Least Liked Character in ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KayeLa
Who did you not like in ROTK?

For me it had to be Denethor. He was so annoying! Almost psychotic! I was so happy everytime Gandalf clubbed him with his staff just to shut him up.

Izz
It was really cool when he leaped of the edge when he was burning. A spectaculair end.
I like him better in the ROTK than in TTT EE, because there, he was sooooo incredibly mean to Faramir.

GABRIEL05
It used to be Eowyn for me, but she came through in this movie. When she said her magic line But I am no man I hated that damn orc that looked like Sloth from the Goonies. They did do a good job of making denethor really evil and crazy. However I always thought of him as more wise than they made him look.

Izz
Yeah, Eowyn got much better. In TTT she was acting very dramatic all the time, but in ROTK she was cool. And ofcourse we all felt a little sorry for her with the whole Aragorn thing.

fini
omg yea!!!!!!!!!! for eowyn.........i knew people couldn't hate her forever

cermiestar
he's ment to be crazed.....

and eowyn-to many shots of her standing looking wistful...and i don't think her love with faramir was played up enough, i loved that in the book

Eamane
I really don't like Denethor... He is so so so boring!!
But I think that Eowin is pretty much better in this film. I hated her in TTT.

Aurora
Denethor was horrible! I just love Faramir so much that it made me cry to see his face when Denethor told him that he should have died. AhHHHHHHHH, how could he. I will never forget Gandalf kicking his ass and overthrowing his power.

ElvenQueen
Denethor is a guy you love to hate. And you really do hate him in the movie.

Poor Faramir...I love him.

KayeLa
yeah i used to hate eowyn too. she was annoying in TTT. but now she's pretty cool. i want to read how her and faramir fell in love.

Fire
got to go for Denethor now in the book I never felt like punching him but in the movie

c'mon baby bring it on

JohnMatrix
For me it had to be Frodo, Elijah Wood really did not do a good job of acting in ROTK.

His best lines in the film where him falling down and he did that so much that it lost its effect on me and every time he was a little evil that eyebrow thing poped out and was so played.

Ariadne
I HATE DENETHOR!!!! Just sitting there stuffing his face the whole time...Gandalf was so awesome! There were some evil cackles from my section of the theatre when Denethor ran off the tower in flames though.

And that orc was the ugliest thing I've ever seen! The Uruk-hai all look so beautiful now. And then when he ALMOST got hit by that huge rock...I was so mad that it missed. I'm sure he died, but I really wanted to see it.

nazgulinthedark
FRODO! i HATE FRODO!!! he's sooo annoying, and with thos freaky big eyes of his, UGHHH!

Bennett
Yeah, that orc was totally ugly. But it was nice to see Sloth from The Goonies find work again.

Exa

iwannarapeorli
I hated Denethor so much! 1) he made Pippin cry...big no no!
2) he told Faramir he'd rather have him dead rather than Boromir

I cracked up when Gandalf beat the crap out of him with his staff! Although it was kinda sad when Denethor set himself on fire and ran of Minas Tirith...

WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THAT EOWYN WASNT GOOD?! SHE IS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE MOVIES...BOTH! SHE WAS AMAZING IN BOTH OF THEM!!!

Exa
Eowyn is perfect...
Denethor may be a bad guy but thats what people become like when their wife dies and your son always hangs around with somebody you dont trust and then your other son dies... and well just imagine staring at Sauron through the palantir all day.

nazgulinthedark
yes i still hate frodo more

GABRIEL05
Eowyn is just boring to me...hmmm... but she redemed herself in third.

cycochic
The fact that you actually hate denethor means that he is a really gd actor!!! Plus he was really good for the part and fitted into the plot. He is there to be hated and that is exactly what I felt!!!

Camellia
Denethor was a fantastic character. Like you say cycochic, if you really hate him, it shows how well the actor has done his job!

Isn't it sad though, the part where he admits to Faramir that he does indeed wish that it was he that had been killed and not Boromir. sad

Pegasus
Denethor has got to be the worst person I have ever met I sometimes felt like just choking him! Especially when... He was going to burn Faramier alive!

