questions about anakin -> vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peaser
I've been trying to think some things through:

1) What causes Anakin to turn?
Though no one knows for sure, I'm sure Palpatine is involved and the newest trailer seems to hint it has something to do with the fact that Anakin can't be with Padme and be a Jedi at the same time.

2) Why is Vader so mechanical in ep. 4-6?
Was he in some sort of accident? Has GL or someone else explained this? And will we see this in ep. 3?

"Vader's more machine than man, twisted and evil."

3) How does Anakin's turn relate in time to the birth of Luke and Leia?
I assume that Anakin has already turned before they are born or he would know that there were twins before ep. 6. But does that mean he's turned while still being together with Padme? Perhaps he turns in the 9 months between.

Any input or thoughts? ...

sand person no. 10
1) the death of his mother, ob1's training methods, the council's lake of faith in him, it was hinted that padme might betray him as well, i'm sure palpatine offers him an easier route.

2)It is thought that ob1 beats anakin in a duel atop a volcano or lava pit, knocks him in and the machinery is used to support his life.

3) Anakin probably turns before the birth of Luke hence him not knowing about leia and ob1 being able to hide him with the lars.

yerssot
same here

LaurenE147
I've been thinking that maybe Anakin turns because the Emperor makes him think that Padme has betrayed him, kind of like Othello. Iago makes Othello think that his wife is having an affair with his best friend, and Othello kills his wife. That's really likely and follows GL's habit of using literature and mythology in his movies.

yerssot
hmmm, but what about the kids then? That will be in EpIII and AFTER the birth of them, and Anakin doesn't know she's pregnant... tricky...

LaurenE147
I dont think he'll necessarily kill Padme when he "finds out" about her betrayal. He may not kill her at all. But I think that with the emperor's manipulative nature he could conjure things in Anakin's mind.

yerssot
but I think that it is important that you know what happend with Amidala

Dim
We do..she dies..

I understand what you mean but I think it might be a nice touch if we don't find out her fate until Jedi.

King Jedi
Another reason for him turning could be that he doesn't get rewarded for all the good things he does. In TPM he did good deeds and didn't look for any reward but he will in AOTC and when he doesn't get it, it'll probably mean trouble.evil face

yerssot
so the only thing we here about her will be:
Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

She died when I was very little.

_________

Not even saving the universe??? heck!

King Jedi
We have to see her die to show the consequences of Anakin turning. But he won't kill her.

yerssot
but you can't do it the same way as in EpII

King Jedi
How do you mean? NO big spoilers please!big grin

yerssot
Shmi gets killed by Sandpeople

Dim
Well, I for one would hope that GL would keep Padme's death a secret from us until Jedi..but hey, I've been dead wrong about everything else so far...so if you go by that we'll DEFINATELY see her demise.

yerssot
wooohoo big grin

one line in ROTJ is not good enough for me

Dim
I'm sure GL will explain it all for you..laughing out loud

yerssot
yeah! and you know why? ... I'm his long lost twin brother!

King Jedi
If she doesn't die in Ep3 I think it will ruin the whole story.sad

yerssot
we will see...

Dim
KJ, I would think that you of all people wouldn't want Natalie Portman's character to dielaughing out loud

King Jedi
I know. It's a hard thing for me to say but she really has to die.smile sad

yerssot
funny, and Jar Jar will probably survive...

King Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic) Here we go again. Brace yourselves!

yerssot
hey! I won't start!

King Jedi
You already have.sad Now it won't stop. It will go on for days and I'll be having nightmares.sad stick out tongue

yerssot
wooooooohoooooooooo!

King Jedi
You'll be saying aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!mad mad mad once it starts.laughing out loud

yerssot
well, bring it on!
And I already said it: for me Jar Jar isn't funny, that's why he is so annoying to me

King Jedi
Well to me he is funny and a classic Star Wars character. You see!!! We've just started it!sad sad Get back on topic quick!

yerssot
it's too late!
*To's computer explodes*
wooooohooooooo

well, anyway: what were the questions again?

LaurenE147
I said that Anakin might turn because of the alleged betrayal, but I don't think he'll kill her. I think at the end of EP3 we'll see her die of a sickness of a broken heart. Ith ink that the story wouldbe incomplete if we didnt see her die.

Captain REX
I heard on the web that Anakin was tricked. eek! During the Geonasis battle in AOTC, Anakin and Padme are seperated in the battle by the swarms of droids, Jedis, and clonetroopers. Then Anakin and Obi-Wan get into the battle with Count Dooku. The count knocks Obi-Wan out of the battle for a bit. Anakin and Dooku duel and then Dooku tells Ani that Padme is dead sad and that it was all Obi-Wan's fault.
Anakin gives up on fighting Darth Tyranus (the count's alter ego) and starts attacking Obi-Wan. Yoda comes in to stop Dooku from escaping. Now it is Obi vs. Ani and Yoda vs. Dooku. Ani almost turns to the Dark Side by almost killing Obi-Wan, but during Yoda's conflict with Darth Tyranus, Dooku sends a crane crashing down. Yoda uses the Force to hold it above the two Jedi, but Anakin is knocked unconcious and Obi-Wan is stuck. The Darth escapes in a Interstellar Solar Sailor, leaving Geonasis completely. Obi frees himself and drags Ani to safety. Yoda releases the crane and it hits the floor with a crash.

