Missing scenes and characters in ROTK..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

howie
The most obvious scenes that werent in the movie were offcourse the death of Saruman, House of Healings, and the burning of the Shire. But as a die-hard fan of Tolkien I was a bit dissapointed when some scenes and characters were not included.....Like the company of the Rangers and the sons of Elrond werent there, paths of the Dead was way too short, no Prince Imrahil, no battle of Aragorn and Sauron through the palantir, no scene of Denethor looking through the palantir showing erveryone why hes such a crazed lunatic, no mouth of Sauron, and what surprised me the most was that there was no wedding of Aragorn and Arwen. As a fan I was looking forward for all these little things, but hey,its probably going to be in the extended version. Nevertheless, this movie was outstanding! Yes its definitely the best out of all three. My life is now complete, everyone in this forum was great. Goodbye now, till we chat again... smile

GABRIEL05
MIGHT WANNA USE SPOILERS ASSJACKER!!! What you did is inconsiderate ignorant silly and just plain rude. I say good day to you sir!

howie
hahahaha.... laughing laughing so so sorry, my bad..

GABRIEL05
*sips beer merrily*

thorC
oh really. don't worry it's kind of comercial and sth like that.
but i think u will buy the DVD right (me too )
ha ha ha

Fire
well your bad could spoil a lot of things

and scenes deleted, even if they aren't in the DVD, is mostly due to lack of time

mah
I think everyone who've seen the movie would agree that the scourging of the Shire would in fact ruin the whole movie. It would've made such weird and silly ending, oh my. Thank Pete for not letting that scene be filmed. Otherwise, yeah, it's already so long, somethings must be cut.

DARKVIRUS
I would have liked to have seen the rangers as well as the mouth of sauron but, hey! dont get me wrong I still have a HUGE smile on my face and im going back to see it tonight.

ElvenQueen
The movie was good but here is my opinion on it:

had a few disapointments:

The whole Frodo turns on Sam because of Gollum thing....pointless and dumb...Tolkien didnt write it. Does Peter Jackson honestly think hes better than Tolkien enough to change the story.

No Faramir/Eowyn romance scenes....They give a hint too that they were together at the end...but I wanted to see the whole romance like in the book which is really sweet and beautiful and happy....They better have it in the extended version.

Eowyn didnt ask to go with Aragorn on the paths of the dead in the movie when she did in the book. This truely showed how much Eowyn loved Aragorn and they didnt even have it...Made me pretty upset.

And yes...I was disapointed that Frodo wasn't fully naked and still had pants on. Damn PG-13

What I loved:

Pippin was in the movie soooo much. I loved the singing...I loved how he was a hero...It was just great. And the palantir scene was very well done.

Eowyn and Merry's battle scene against the Witch King....GIRLS CAN KICK ASS TOO!

The path of the dead. I thought the dead were really well done and they seriously creeped me out. Even though the didnt battle in pelenor fields in the book. I kinda liked the change...I understand why they did it too. They didnt have enough time to have 2 differant battles at the same time.

The Eagles are coming! The eagles are coming! A great part in the book and just as well in the movie.

Faramir was made cool again. TTT change of character didnt even matter in this movie. he was awesome...I think I have a crush on the actor even if he does have a big nose.

Legolas and the Oliphant...awesome

And there is alot more than I cant think of right now.

So overall I liked more than i disliked which is good.

Elfstone
i'll never understand why he would change stuff, i understand saving some for the EE cause the movie can't be that long, but just chaging stuff..WTF

GABRIEL05
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH WHY DID I READ!!???! NO RANGERS NO MOUTH OF SAURON!??!?! WHY YOU SILLY FAHRQUADS??!?

See thats how it should be done

Fire
without the S

It's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.