That really got me angry! But i am glad he.. He burn himself and ran from the highest point (well almost) of Minas Tirith into the sea of Orcs

I wouldn't have been able to take much more if he didn't.. DIE!

But one of the greatest moments was when... Aragorn Gimli and Legolas got of the the ship and the sea of green spirits rush out of the boat like water

I am a GIANT horse fan and didn't like when they showed the horses being killed by arrows

I have lots of opinions!

billyboyd4ever
i already knew i would hate denethor, and i still do...john noble is such a great actor....but i hate denethor...

Ariadne
Legolas is one of my least favorite characters, mostly because everyone only loves him because of Orlando Bloom. What did he do in RotK? NOTHING. Although I have to admit it was cool when he took down the oliphaunt.

lkotbr33
denethor

sheild_Eowyn
"and eowyn-to many shots of her standing looking wistful...and i don't think her love with faramir was played up enough, i loved that in the book"
I loved the Faramir stuff as well, but I still love Eowyn

sheild_Eowyn
"and eowyn-to many shots of her standing looking wistful...and i don't think her love with faramir was played up enough, i loved that in the book"
I loved the Faramir stuff as well, but I still love Eowyn angel
She's my hero love

sheild_Eowyn
oops, posted that twice embarrasment
I really hate Denethor, and you may call me crazy, but I really don't like Gimli, he gets on my nerves.
I've never liked him, ever since I read the books reading

Verity
Denethor....I feel like smacking him when I think of what he says to Faramir! I'm glad Gandalf whooped his arse! big grin

LilySatine
Definately Denethor for me.

Didn't like the way he shrugged off his own son...especially telling him he'd rather he was dead and not Boromir!! Not cool..I cried for him. sad

BingaBonga
Definately Denethor. It was so wonderful, when Gandalf wacked Denethor with his staff and like knocked him out, because everyone in the theater started to clap.

I hated it when he told Faramir that he'd rather him die in his brothers place, then sent him off to his death. Denethor is pathetic.

Lord_Andres
I think gollum, hateted the bastard from the start, secoundly I say Denathor, when he jumped of the edge there on fire, damn that looked so great

Member.
gollum

ilvorlandobloom
yay, everyone hates Denethor! i hated him when i read the books but now i hate him even more cuz John Noble did such a great job portraying him. that evil bastard.
ooh and i hate Gollum. except when he's talking to himself, i love those scenes! Andy Serkis is awesome. he better get an oscar. and he can now since he played early Smeagol. oooh i loved that scene! but it was so sad!
i agree w/ whoever said that about denethor making Pippin cry and making Faramir almost cry! i cried at both of those parts!
yes, i hated that stupid ugly orc! y the heck was he in the movie? he ruined it! well, nothing could ruin the movie cuz it rocked so much but he was close! he was soooo ugly!

samIam
ok here is a list of ppl i DISLIKE!! ( hate is a strong word )

!. Denethor - duh - along with all his evil ppl that attend to him ...and that tomatoe thing while ppipin was singing was just too much ickyness ( i didn't like how he jumped off the "runway" thing but hey oh well)

2. that freakish orchish guy that looked like yoda or E.T. ( when that rock almost fell on him ,my best friend was like ohh it is barbossa ( when the mast of the interceptor falls and he is in the middle ) oh well I thought it was funny at the time

3. gollum - that lembas trick was so EVIL my sister was going to strangle the guy that was dressed up as gollum in front of us -- my poor sam *my sam is mine all mine my precious**stops dreaming* ok evil

4. freakish frodo - i never liked him from that evil laugh ( when he meets gandalf) I was almost cheering when *spoiler* he almost fell into MT. doom heheh ... and the finger thing that was just WRONG!!*spoiler*

and for some reason i didn't really like theoden -- not hate , just dislike

ok my tyraid is complete ..any one have anything to add /.???

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, but its sad when theoden dies

ilvorlandobloom
aww, y do people hate frodo? thats so sad!

Lord_Andres
I think that orc guy was kinda cool, loved hes attitude

froukje
I don't hate Frodo....it's just that Elijah Wood always has this same look on his face...a look that says "Oh mummy...I've just sh*t my pants"

he does a good job on Frodo, but I just don't like the guy....

