Fade out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Does anyone else think that its a total kop-out when bands fade out a track? It takes true musical genius to end a track properly and so many bands have fallen into the trap of fading out songs on the album. Why bother doing that cus when they play live they have to stop it properly then, so why not do it on the album?

It may not make any sense to anyone else but fading out really bugs me. mad

Lara
I admit that it is rather cheesy, I absolutely hate it. I dont fade out my music. I dont see the point in it.

finti
it is for keeping down the track lenghts. It is an old radio thing really, if the tracks were longer than some length they didnt get airplay. So by fading the songs they cut up to l 10-15 sec
of a track. And it have stayed ever since. Dont know why they do it now days though, but the entire songs never get played on the air anyway.

yerssot
it's not that good when you do that but it doesn't bother me

Ushgarak
You make music, Lara?

yerssot
you didn't know that? eek! eek! eek!

Texas
The Smashing Pumpkins and Bjork never fade outsmokin'

finti
well i`ve either turned it off or changed the channel whenever they are on so i wouldnt knowbig grin

Texas
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Changed the cahnnel to look for Boy Georgestick out tongue

Ratcat
Fade outs have their place, but I agree that it is much better when a track ends with some kind of, well, ending I guess...smile

yerssot
like Queen: we will rock you ??

ToMacco
Queen has got some good music.

I don't think it's good or bad when musicians fade out their tracks.

I do, however get irritated when artists, call themselves artists, when they don't write their own songs.

I HATE when songs get re-done. Many, many many bands have reworked classic Bob Dylan songs, and it always sounds like s**t.

Chile
How about Gun's and Roses cover of Live and Let Die? That was a great cover.

*cleverly avoids any mention of Guns and Roses cover of Knockin' on Heavens door*

er..... have I lost my inner monologue again? smile

on topic:
I agree that full fade outs are sort of blase nowdays.

mechmoggy
I dunno To, the rolling stones version of "like a rolling stone" is quite good. And Alien Antfarm's (spelling?) version of "smooth criminal" is much better that MJ's - the big freak. stick out tongue

Ratcat
BIG MJ fan here, well up to and including Dangerous. The new album sucks monkeys. I hate to think what the version he dumped was like.

$23,000,000.00, what a waste!

The AAA version of Smooth Criminal rocked! Much better that the original.

My favorite fade out has to be Give me a reason by The Corrs, just sounds so pleading...

mechmoggy
Has anyone heard "main offender" by The Hive (I think thats thier name), that song knows how to end! It's dead kewl. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.