OMG!READ THIS, READ THIS, READ THIS!!!!!!! *possible spoilers*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aurora
Happy Dance Happy Dance Yahooo for New Line and Trilogy Tuesday Happy Dance Happy Dance

Anyone who is reading this please look past any ommission of details, misspelling of names, places, or words in general. And If I tend to run on bear with me.
It is now 4 am my time. I have now been up for 25hrs and 45 minutes!!!!!!
During that time 8hrs have been spent standing in line with other COOL people, 12hrs have been spent watchingTHE THREE GREATEST MOVIES EVER!!!!! , the other 5 or so hours have been spent driving to the movies and from the movies and eating! big grin

Just let me say right now these things before I forget:
1) No movie will ever compare, and i mean never compare, to these three movies!
2) Buying the all u can eat popcorn tub and then actually having 12 hours to refill it, isn't alway's a great idea!
3) Ditto for the large soda!
4) Ringgers are some of the coolest ppl u will ever meet.
5) NewLine maynot have the hottest reps, but they bring gifts! The coolest gift ever!
6) Gandalf kicks ass! No serousily he does!
7) Cinema workers just don't get how

Dario Argento
The whole trilogy is awesome.

mah

DARKVIRUS
Oh man what a great day it was yesterday for me as well. I got to the movie theatre around 8:30 am into my seats around 11:00am and off to the middle earth at 1:30 pm. This has to be by far the best movie going experience I have ever had.

I have never done anything like this before and Im telling you I could have gone for another four hours after return of the king. It was such a perfect setting. The ppl who were in the theatre were true fans of the book and movie. It was almost as though we were all seeing the movies for the first time. Ppl were clapping and laughing at jokes that we all know we have seen a million times but, if there was ever a place to fully embrace the trilogy, it was this day.

There was so much emotion in the air and by the end of return of the king I can honestly say if there was one dry eye in the house it would have been a surprise to me.

I remember thinking to myself "Am i crazy, fourteen hours in a movie theatre"....it turned out to be 17 hours outside and insie the movie theatre and given a second chance I would have not done it anyother way. This trilogy is something very special, a landmark in movie history and it does not let down.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for an extended edition trilogy next year...I really do hope this is not the last time I get to witness these masterpieces the way they should be experienced.

Aurora
it cut alot off my post!!!!

Aurora
I am gonna post what I thought of ROTK in another thread, but I thought if anyone else went to trilogy tuesday they could tell their Experiance!

My sister and I arrived at the theater at 6am to meet up with other die hard fans. We were the first to arrive, but due to my judgement, and bad sense of direction we did not actually meet anyone until 7. (My Bad) We still were in the top 10 ppl there. Luckily the movie theater that hosted was inside a mall, so we were not in the winter cold. In line (which moved locations 3 times from 7-10) we met some of the coolest ppl ever. There was never a shy first meeting moment, it was if we had known these ppl our whole lives. The "Group" of us, yes we called ourselves that, at the beginning of the line were very diverse and if we had met anywhere else probally would have never spoken. There was me and my sis (two girlie girls who brought chairs, a thermous of hot cocca and donuts for everyone), a 60 year old who was so cool, Greg a guy who is the biggest lotr fan i know, and alot of other awsome ppl.

There was even a girl i met who almost loved Dom as much as me. Well ALMOST!!!!

We also got LOTR hats and a collectable frame with actual film frames from the movies. It is awsome!!!! There was more but I do not want to go on forever so,.,,,,,,

Aurora
I AGREE TOTALLY! Even the guys made no move to hide the tears.
The emotion was so strong thro the entire three movies that at the end we were all silent. I think that the theater workers thought it was from sleep deprivation, but in reality we all were trying to soak in that we had just been witnesses to movie history.

I had not cried on FOTR or TTT since i had saw them on the big screen years ago in some cases. But u could feel every emotion hightened in the theater. When a joke was made (even if u had seen the scene 20 times it was as it was a new joke), action scenes were better than u remembered. I cried like a baby when Borimir died, Theodred's funeral, and about the entire ROTK. But it was wonderful!!!!

Fire
well it'll have to be good to be better than gandalf's falling in the dark in moria and the lil bit there after

DARKVIRUS
Aurora: Hey you got a hat!?...that's it im going back and demanding my hat as a matter of fact for this injustice I will also ask for one of the shirts the staff was wearing for trilogy tuesday...hehehe.