Lord_Andres
laughing laughing laughing

Melkor_TheEnemy
I always hated Galadriel, call me an Elf hating guy but she really annoys me. She just appears here and there and thinks she is so important.

Ok rant over

Other than that there aren't really characters I hate, I used to not like Faramir when they first showed him in the films but the way they did the thing with his father was excellent and got my sympathy back for Faramir.

Kitoky
In the TT they really should've kept the scene in with the Flashback of the victory over Osgilliath. It would show you a reason why Faramir is like that and it makes you sympathize him more. And for some people it would give you a sense of liking towards Boromir more. I always hated Boromir but after I saw that scene, I was all out in love with him. (Not literally...just a figure of speech)

But I'd say the least liked character in RotK was Denethor, I mean in the books, I've always thought of him as a noble guy that has gone downwards but in the movies I thought he was just rotten from the start.

Melkor TheEnemy, Galadriel is important because her duty was to look over the issues of Middle-Earth and is the ONLY Elf that has remembered Valinor, for she came directly from there.

DanZeke25
i hated gollum and denthor...everyone was like grrr! when gollum came out of nowhere in mountdoom. And everyone laughed when denthor fell of minas tirith on fire.

BingaBonga
I know! I thought he was finally going to die when that big stone came... and he moved! I wish that I saw him die. Everyone was about to clap if he died. Damn orc.

sauron
i loved boromir from the start, i hated gothmog (the pink blob head) he was a little shit, although he was a good leader, "Dont Move" when the rocks were coming

Lord_Andres
well he wasint ecsacly a pretty sight, but he was so cool, hes voice and attitude, just like that Uruk hai leader, that took merry and pippin captive, MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!!!

sauron
yeah but the best was when the rocks were falling and he told the orcs they werent aloud to move, then when the rohirihm were suicidaly charging all over, amazing, all hail theoden

ilvorlandobloom
i would have liked that orc better if he wasnt so damn deformed looking.

Ariadne
That's my friend's favourite quote from TT! I probably would have liked the orc if he wasn't just so ugly. His name was Gothmog? I must have missed that while I was trying to avoid looking at him. Ok, did he have just one eye or was the other all hidden by the wierd blob thing on his face? That sounds really gross, but he was. PJ's love for gore was definitely showing when he decided what this orc would look like.

Lord_Andres
well I don't know about the eye, can't remember, but he's name was gothmog, just like a Balrog Lord in the first age

Lady Bri
Was Denethor that demented in the book? I don't remember him being THAT crazy. And Shelob was amazing, just she was distgusting! Did anyone else hide their eyes?

Pipage558
My least favorite character has to be denethor. i kno everyone says this but he told faramir he didnt care if he died. that was so mean. also he made pippin cry. sad he was so mean!
also gollum was mean to samwise. he got sam to go back home. he was so mean! i want to hurt him and denethor! mad

Kitoky
What's up with all the 'he's so mean' that's how they're suppose to act, according to the books.

And from the books I've always thought that the Denethor was this noble man that kinda went downward but in the movies it seemed like he was rotten at the start. And he's bitter to Faramir because the birth of Faramir caused his mom to die and so Denethor hated Faramir for that.

Lord_Andres
ya but it dosent change that fact that they are mean!

Pipage558
well, i never read the books so how am I suppose to kno? i am reading them now thought so dont hurt me

kalantiaw
was it just me or that orc looked a bit-- okay a lot like the elephant man..? he was ugly... his face was straight up FUBAR!!!

Shieldmaiden
Yay! I said that everyone would like her better in the third movie and I was right. I haven't seen any Eowyn haters on this poll yet.

Go Eowyn! I haven't seen RotK yet, because it hasn't come out in Australia, but I'm dying to see the scene where she battles the Witch-King big grin

What's all this about no Faramir romance? That was the best part, and definately the cutest in the book. sad

BingaBonga
I felt so bad for her when Aragorn turned her down. I knew that it was going to happen, but still, that was awful sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.