Why not an INDY board?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Think about it - The Terminator has a board, and that's just 3 movies {with a fourth on the way}. But Indy also has 3 movies {with a fourth on the way}. Whaddaya say? Especially since the DVD's just came out, I feel that this is more suitable than ever...

yerssot
if there are enough people willing to participate in it

Ushgarak
This will almost certainly happen when the hype for the new film starts to build up more.

Fire
a 4th Terminator???

yerssot
He'll be back wink

Raz
Agree with Ush. Just not sure when...

Fire
and Indy board would rock tho

Raz
I think a thread in the Movie Discussion is fine for now as there is hardly any news on the movie yet. Also the DVD reviews can go in the DVD forum for the time being.

Once news and interest picks up, I shall create the forum.

Fire
woohoo

thx Raz

Ahnold
Raz IS the meister...

Oh thx for letting me alter those two profiles one last time...

LindsIsTightK
You guys what is INDY? embarrasment confused

yerssot
indy, Indiana Jones, teaches history at college and hunts relics in his spare time, situated around 1935-1940 orso, starring a young Harrison Ford, the movie were made in the eighties

there is a new one underway

LindsIsTightK
Well I was thinking Indiana Jones, but I wasn't sure how you got that abreviation.........

yerssot
INDIana Jones
Indi
Indy
wink

silver_tears
umm I was thinking cars embarrasment

yerssot
that's Indycars wink

oh well, you're from CanaDUH, so you're allowed to be wrong

silver_tears
mad don't make me kick you
and even so they call it Indy stick out tongue

yerssot
and I call

Indiana's North Dekota Ypres also Indy roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
wtf is a ypres What the f**k?

yerssot
a city

silver_tears
oh whoops embarrasment anyways I love Indiana Jones and I think its a great idea big grin

Captain REX
Yeah, I want the DVD thing for X-mas...

silver_tears
I have it big grin

Captain REX
*pulls out ninja gear...* whistle

yerssot
*thwacks rex*
keep it on topic

WindDancer
You can add to the waiting list Raz. Indiana Jones forum sounds good to me.

big grin

yerssot
but what news would it be than?

Ahnold
BUMP stick out tongue !

I just remembered this thread, and wanted to make sure that the suggestion was not forgotten ...

Oh don't worry about that, yerss - there's plenty of news floating around about Indy Four, even now. And if you're still worried about a potential lack of content, just remember that there's the wealth of material that could be talked about in regards to the first three films ...

I realise that the forum idea might not happen for a while ... I just wanna make sure that it does some day happy

<<Solo>>
No.

yerssot
ahnold, now they are actually writing the movie, that's the difference with my last post stick out tongue

Ahnold
If it happens, it happens. What do I care? I'm leaving anyway ...

Ahnold
Just thought that it would be cool is all ...

§pearhead
Just to put this into perspective to how old it is, this thread was made the day I joined...messed why are you bringing it up now?

Ahnold
Another golden oldie. Bump bump bump bump it up stick out tongue ! Indiana Jones 4, people; it's edging ever closer to reality ...

Um, re-read my earlier post, and you'll see ...

Raz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2866343#post2866343

dave123
zorro Raz hath delivered

Ahnold
Indeed. Hurrah for raz!

WindDancer
*puts on Indiana Jones hat and prepares whip*

Can't wait for this baby to come to KMC. cool

Storm
It' s the right time to take advantage of Raz. He' s so generous lately shifty

Ahnold
Erm, now raz, about you making me a global mod ...

Heh - only joking people stick out tongue

Mr Parker
Hooray for Raz!!!! Happy Dance

WindDancer
That's right! Happy Dance stick out tongue

Ahnold
Bump!

Hey guys. Hmmm ... this is my first post to the KMC (and certainly to this section) in a while now (as I've been kinda busy with exams and stuff - you know how it is). Anyway - on to business.

Sorry for bumping such a "golden oldie", but I just remembered this idea again this morning, and was wondering if there had been any development on this front?

Originally posted by Ahnold
I realise that the forum idea might not happen for a while ... I just wanna make sure that it does some day happy

Well ... since we now know with definitive certainty that "Indiana Jones 4" WILL be coming out next year (it finally starts filming in the middle of next month big grin !), is the time not right *finally* for this board to be created? After all, Raz is quoted as saying (in this post: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...343#post2866343) waaay back in December of 2004 that, " Indy board will be coming, since the movie is on its way soon". Well ... it's now closer than ever!

So Raz - what do you say, Meister man?

Storm
Raz is currently not available.

Ahnold
Oh no expression. Do you know when he'll be back?

Oh, and btw, the full link to Raz' post about the Indy forum (which I quoted from above) is: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2866343#post2866343. Sorry for the dead link in my above post.

Spidervlad
Yeah, I haven't seen Raz in a while. What happened to him?

Mišt
(it finally starts filming in the middle of next month big grin !), is the time not right *finally* for this board to be created?

They havent started filming yet? blink Geez, I thought they would have wrapped it up by now....

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Yeah, I haven't seen Raz in a while. What happened to him?

I banned him and took over his account evillaugh

Forgot what I was actually going to say doh
Maybe replace the TMNT forum? The movie is out, and the forum still hasnt seen a lot of activity....and is still only 2 pages long. I admit I probably wont post in an Indy 4 forum yet cause I dont want to be spoiled, but it holds my interest more than TMNT...

