Net Speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Somehow my computer's speed has gone back up to normal.

Out of the blue 2 1/2 months ago, my computer basically slowed down to a snail speed. Going from high-speed DSL to slow-speed DSL sucked a lot.

But tonight, somehow the speed has gone back up to where I can easily post again, without the lag making letters appear 5 seconds after I post them.

It took me 5 minutes to make posts a while back, but now I can do 5 posts in the time it took me these last few months.

As you can probably tell, I am happy about this. I mean the net is my life.

Iv3rSoNJuNiOr
Congratulations , you can share the expierience of high - speed internet like me, but i got cable :P

LanceWindu
I swear I forgot what high-speed was like...

Browsing on theforce.net took 15 seconds to load the main page before, now it's taking less than 2 seconds.

I love it.

LanceWindu
BTW, now I can go back to 20 posts per page, instead of the 5 per page I've been having to use to keep the loading times down.

finti
We are in the process to connect to optical fiber in our neighbourhood, they can offer speed of 2mb or 10 mb, now I got ADSL(DSL) with 704kbs . Cant wait until I am hooked on, around summer I guess. It also includes "cable" tv, yeahy optical fibered cabel tv, it is the same as DVD quality. We can order films we want to see and then controll the films ourselvess, like pausing it if you have to visit the rest room. But it is the interrnet speed that tempted me in the first place. Think I go for the 10mb big grin rock beer

LanceWindu
Wow...10mb...that's pretty damn fast.

My comp is at 300kb I think...I need a link to that free internet speed test to see how good it is.

LanceWindu
Ok I just tested it...

323.1 kbs

yerssot
wow! great news, for the both of you smile
*kicks kotnet modem*

Baylin
I had a similar problem with my 256k DSL connection a couple of months ago everything slowed right down, when I complained, my ISP apologised and said it was due to ongoing server upgrades and stuff. But I'm full speed again so no more complaints, so glad I didnt have to back to my old dial up modem...

Tex
You should check your computer for spyware Lance eek!

LanceWindu
I do!

I have SpyBot Search&Destroy

I use it every two days, and it finds lots of adware, but it never helps.

Tex
^
Cause the same things was happening to me, typing a letter and waiting forever for it to show up, turned out my web browser was hijacked by one of those spy programsmad

But since you check it's OK! smile

mechmoggy
I had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago, it took bloody ages to type anything!

I lost my rag in the end and wiped the HD in a fit of anger. But since then its been okay. Although I now use a firewall and virus checker more often.

silver_tears
I have cable and thankfully it has never caused me probs!

Fire
well I dont have too much trouble lately

LanceWindu
Personally I think Cable is worse than DSL

Whenever I used my sister's Cable net it would always stop working all together for no reason and whenever there was a tiny storm it would go out.

silver_tears
mine has never gone out before except when we moved and the first week it was malfunctioning just a bit but it was just because we had to get a new ip address big grin

LilySatine
I don't know much about internet speeds and such...but congrats on your recovery!!

As long as mine's sanely fast, I'll survive big grin

yerssot
I'm still trying to figure out if they're using dial-up over here or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
Nah dial-up would be faster

Trinity_Matrix
I have a crap-tacular 56k dialup modem sad eventually my mom will figure out that I'd really like a cable modem or DSL...and then I'll be happy ^_^

yerssot
I can feel your pain TM

cermiestar
analogue to digital converters!

Vader
10 mgs!, you are going to toast your hard-drive, most hard-drives can't write that fast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.