Live Music is the Best!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I haven't been to a live concert in over 2 years. Live music is always so much better, as long as the band playing can actually perform live that it.

So I'm pretty excited that we managed to get tickets to the Capital Christmas Live this year. Right up front too. big grin

Probably not the sort of music some of you listen two but, as far as I'm concerned, the line ups pretty good.

The Corrs. (The band I really wanna see)
Wyclef Jean
S Club 7
Blue
Westlife (Well it will give me a chance to go to the loo!)

Also, it's going to be the first concert Ben has been to so that will be poretty cool too.big grin

sand person no. 10
s club 7 are perfect pop, i'm a big fan of rachel, corrs are alright i hope blue disappear after what one of those tossers said about New York. what an arse.

westlife, say no more.

Aquarius87
I'm going to the Big day out In jan,Its at Surfers paradise in Queensland.Its going to as mad as it always is,this girl died in the mosh last year,hehesad Thats pretty sad.
But its fun.The bands are Alternative rock punk and Electronic.
I can't wait
I hope you have a good time RatCat,S club & are pretty cool,i like their new song.

Texas
Live music is better? Ummm, not always.....
For instance, I have been to 4 Smashing Pumpkins concerts, how they sound really depends on the venue, I seen them at an indoor arena and they sound was just too loud, then at an outdoor stadium, I could barely hear them, then at another indoor arena where the sound was excellent, and finally at a small club where they sounded the best. Also many of the special effects added to music on the CD is not available when they are playing live, so the songs sound different. That's about the same experience I've had at most concerts. It's more exciting going to a show, but the music doesn't sound better, in my opinion

ToMacco
Maybe the Smashing Pumpkins just suck, Tex.big grin

Texas
You bastard!
It's not only them, it's all the bands!
Linkin Park really sounded bad when I saw the earlier this month(just for the record I hate linkin park, I took my girl firend who loves them:rolleyessmile
Limp Bizkit was horrible!
The Rolling Stones were a joke!!!

They sound much better on CD
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Chile
Sound great, Ratcat smile

I also love to see bands live when I can.
I too would be highly interested to see The Corrs in person.

As for Smashing Pumpkins....... even while playing an occasional dodgy song or two, they can really rock. I think they achieve musical greatness at times. smile

Texas
Why thank you Chilesmile
I can tell you have great musical tastescool

ToMacco
Texas, I was just kidding, pal. I like the Pumpkins.

And yes, it is really fun to see a band you like.

finti
Yeah some bands are better live.
ehh S Club 7 is that the kind of boy girl band with a tv show.
RC you listed some real wus bands here ,Westlife, Blue. It will be you and 4000 screaming pimple faced girls in the age of 11-15

Chile
*eyes those Bjork avatars*

She's so weird. She's so great. smile

finti
She is so ugly

mechmoggy
I'd have to agree with Tex on this RC. I saw Megadeth once at MK Bowl and they sounded pants, but later on the same bill Metallica played and they totally rocked the house. I think venue can play a part but also is the people behind the scene's like the roadies who set the equipment up too. I once saw rage against the machine play at a hole of a club in B'ham called Edwards No.8 and they were brilliant.

Enjoy it anyway RC, I was hoping to see the Stereophonics tonight at the NIA but I've got other arrangments now. sad

Ratcat
That's what I meant by;

I love going to live gihs, on of my biggest regrets was that I never go to see Queen perform live.sad

I know the Corrs can hack it abd they're the main reason I'm going. Ben will enjoy whatever.

Yes, Finti, it is THAT S-Club 7, forget the TV show, did you know they have 2 of the biggest selling singles of the last 12 months in the UK, and not because of the 11-15 girlie set either.

Personally I like a lot of there stuf, which is fine for me as my musical tastes are pretty diverse anyway.

mechmoggy
I love SC7, they're so cheesy that they're cool. And Tina is hot hot hot. big grin

Ratcat
Like I said, forget the TV show. They're kind of a modern day Monkees, kinda...

Had this funny musical TV show, released some songs and became a sensation.

How many weeks was Don't Stop Movin' at number one?

finti
I kind of stay away from chart music, to sad to have music everybody elses haveeek!

Texas
Ohhh, Ohhhh, I can tell that we have a genius on the boards!!!
You are so correct Chile!!! Wow, you and I must be the only ones with any good musical tasted around here!!

She is weired! That's why I love her!
I was so upset when she limited her tour to huge cities like NYC and Tokyo, but she said that she is having an extensive tour this summer, so I sure hope she comes to Texas!!!

Padawan_Learner
Weird is good, it's much better than the flock of people who follow the same boring trend. Like that quote I love "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same."

As for Concerts, I've never gone to one. I just never have the time... I do agree that some people do sound great live, but others, oh my they should just stay in the shadows lol.

The Smashing Pumpkins...sad that they broke up. They're greatest hits album is out now, I hope to get that.

Texas
OMG Padawan! You are my new best friend! I got the greatest hits with Judas O last night!!!smokin'

Never been to a concert?sad
Sometimes it can be a real hassel, especially outdoor ones, people throw bottles and shoessad

Padawan_Learner
Lol, thanks. smile

I heard they were going to have a reunion concert, and if they do have it my friend said she would bring me along because I'm the only other Pumpkin fan she knows.

Texas
Yeah?
No one wanted to go to see the Pumkins with me either. I dont want to go by my self and look like a total looser! I met this girl named Blanka, she works at the fish department at Petsmart rolling on floor laughing, I walked in wearing my zero shirt and she asked me if I was into the pumpkins, and since then she's been my concert buddy big grin

sand person no. 10
err dude, rachel, are you blind man?

mechmoggy
She's a big snotty though dontcha think? Whats the other one called? It's Hannah isn't it? Hubba hubba. wink

DJ Velocity
Hannah looks like a f****** Cocker Spaniel. Tina is alright. Rachel is a "Mint Beauer" and the other blonde scally looks like a fella in drag. IMHO big grin

Bradley? Don't get me started. That tough, south central L.A homeboy gangsta Crip. Have you seen the way he goes on? He **** around like a f****** hardcore rapper.

Bradley, you ****, if you are reading. You're in a 2-bit pop group, you are not a hard, gangsta from the underground. Real rappers rip the piss out of you, "Daddyo"!!! mad

*Gives the 'tosser' hand sign to the prat*

Sorry, he really grates on me. I would love to punch his head flat !!! evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.