chef
Does anyone know where I can download this movie. Can't afford $8.50 x 4 for the family to see it. Any help would be appreciated roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
isn't that ... illegal? eek!

finti
So?

yerssot
I'm "shocked"

mah
''I will make it legal''

Dim
I don't know..a 2and a half hour movie..that's quite a down load..

go to a matinee man...it's legal and it's cheaper.

ToMacco
Or sneak in

Texas
Chef's in Vegas? Well now we know where he blew his movie money!!!!big grin rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dim
Well, if his theater is anything like mine there's no way you're sneaking in..they checked my ticket 3 times..and numbered it.

It really is an excellent movie though..

finti
What Harry Potter good movie? Hmm wonder about Elton John as yong are any goodbig grin

King Jedi
I don't understand why Harry Potter is so successful.confused I'm not criticising it, I just can't work it out.confused confused

Texas
It's like The Lord of the Rings for the new millennium. There predicting that it will be a franchise to the likes of SW. It made over $93 million in the US over the weekend, it beat out TPMeek!

Ushgarak
The fact that it is excellent is the main reason for its success. That said, the first book was merely a competent children's novel that got a sequel; it's the second and third books that made it the phenomenon it is.

And if they have made a 150 minute movie from the pretty short first book, there is going to be trouble with the much longer later ones...

ToMacco
Wizards and Witches frighten me! I'll be hiding under my bed!sad

Texas
whimproll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

ToMacco
*A witch swoops from the sky and picks up Tex. She cooks and eats his toes. A wizard turns him into a toad.*

AHHHHH! Poor Tex!sad

Texas
*Texas is kissed by ToMacco who mistakens Texas for his girlfirend*
*Texas is transforemed back*
*slaps ToMacco for unwanted kiss*stick out tongue

ToMacco
*ToMacco pukes, smacks Tex back, who still has the face of a toad.*

Dim
Hmmmm..if you're trying to reenact scenes it might do to get a script..

One reason why it's so sucessful is that it's a really good ORIGINAL story (by this I mean first time on the big screen) ..I bet LOTR doesn't do near as well..mostly because it's so well known.

Aquarius87
Macco is a skitzofrenic mongaloid,He grows hids buds on dagobah
Hah! Hah! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

ToMacco
Damn right. George Lucas smoke the doobage. why do you think Yoda was green?big grin

Ushgarak
I dunno, Dim, I think it's a brave comment to say it won't even do nearly as well... LOTR is going to be pretty big stuff.

Padawan_Learner
Being one who has not opened a single Harry Potter novel hearing the news that a film about it would be made did not interest me. Seeing the trailer for the film before Monsters Inc. did though. I just saw it a few hours ago, it was pretty good.

ToMacco
I didn't like it at all. I thought it was boaring.

yerssot
everythime I see the adds on tv about HP, I have to laugh!

but to understand it, you need to know what potter means in slang here

mah
tell me!

Zed
You've got to understand something here, Harry Potter is a "childrens" book.

The book was written for children, and the success is based on children watching the reading the book and then watching the movie.

So if an adult says that the movie is crap, it doesnt really make a difference. It's when children say that its crap, then its crap. (which they havent)

Youre takin the movie out of context, the movie isnt there to entertain adults. If it does then its a plus.

yerssot
*yerssot burns his soapbox*
hey, we are all little children right? Well, at least I am!

And I'm NOT going to see it

(mah, I'll PM it to you)

mechmoggy
Saw it last night and my only criticism would be that it's too long, other than that it was okay for a "young persons" film. On the up side Mrs.Mechmoggy has ordered the three books so that she can read them to our kids......... when we eventually get round to having some that is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Four books, Mech.

I'll remind everyone that the first book in particualr was only of interest to kids; the whole series is, of couse, designed for kids, but then so is Star Wars.

(POSSIBLE SPOILER) By the time Harry is being tortured at the end of book 4, you can be pretty certain that this is no longer a book just for little toddlers.

The series made its name in books 2 and 3; they grow more family (rather than child) orientated as time goes by.

The big problem is that the other books are longer- the fourth book up to 4 times so. Quite how they are planning to bring them to screen when they made a 150 minute movie out of the shortest one is beyond me.

BackFire349
dont see the movie, simple as that, your not missing much

ToMacco
It just wasn't good. No way around it.

I understand that it was a film aimed towards kids, but every good movie aimed towards kids has a little something for the adults.

I understand how it was very true to the book (for what I've been told). It did what "The Phantom Menace" did; Set the stage for the next films.

"The SS" never went anywhere. The first two hours of it was just explaining things. That may be good reading, but it's not good filmmaking. ABSALUTLY NOTHING happend for two hours.

I think the Harry Potter films to follow will be better. Now that they have created this world, they can have an adventure in it.

I give HP&TSS two stars out of four.

Machine
dont risk jail time for a horrible movie like that

Machine
its 2 hours and 45 mins, long how many children stayed awake for the last hour, i swear the only reason it made so much money is, because they came to see the end in which they fell asleep through

Ushgarak
As far as I am concerned, Tex, the first book spent far too much time in set-up as well. The reading was little better...

Meanwhile, I think you have made your point, Machine.

JimiSTARR
ha ha

krassin
ok,to get the movie for free,just wait like 5-10 days then its 100% it will be on kazaa to download

krassin
dude,LOTR made 250 MILLION in the first week of the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.