Ahnold
As I'm sure is the case for a hell of a lot of people! Come on mods - if you're giving a whole forum to something like "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", then the Indiana Jones films certainly deserve one! And preferrably not just a 'Sub-Forum' too!

Apologies if I sound a bit forceful here, but this is probably the longest-in-development forum ever here at the KMC; we've been talking about an Indy board on here for a whopping 3 and a half years now, and have been promised one for 2 and a half!

JaehSkywalker
hmm.. an Indy forum sounds very interesting.. that's where i could hang out and look for spoilers on Indy 4 and talk about other.. stuff. yeah.

Storm
Forum expansion has to be done by Raz, and as mentioned earlier, he is currently absent and not due to arrive anytime soon.

WrathfulDwarf
We have to wait guys.

Hold on the puns like "Raiders of the Lost Forum" or "Forum of Doom" and such...stick out tongue

Schecter
*desperately tries to conjure up a 'last crusade' pun*

*fails*

*leaves*

Ahnold
Originally posted by Storm
Forum expansion has to be done by Raz, and as mentioned earlier, he is currently absent and not due to arrive anytime soon.

Hmmm ... a shame sad . Still, much like Indy IV itself, I am confident that the much-delayed Indiana Jones forum will happen someday; I'm just here to make sure it does with my helpful (annoying? stick out tongue ) reminders smile .

Strangelove
I personally think that the movie forums in the "More Movie Forums" subset are unnecessary and should be deleted srug

Ahnold
Who said that the Indy board should necessarily be just a Sub-Forum stick out tongue ?

Mišt
It will be, it will go under the Franchises forum as a sub.

Strangelove
Who said that the Indy board should necessarily be just a Sub-Forum stick out tongue ? I'm not against an Indy forum, I'm just of the opinion that the current ones should be removed

Ahnold

Barker
I think you misunderstood me; what I meant was that I hope it doesn't go into the "More Movie Forums" category (that includes the Matrix and Terminator films) ...
Indy is nowhere near as popular as LOTR, HP, POTC, or JB on KMC.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Barker
Indy is nowhere near as popular as LOTR, HP, POTC, or BJs on KMC. srug

Ahnold
Originally posted by Barker
Indy is nowhere near as popular as LOTR, HP, POTC, or JB on KMC.

Well, from this thread at least it appears that the Indy movies ARE quite popular for people here. I realise that I can't speak for the other members of the KMC, but there are certainly countless moviegoers in general (of whom I'm sure the members here are representative), myself included, who much prefer the "Indiana Jones" franchise to at least some of those that you mentioned (thinking of "POTC" in particular). Y'know, there was a poll yesterday on IMDB which asked who people's favourite live-action hero was. And ya know who won? That's right - our man in the hat. And he beat James Bond. And Jack Sparrow. And countless others.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put down any of those other movie franchises that you mentioned. I'm just saying that, with Indy IV coming out next year, I think that an Indy forum has the potential to be really popular. Certainly more so than "Sub-Forums" like the Matrix and Tmnt ones!

BakaXero
I'm assuming that IMDB votes would have come a majority of the older movie goers, where as this forum seems to be frequented by more of the younger viewers. Also polls tend to lack in accuracy as not everyone choose to participate. So your getting a generalisation from those who do participate.
I may be wrong about the younger/older thing, but what i do know is that poll is more likely to reflect the IMDB site then here.
I'd say it would do better then a TMNT forum (didn't think it was really nessessary to have), but not nessessarily Matrix. I think it still has the potential to end up like the Matrix forum. As it may become popular at the time of a release but will die down dramatically to barely any visitors when it's no longer as big of a deal. Just like the Matrix forum ermm
I'd say it's pretty much the same with almost every other movie.

come to think of it... I vote we have a Spielberg subforum instead... That can cover the Indy saga and many others of his ingenious movies.

WrathfulDwarf
Filming and production are currently in progress in New Mexico for Indiana Jones 4.

.....whistle...

Raz
Sounds like a plan.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Raz
Sounds like a plan. It's not in the forum jump cry

Jaeh_JediPirate
Well, from this thread at least it appears that the Indy movies ARE quite popular for people here. I realise that I can't speak for the other members of the KMC, but there are certainly countless moviegoers in general (of whom I'm sure the members here are representative), myself included, who much prefer the "Indiana Jones" franchise to at least some of those that you mentioned (thinking of "POTC" in particular). Y'know, there was a poll yesterday on IMDB which asked who people's favourite live-action hero was. And ya know who won? That's right - our man in the hat. And he beat James Bond. And Jack Sparrow. And countless others.

you know we POTC fangirls(exact word) are more active than you think.... hmm

but an IJ forum sounds great.

Ahnold
Originally posted by Raz
Sounds like a plan.

HA eek! !!! Raz hath delivered on his promise eek! !!! At last we have an "Indiana Jones" forum (and, what's more, it's not a rubbishy 'Sub-Forum' either - how cool is THAT big grin?!); and so the campaign has been a complete success big grin !

Thanks to all those in here who supported the idea, and, of course, to Raz - the man who pulled a Picard and made it so. May I say, meister, that you will *not* regret this decision!

And now if you'll excuse me, I might just head over there myself stick out tongue !

WrathfulDwarf
Dr. Jones!!!!!!!

*sweeeet*

Ahnold
The 3 and a half year wait to get this forum into existence? Totally worth it stick out tongue ...

Jaeh_JediPirate
wow! i can't believe it! *heads there immediately*

i can't believe i missed that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.