Fight History!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
i found this site the other day. its a history of Capcom's greatest fighting games, right from the very first beat em up game ever, Street Fighter. its got some cool animations and screenshots and brings back loads of cool memories yes

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/features/capcom2.html

Lag
Cool. I remember playing Street Fighter for the first time. ahhhhh those were the days. sad

total metalhead
yes life was simpler back then.

Lord_Andres
well Mortal Kombat Trilogy is way better then all those games!!!

SaTsuJiN
Honestly I prefer SNK fighting games. So much quality on so many levels. Also, when SNK said 2.... they meant '2' and not version 1.2 where hadouken flies 1 frame faster than normal

total metalhead
yeah but we wouldnt have Mortal Kombat or SNK if it wasnt for Capcom. Street Fighter was the first fighting game.

SaTsuJiN
lol dude.. I think you have no idea what you're saying. Maybe snk wasnt first in america, but japan they were. snk is still very big in japan to this day. capcom wasnt a pioneer in fighting games or anything, they just furthered things along. With all honesty though, 2d fighting games suck these days. Same stupid hadoken motion, counters, tech hits, blah blah blah.. soul calibur freshened all of that up. Still.. just the same shit in a different wrapper

heres a link for some character design funnies big grin

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/funnies/separated/otherchars.html

the problem is just people arent creative anymore... noone is original or had any effort put into thier design (the characters I mean) all spikey headed silver haired long black coat and big sword retards... I think I covered every fighting game character description with just that one sentence... so sad

total metalhead
hey not all 2D fighting games suck now! Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is like totally retro and cool. and as for me not knowing what im talkin about, has it really taken you this long to realise it?

Lord_Andres
the best fighting games are the 2D, like mortal kombat 1 - Trilogy, 4 sucked deadly allience was great

total metalhead
yeah i love Deadly Alliance. the fatalities were just to cool.

Lag
Really? I didn't like the Fatalities in this one. They were cool, but kinda boring at the same time just because they were old. Some of them were really cool, but most were old. Actually lots of people thought this, which is why they will be completely grousome, violent and new in the next one. rock

SaTsuJiN
I think they should have gone back to the retro outfits but more detailed. same for the fatalities, old school style but more gory and disgusting. That would have just rocked. Its funny though, snk and capcom are like the yin and yang of eachother, one always picks up where the other faults, which is why snk vs capcom series is so good. MvC 1 was cool... but 2 is flat out sickening.

I prefer guilty gear series as the best 2d fighter around though. Crisp animation, gorgeous visuals and a really solid gameplay engine bring it to the top. Not to mention the cool japanese taunts/dialogue stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.