The Third Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
After some time off, we are now ready for the third of our signatrure making contests, which will be run on pretty much the same lines as the one before. If this is very successful, we may run contests with more categories and other such things in future!

This competition is open to any registered member of the forums. Here is what we want entrants to do: Simply make a new signature image for yourself, that you might use at these forums. Make it as well as you can, something that you can be really proud of. Post it here. Then, when submissions are over, Raz and myself will judge the sigs and pick three winners, one for each of the following categories.

1. Best-looking signature, a simple award for the one that simply looks the best

2. Best designed signature, an award for the one that the judges feel was the most expertly and competently created.

3. The cleverest signature, an award for the signature that the judges think has the cleverest concept- originality and thought count a lot here.

Closing date for this competition is the end of the year. Please, take your time, as we will only be accepting single submissions; don't submit until you are sure you are finished.

When you are done, post your entry in this thread as an attachment. Please do not use this thread for anything other than posting entries! We have had difficulties with this before- this thread really is for entries only. If you wish to discuss the contest, please do it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t21445.html

Please, all queries there, this thread is just for entries.

Signatures can be of any form you like- scanned pics (so long as a reasonable amount of effort is done to make it your own) or pieces of art built from scratch. Certain things are more likely to win certain awards- scanned stuff tends to look better but a well made piece from scratch is far more likely to win the design award. Your name does not HAVE to be on the sig but that is the custom- if your name is not on the sig it had best be for a design reason. If you want to accompany your entry with an explanation of how you created it, that would be welcomed.

Please observe the following rules:

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.

2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.

3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just taken from somewhere else- it is a sig MAKING contest after all. And it has to be a new signature, made specifically for this contest.

4. Do not start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid.

5. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and probably containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.

6. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. Make sure your sig is finished before posting it; only your first entry will be accepted- mistakes and all.

7. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

-

So please, post your entries- and only your entries!- here.

LanceWindu
This is my first ever attempt at a true signature.

It was made using Microsoft Paint, so it's not as flashy as everyone elses will more than likely be.

There are a couple minor discrepancies I wish I could change, but I do not have the power to since I don't have Photoshop.

The black lines I wish were transparent and the ring in Gollums eye I wanted to be 50% transparent so it looks more like a reflection.

tptmanno1
ok this is my first attempt at a sig
here goes *crosses fingers*

Darkweaver
Okay, I'm going for broke. I'm going to enter the one that was suggested. Here it goes...

SpikeSpiegel
Here's mine. It's not to different from the one I've got, but I made my one based on having it for the third competition, but I got fed up of waiting so I decided to use it.

Hegemon875
I should probably wait a while longer before posting my sig but I just can't do it so here it is.

VallejoKid707
heres mine

nazgulinthedark
heres mine

Kosta
Vampire D theme. Pretty happy with this one.

Godshinto
I should wait but I have a busy week I hope you all like it.

FallingBlue
heres mine, and so you know, the fact that godshinto can use animated sigs in this contest is completely unfair as (for as far as I know) no one else has that software, its like throwing lambs to the wolves, we dont have sharp clws or razor fangs to fight back...

Michael Myers 1
heres mine it sucks but i wanted to do something with it

The One Himself
Here is mine.... confused (again)

burlyman
erm.. ok.. well heres mine
btw. the polaroids are wholey original big grin
as you can guess, its on memento wink

(around the photos it should be clear but it didnt work in thumbnail confused )

el_barto
well this isnt even close to the best sig here but i might as well try

RonyLeBeau
Here is mine.

shifty

badkittykitty
heres mine... laughing out loud

Matrix_man
heres mine...big grin

Trinity_Matrix
...and here's mine...yay for me and my Final Fantasy obsession stick out tongue

Dexx
well..here it is....i'm kind of disappointed..but..heck...i don't feel like making another

SlayerChick1188
okay, here's mine, decided to go with an old favorite...FUTURAMA!