Another thing is that his mom went to pick mushrooms off of water vaporators, but is captured by Tusken Raiders. Anakin finds her being beaten by the Tuskens. He scares them off and shares a few last words with his mom before she dies. Heading back to the Lars Homestead (owned by Clieg Lars, Shmi's new husband and Owen's father), he spies a family of Tusken Raiders. The young Tusken kids see him. They smile and wave. He stops the swoop and walks to the Sand People. As soon as the mother sees him, it is too late. He ignites his saber and decapitates her (watch the end of Forbidden Love: Trailer C). Then he kills the Tusken kids.mad Ani seems to go a little wacko before returning to the Lars'.evil face

peluffo
I think annakin kills shmi who is dressed as tusken raider, and that brakes his soul, and the secret (he doesn't say it to NOBODY)
get his soul corrupted, what makes a good arena to get the wrong path!!!!!

Well, I drink to much.

Aquarius87
To Lauren: Hello child,Your yet another sensitive Cancer (why are Cancerians so popular around here?)
Must be a trait,for them to attract to science fiction.

Ushgarak
That 'tricked' comment from GL still needs proper definition. Easy to jump to the wrong conclusion.

bigsef2
we cant see padmes death. leia remembered her in ROTJ, so unless we see a 3 year old leia in episode III, i dont see how we could see padme die

Ushgarak
I agree, so do many others.

Some people, however, convinced that her death must be seen, speak of either an 'epilogue' section, or even that Leia was only talking about a foster mother.

bigsef2
i dont think lucas will do an epilouge. its possible that we will find out that padme has a disease and knows she wont live long enough to care for her children and she doesnt want anakin to have them, so THATS why she gives leah up to bail organa. what i would be interested in knowing is why luke went back to tatooine right after he was born. remember, he has NO memory of his real mother, but leia does. now THATS a mystery.

Ushgarak
Because Amidala goes to live on Alderan, presumably.

Meanwhile, I always assumed Amidala died of a broken heart.

LaurenE147
To not see Padme die would be a serious mistake. I believe it's crucial. The depth of the scene of Padme dying of a broken heart would show the devestating effects of Anakin's turning. Obi-wan should be there, too.

Ushgarak
But, as has been pointed out, it will be VERY difficult to fit in.

Aquarius87
Why would Padme die of a broken heart,well i suppose its plausible,but i think her death needs to have a more deeper cause,like being killed by Anakin,or the Empire. Dont forget Anakin becomes so dark,he'd even kill his own flesh and blood.
Anyways..thats my opinion.roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

ToMacco
Anakin (not VADER) will kill Padme.

He won't understand why she hid his child (actually children, to his unknowing).

He will then become Darth Vader. He has nothing to care about then. The Jedi who forbade his love, will only be in his way. So Palpatine convinces him he's the most powerful Jedi ever (which he already believed "Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi,ever).

So, kill all the Jedi.sad

Aquarius87
Well if thats the case,I wonder which child she hides? and which child is unknown to him?
Why would a girl child matter to him anyway?,you'd think he's just go "oh well its just a girl,how is she going affect my life"
But with a boy,he would be more cautious,so i think its leia who is hidden,but luke is safely on the way to tatooine in the arms of Obi Wan.Awww can you just imagine it!smile

darth fester
i think he turns because the jedi suck

and the dark side is far more rewarding and fun

King Jedi
I completly agree with that. We'll probably get a better idea of what happens after we find out the time elapsed between AOTC and Ep3.

Captain REX
I'll be almost 20 by the time it comes out, but, heck, can't wait.

Captain REX

queeq
Leia said quite clearly about her mother: "She died when I was very young."
Humans susually don't remember anything before the age of three or four. So Padme died around that time when Leia and Luke were four or five years old. For me that's BETWEEN PT and OT.

We don't NEED to see Padme die. It's not her story. I believe it's better to NOT see her die. The OT is Luke's story, the saga's Anakin's story. When Padme goes to Alderaan and it gets blown up in ANH, a veiwer may believe she died then. In ROTJ we then hear she died when Leia was very young and she even hints at Padme dying from grief.

DJ Velocity
Thats EXACTLY what I thought Queeq!!!

yerssot
and that's said all the time...

queeq
Time to close down then? evil face

Captain REX
Maybe Padme was still Leia's mother for a few years. Then she gave Leia to Organa. Then she died along with Organa in the Big Bang of Alderaan.confused
Just a thought.

King Jedi
I'm going to start a new thread on this since it's not on topic.

LanceWindu
That's what I have always thought

master harmax
Four things :

1. padme couldn't possibly have been on alderaan when it blew up because she died when leia was very little, i.e. many years prior to the time period in ANH.

2. It's highly unlikely considering the updated profiles of padme on the officialsite posted by Cap.Rex that Anakin/Vader kills Padme - in any case Leia remembers snatches of her mother and her death - and if it were such a gruesome death she would have definitely remembered that as well; most probably the broken heart theory is going to turn out right.

3. It'll be tricky to try and show the death of Padme - because of the time period which is at least 3-4 years after the birth of the twins - by which time Anakin had already turned - but GL might actually find a way around that - as it is Vader will be shown in Ep.3 - and we haven't yet got to see Vader in his prime - so they might actually somehow take the story to that time period - in fact Ep.3 may end on that time period - Darth Vader in his prime having destroyed the jedi order completely except for Obi Wan and Yoda - and the death of Padme when leia is about three years old and her twin brother Luke is already at the Lars homestead in Tattoine ( how he ended up there is another topic in itself )

4. Can we get back to the jar jar thing ? big grin

Ushgarak
Please don't drag this thread off-topic again, Harmax. A fresh thread WAS started about this.

master harmax
cool - sorry about that last one dude ...

queeq
Then this one dies...

CLOSING.

yerssot
still open

bigsef2
ah-ha! i got in a post before you closed it! rock!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.