Twin Peaks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EOWYN3
I know that there HAS to be some Twin Peaks fans out there. This was seriously the best television show EVER! Right?? Anyone, anyone? C'mon, I know you're out there!

rinaldoz
Damn Good Coffee!!! And Hot!!!

rinaldoz
Twin Peaks is the daddy of all great series right now. I first saw it 13 years ago. And still rocks. Me and my friends all take 1 week a year to watch this splendid series. First season on DVD, but the second season i still watch on VHS. THese tapes are really worn out. Bring Twin Peaks back!!! For a 3rd season.

EOWYN3
FINALLY! Yay, someone else appreciates Twin Peaks--it's really the best show...

Dario Argento
Awesome! I own season 1 on DVD.

rinaldoz
This is my all time favourite show. I think they should make a third season set in the future. (Cooper stays in the Black Lodge for 25 years)
I still think they should have done a crossover episode with the X-Files. That would've been so cool!!! To bad both are not on TV anymore. But I own the first 8 seasons of X-Files on DVD. And Wouldn't it be great if Mulholland Dr. was made as a tv series?

Dario Argento
Yes it would. There are so many interesting characters in that movie. The movie was great, but it would have been better as a tv-series as it was meant to be.

big gay kirk
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier... there was a fish in the percolator...

amante
my vote is Veronica Mars. it's tough to craft a convincing mystery, but I think they did it here. A girl is murdered and her father is a suspect. Other cases come on Ms. Mars' desk too besides this main one that baffles her. Her mom disappears too and ends up linked to the supposed paternal killer- hmmm

Solo
Great tv series, it's funny how much Lost and The Black House leeched off of this.

Solo
I'm surprised there's not as many replies. This is easily the best television series of all time.

Solo
Lost rips-off Twin Peaks to the highest extreme.

Solo
Bumpin' this shit.

killphil
Best TV series ever. I own the whole series on DVD, but am anxiously awaiting an official release as the final episode in my set has Spanish subtitles for the Black Lodge scenes and that's quite distracting. The quality could be alot better too.

I still hold out hope(however futile) that the series will pick up again 25 years from the last episode(both our time and time elapsed in the show) and bring the series full circle to the original Black Lodge appearance in the 2nd episode.

Since Jack Nance died, we'll just say he was really killed in the explosion(which means Audrey is dead by default), but they'll need a new BOB to replace Silva.

I know it'll never happen, but I still hold onto hope.

Solo
I'm glad there's a fellow TP fan here. The series really doesn't get the attention it deserves, considering it is the best.

I hear there's talk about a film sequel to the series. Mark Frost and David Lynch are discussing whether or not they want to do it.

Something of that sort.

killphil
Man, that'd be a wet dream come true. But for now, I'm just waiting for season 2 to come out on DVD(if it ever happens). Last I heard, it was slated for November, but who knows.

And I'm still not clear if we'll ever see a proper transfer for the pilot. Hope they got the rights now.I heard season 1 was getting rereleased as well, so maybe we'll see the pilot here. I got my reformatted region 2 set to keep me happy until then I guess.

And I prefer thinking Lost was inspired by Twin Peaks as opposed to rippin it. It sure has alot of the same storytelling style. Every answer just brings more questions. Just goes to show how before it's time and ultimately influential TP was.

pr1983
Man, i feel soooo old being able to remember this show... not that i understood any of it (i was a young un at the time)

Solo
Yeah, my previous comments about Lost ripping off Twin Peaks are pretty ignorant. I take them back to a certain extent. Lost is my favorite television series on the air.

I also own the region two release of season one, and am satisfied with it for the time being. But season two is a must have, and I can't wait for it to be released. There's also rumours that Lynch is rereleasing Fire Walk With Me with a clearer picture, supposively he's working on that right now.

I'd be so happy if they followed up on the series in any way.

killphil
Well the rumor is, that TPFWWM will be rereleased with all the deleted scenes, such as Chet Desmonds fight w/Sherrif Cable and the Agent Jefferies Bueno Airies hotel scene. Altogether, the movie is supposed to run close to 4 hours if all the deleted scenes were put back in.

I signed a petition over at Dugpa.com(it's got quite a few sigs already), though I don't know if petitions even work, but it's worth a try. Anything to further illuminate the mysteries of TP is cool by me.

Any theories on the Good Dales' presence in the Lodge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.