MissMarsden
Please hold your laughter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hypernova
My obsession with SW and LOTR big grin

Atlantas
Here's mine. Made it w/ Adobe photodeluxe.

PadfootsPyrefly
Here's mine...hehe, just in time, new years eve ^^

Ushgarak
Ok, folks, thanks a lot for your contributions; in order to account for time zones, I shall close this when I get back to the board tomorrow, unless Raz closes it first.

[[.c.dutton.]]
ya i know i have noooo chance at this, but here i go..

Ushgarak
Oooh, just snuck in in time there! Ok, that is it for submissions, I shall close this thread now until the judging is done.

Ushgarak
Okidokey then, myself and Raz are done. Before I get on to the results, I would like, of course, to thank everyone who submitted an entry very much for taking part. The quality was very good again, getting better each timer, as ever it is always a shame to have to exclude some but that is in the nature of competitions. Several sigs, like RonyleBeau's and Kosta's, were well liked but didn't quite manage to win anything; I think everyone can be happy with what they submitted.

The winners are as follows.

1. Best-looking sig: This goes's to Matrixman's Matrix sig. Obviously a composite of other images, the compoisting has been done very well and the whole thing put together very stylishly. It is big, bright, clear, pretty and effective- in short, everything it needed to be to win this ward.

2. Best-designed sig: This caused the most deliberation, but in the end this went to Dexx. A development of his earlier entries, you can see that a great deal of competent design effort has gone into its construction (and on a personal note... I just really like the blue...)., and we feel that Dexx just pipped some of the other well-made sigs to the post.

3. Cleverest sig: A clear winner this one, this goes to Burlyman's Memento sig. This simple concept is a very good one, seemlessly tying together both being a tribute to the movie and being a sig in one. We thought this was very neat!

So there you go, there are the three winners for this one. I shall now re-open this thread, and now anyone can comment in here as they like.

Fire
three just winners

badkittykitty
great choices! congrats gang!

The One Himself
Congratulations to the winners. big grin I had a feeling about Dexx sig. (great sig) thumb up

silver_tears
Congrats guys very nicely done yesthumb up

Dexx
*pops in*
eek...what? i won something?
wow...didn't really expect it smile.the competition was more than competent, so i guess i'm kind of surprised..thank you, thank you big grin

Matrix_man
eek! holy flying butt monkeys! laughing out loud

i really didnt expect to win anything!..mainly cos all the sigs were of a great quality!yes but thanks guys! big grin well done to evryone!

Raz
Yes well done *everyone*. They were *all* great sigs and it was a tough decision to make.

Matrix_man
*cough*ur cheque's in the mail raz*cough* wink

burlyman
eek!
embarrasment i won something What the f**k?
thanks happy they were all marvelous wink

Michael Myers 1
Good job guys i wish i could use the cool stuff u guys use maybe next time ill enter a diff sig but i still gotta use the ol' paint. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Poo...I didn't win.

But good job everyone!

SlayerChick1188
Yeah great job guys big grin

Michael Myers 1
Man lance i like your new sig its cool i love that episode too. big grin

Trinity_Matrix
Congrats everyone who won!

LanceWindu
Thanks MM1.

RonyLeBeau
eek! Wow THANX Ush
hey it feels great just being mentioned by you... big grin

and ya'll made great CHOICES (the judges)

WTG everyone smile ....

el_barto
man i need to learn how to use those photo shop thingies laughing out loud

venomfan
this may be soon but..................................................................when is the next one?

el_barto
it will probably be a long time till the next one

el_barto
but i might make a sig making contest ( again ) but im still thinking

venomfan
right on then ill have time to make a good one

The One Himself
You guys mean something like an Unofficial Sig Making Contest? pirate shifty

venomfan
kinda, i would rather it be a offical one but that will probably not happen for a while

Matrix_man
el barto> the spelling of sephiroth in ur sig is worng...get hege to change it

mook
i really dont like sigs, i have them turned off, i think they clog up the screen.

LarryTheArch
edit

Raz
Unsticking the thread as the contest is long over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.