Mr. Bean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SilverFighter
Here in America Mr. Bean was shown on PBS but it has been almost 3 years since they shown any new episodes. Does any one know if Rowan Atkinson quit making episodes? Or are there still shown in England? Anyways Mr. Bean was one the funniest characters ever to made by the BBC!! Mr. Bean was a very hilarious character laughing out loud

Raz
It wasn't made by the BBC and I don't think he is making anymore. I think he is making some film or other.

BarmyBrummie
Mr. Bean was stopped AGES ago!

wicker_man
Indeed it wasn't, Mr Bean was made by Thames Television a company i believe that are owned by the whole ITV (a.k.a Channel 3 ) brand. Mr Bean finished in 1996-1997 ( i think) but has re-appeared in movie format (i.e. Bean : The Ultimate Disaster Movie) and animated format (i.e. Mr Bean : The Animated Series.), on a more informal note Mr Bean will remain one of my favourite television shows ever, Rowan Atkinson is a genuis and one of my favourite television actors.

SilverFighter
I always thought that Mr.Bean was a BBC production. I sure missed his comedy and I agree the movie was a mistake.

BingaBonga
Mr. Bean is awesome!! I haven't seen it for a while, but my mom has taped the shows from about 8 years ago or so... he could always make me laugh... laughing

G.P
I think Atkinson is a great entertainer and comedian, but I didn't like the show (Mr. Bean) very much. To a certain extent I preferred Benny Hill's

BingaBonga
really? You're the first person that's ever told me that... *in shock*

Wolfie
I'm reminded of a quote from The Simpsons

"It is the longest running English tv show and we're gonna show all eight episodes today"

burlyman
you probably think its BBC because you probably watched it on BBC America (i think they show programmes from ITV and C4 aswell) confused

G.P
Two reasons for that:
1) I watch the Benny hill show when I was a little kid (i.e before he died) and I found that very funny
2) I discovered "Mr. Bean" later and seriously, it didn't make me laugh at all.

yerssot
last I heard, mr. atkinson really disliked his character and didn't want to be remembered of it messed

show wasn't THAT good, twas fun from time to time, movie was just a loooong show ... I really prefer his stand-ups a LOT more smile
(don't know the title of it, but saw it in school and once on a BA flight, that was a hilarious one)

cermiestar
Mr Bean!!! i was at the premiere of the movie!!! it is so cool!!! i prefer blackadder tho....that is hilarious

Pablo G
Mr. Bean rocks ! I have the DVDs and the movie.

BingaBonga
Well, would you want to be remembered as a dumbass character? I mean that was what he was known for. In movies he also plays that character. I don't blame him at all. He has a wife and kids (kind of gross sick) and he doesn't want his kids to think of him like that and want them to look up at him to think that. I heard that on an interview with him. wink

Shadow_King
i know this is really old but i was wondering why is it that everytime bean walks past a tv everything goes static?

Shadow_King
oh ya this show is funny.

BlackMamBA
I use to watch Mr.Bean when it used to cum on I dont no y but i laughed mah ass off everytime i watch it. laughing

Stormy Day
Im glad it stoped.Its so stupid.

Mortanius
I liked the episode when Mr. Bean was with his girfriend and they were window shopping. She was pointing at a ring and made sure that Bean saw it. When it came time to exchange presents, Bean had got her the picture of a couple looking at the ring.

Red Superfly
Mr.Bean rocks.

PippinTook
I used to love Mr. Bean laughing out loud

I don't remember any of the episodes, though sad It's been so long since I've seen it since it was cancelled and all...

DarkC
They should make new ones; they're like classics now.

My favourite part was in "Back to School Mr. Bean" when he ordered those soldiers to do weird things. laughing out loud

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by PippinTook
I used to love Mr. Bean laughing out loud

I don't remember any of the episodes, though sad It's been so long since I've seen it since it was cancelled and all...

Exactly, they need to bring back the Beanmeister, lol

DarkC
CBC's airing them again, but now new ones really. Just saw 'Mr.Bean in Room 426'.

Acherontia
Anybody Ever See "The thin Blue line" ? It was a Police show Starring Rowan Atkinson.

I don't really havea favorit Epesoide, Every epesoid Is Calssic... Like the one where he gets his camera stolen... Or When he makes a Snadwich out of stuff from his pokets.. the New Years Eve Party... When he goes to the Circus... The Magician... The picnic.. The Dentist... the Math Test...

His Stand ups where great... I saw the first one.. awsn't really a stand up... he Vaccumed up the spotlight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.