I did manage to get the still frame, which is excellent BTW. Man this was such a great experience, im so sad it's over. I will of course enjoy ROTK in the theatre again but, never the way I did yesterday.

I was also lucky to be inside of a mall over here in new york. You are absolutely right about no-one trying to hold anything back or cover up the tears. I remember one of the most emotional parts was when aragorn looked at arwen intensely and then grabbed her for the kiss...oh man what a moment.

The only thing's you could see at the end of the film were ppl sniffling, smiling while wiping tears away and saying " oh man this is it, nothing to look foward to next year"....that's when you know something is special.

Aurora
The hat was won. I won it before the movie in the line party drawling. I would have much rather have won some of the other prizes. There was a bunch of good ones. The best was a 1974 Tolkien brass belt buckle, it had a ring engraved on it with the words "Speak friend and enter" engraved in both elvish and common tougne. Then on the back it was engraved by the artist and a few other ppl. It was very valuable.

They gave away about 10 hats. My sis and I both won oone.

I agree about the Aragorn and Arwen kiss. But what did it for me (not that I stopped crying through the last 45 mins) but i tear up just thinking about this. When the four hobbits bow to Aragorn and Arwen and Aragorn says that they bow to no one, and then everyone bows to them! That was powerful

Aurora
Oh and I was wondering what frames were in urs. Mine has Elrond for the FOTR, a pic from Helms Deep for TTT, and Aragorn next to Brego for the ROTK.

DARKVIRUS
Yes that was a very powerfull scene. Incredible picture, absolutely incredible trilogy. In my still frames I have:

Fotr: A view of bree in the rain

TTT: Eomer speaking to gimli with that look on his face. "I would cut off your head dwarf...."

Rotk: Pippin when he was at gandolf's side while gandolf was talking to denethor.

I think this is such a coo' souvenir. I can honestly say I took a piece of the trilogy home with me...hehehe.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/filmframe_header.jpg

For those of you who did'nt get this piece this is what we are talking about.

Aurora
Here are a few pics of the day that a friend took:

This is my sis, first in line outside the theater!

http://knoxlotr.8m.com/pics/tril03.jpg

Aurora
This is the little security officer asking why we are waiting outside the theater. She then wanted us to leave. We didn;t!
http://knoxlotr.8m.com/pics/tril05.jpg

Aurora
This is the part of "The Group" playing cards. Im the one with no idea that the camera was on me. Reading a magazine.
http://knoxlotr.8m.com/pics/tril15.jpg

samIam
hey I diidn't go to see all three but I saw it at midnight and i went with 46 of my high school friends - it was awsome ... i was like really hyper ... and we got ther about 8:30 and there was already a HUGE LINE !!! ( it is a huge theater) but our friends saved us spaces ... ( my dad went there the night before and ppl were camping out and getting ready to leep there!) any wayz I wanted to dress up but i thought i would be freezing ( as rosie cotton/gamgee) but i was HOt! WELL we got into the theatre about like 10:30 and be and friends did some swing dancing in the back ( randomness -my middle name) but the coolest part was when a guy in the theatre dressed up as bilbo and he was doing his birthday speah ... it was awsome cuz when he said all the hobbit clans he came to proudfoot EVERYONE IN THE THEATRE SHOUTED PROUDFEET it was so aswome ... we had the wave going too.. and we were going to do the yawning game ....to make everyone yawn but we changed our minds cuz it was like 12:00 !!

I guess me and my friends were the only ppl that didn't cry at all in the movie..... well I was like enthalled the whole time ... and I was doing commentary the entire thing - it made the movie even better I was screaming everytime sam came to the screen.. i love sam!!!!!! MUAH!! I was about to have a hard attck at the end tho cuz it blacked out like when they were at mount doom .... the audience was frozen then everyone stared breathing again. hehehe and the last couple minutes seem like they were al little too long compared to the rest of the film but I LOVED SAM AND ROSIE !!!!! and elanor( his real daughter) and little frodo!!! ahhhh it was the best!!!!!

DARKVIRUS
Sounds like a great time especially the bilbo speech although, if you would have been like that during the trilogy there would have been problems...hehehe.

Aurora
U probally would have seen some mean Tolkien fans, thats for sure. LOL

Member.
lol, nice.

GABRIEL05
I smell another Rocky Horror...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.