are b grade actors better than high profile ones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
do you think horror movies are better when they have b grade actors who are ham and havn't been "discovered" or do you like to see your favourite movie stars/starlets getting hacked up?
i think the b grade ones who dont have hollywood profiles, like Bruce in Evil Dead, and people like that.

Dogbert
yea bcus when all those high profile actors\actresses get involved in horror flicks, it ends up stinking (gothika, i know what you did last summer 1 &2, scream 2) but movies like 28 days later, TMC, The Exorcist dun have famous ppl aka "B" grade actors

BackFire
Yes, a low budget horror film just wouldn't be the same without B actors like Bruce Campbell.

samhain
B actors all the way. I'm so sick of all these genetically modified actors taking up film roles just because it gives their teeth some screen time.

zombieman
I dont think you can judge an actor by how big / popular they are. They are many actors who deserve more credit (Bruce Campbell, Tony Todd) and there are shit loads of Hollywood actors who are vestly overrated. But at the same time there are lots of Hollywood actors with the talent to match their status and B-Movie actors who are unknown for a reason.

samhain
Point. But I get the feeling that Bob & Harvey Weinstein are growing these piece of shit actors in a lab somewhere in hollywood.

zombieman
Ha Ha, now that would make a good horror movie.

wicker_man
Bruce Campbell & Jeffery Coombs are my favourite B-Movie actors.

tabby999
nut when does an actor leave the b grade catagory? that is the question
cos bruce has baan in some big name movies now, and he's being looked for by directors. i mean hell he was in Spiderman!

wicker_man
Bruce Campbell was only in Spiderman ( and indeed its sequel) in tribute to his relationship with long term pal Sam Rami director of the Spiderman and Evil Dead franchises.

zombieman
Yeah, anyone he claims Bruce Campbell is a Hollywood actor just because he was in spiderman for 2 minutes is a moron. Is the actor who played his Uncle Ben a Hollywood actor just cos he was in Spiderman?? or the guy who played the murderer of his Uncle? Hardly.

tabby999
heez, use something as an example and look what happens....
not the point people, i was using bruce in Spiderman as an example. when do you make the people a a list star

eggmayo
when u actually recognise the people in movies as the people u saw on mtv five minutes ago it sucks, because there not seemingly random people.
You have to admit 28 days later, TCM and lots of other movies,evil dead
and so on would be a lot worse if that happened.

mook
it can work both ways
-the start of 'scream' works BECAUSE its a famous actress

-if no-ones famous you have no pre-conceptions about whos the survivor/main characters etc

Dagons Blade
What Zombieman said. Point noted. Many actors don't get the due they deserve, and get typecast in dead end fims because of it, while the high-falutin types go on from paycheck to paycheck, making their films with no real goal except to be rewarded on payday, and it shows intheir acting. Bruce Campbell, Tony Todd, Jefferey Combs, all shining examples of the well known but under appreciated B-movie people, as well as ones who really busted their asses to get noticed.They deserve more.

tabby999
yzy bruce, I'M DRUNCHK smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.