Who is Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
I've never actualy heard of him so I'm looking for any info on his identidy and powers

Lord Shadow Z
I don't know

Lord Ryugen
Then don't answer dipshit

Darth Vicious
Since thats my fave character ill explain him briefly: When Profesor X tried to shut Magnetos mind off after Magneto took Wolverines adamantium off he succeded but part of Magnetos psyche(mind) crossed over to Profeessor Xs mind corrupting it little by little and that conbined with PX frustrations and problems developed into another sentient and powerfull being called Onslaught which he would manifest but not even Proffesor X could sense after fully manifesting it was revealed that Onsalught was a psionic being, a being combined of 2 of the most powerfull mutants ever, Magnet & Professor X therefore having both of them powers, it took the combined effort of pretty much every Marvel Universe heroe to stop him and they all had to sacrificed themselves to stop him!

Neo_Version 7
sacrifice how?

Darth Vicious
Since he was a psionic being made of energy, he couldnt be killed so all the heroes excluding mutants trew themselves into him being energy giving him corporal form so the X-men could kill him and in doing so killing everybody since they were inside of him. Heres a link:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/5981/onslaughtbio.html

Lord Ryugen
So what you're saying is he was an energy being who was psychic and could control magnetic feilds?

ruby
hes bassically a really really strong aND COOL LOOKING BAD GUY.

BarmyBrummie
So the heroes died but not the x men? They somehow came back eventually right?

Darth Vicious
To the MArvel Universe they died but what happened was that Franklin Richards made up a universe and they all got transported there without knowledge as to what happened, it was known as Heroes Reborn, all the heroes had new costumes some that were good were bad and vice versa and were done by some of the hottest creators at that time!

X-Menfan2003
Onslaught is the best marvel character better. It is a wonder why any marvel fan would not know of him. Every marvel character was in it, so it comes as a bit of a shock for me. Let's hope they reprint it or use the story in Ultimate X-Men, as it is possible by what happned at the end of issue 6.

Bicnarok
Sounds a bit daft to me. Talk about going over the top with powers

X-Menfan2003
Onslaught is not daft. If he were daft, would he be able to stand against all of earth's heroes and turn the hulk into his bodyguard?

Bicnarok

Shorty2Forty
lol thats funny

SuperNova
Well naturally its funny, because all the heroes are in the same reality. So onslaught... Well... its just easier to say Venom kicks ass. bunny

Darth Vicious
I dont think Onsalught was daft i think it was brilliant, because most people like myself wonder what could happend if Xavier turned evil and adding part of Magnetos evil psyche to him and powers while maybe over the top for some i think it was brilliant!

Never
When did Onslaught turn Hulk into his bodyguard? Was it after Hulk hit Onslaught so hard that he split his armor in two? cool

venomfan
i just need to say what was said at the beging was hilarious. but since i found out magneto is dead, onslaught cant exist anymore. and why didnt juggernaut try to rip open his armor, he coulda done it quicker.(if he was still knocked out cuase of onslaught i understand..and im impressed)

Lord Ryugen
Thanks to everyone who wrote in (except Lord Shadow Z)miffed
I didn't know because as I explained in my Four Horsemen thread I live in the shit stain nowhere so I can't get comics to find out who the bad guys are. I'm stuck with the cartoons and unfortunatly Onslaught did not appear in them. But once again thanks you guys rock.rock

Darth Jello
compared to dr. strange's regular entourage, onsaught is nothing

Metroplex
the onslaught story happened a loooong time ago in 1996. And Jugernaut was afraid of Onslaught cuz Onslaught punched Juggy from Canada all the way to the States. And Onslsught has the powers of Magneto, Xavier, Franklin Richards and Nate Grey. Meaning he can control magnetic fields, power to change reality, strong telepathy and the Phoenix Force.

Metroplex
No it was before the final battle. It was a pretty funny issue too. He kicked Cable and Storm's ass.

venomfan
ok i see, thats messed up that juggy acted like a wuss but hey its onslaught i understand

Lord Ryugen
Okay barring God is there anyone who actually stands a chance against Onslaught by themselves

Darth Vicious
Nope

Darth Vicious
Maybe cosmic beings like maybe Galactus and the Celestials just maybe but none of the heroes could stand a chance 1 on 1!

Darkweaver
I don't read comics anymore, but it kind dof reminds me of Thanatos and the Infinity Gauntlet which gave Thanatos the power of the cosmos. Even Eternity (the living embodiement of the universe itself) and The Living Tribunal, two of the most powerful cosmic forces in the Marvel universe called upon heroes to help defeat Thanatos. Should have Onslaught been around during that time, Thanatos could have merely wished him away with the power he possessed. There was also the Beyonder who had nearly unlimited power and then there are beings like Mephistopheles who essentially is Marvel's version of the Devil so forces like Onslaught are not too uncommon. But Marvel Earth does have Dr. Strange, who's pranced around meeting such beings as the Tribunal and Eternity face-to-face. Though that should be expected for a Sorcerer Supreme.

A little bit of trivia here: Did you know not only Marvel Universes' hereos went up against Onslaught but Capcom's as well. Yup, the last boss fight in Marvel vs. Capcom is Onslaught himself and it explains that the Marvel hereos even called upon the "Capcom Universe" so-to-speak to help defeat him, aka Mega Man, Strider, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and so on.

venomfan
yeah, this is the sprite

Never
Plenty. Onslaught is not all that those here are making him out to be. Megalomaniac, but hardly a universal threat...and Onslaught did not possess the powers of Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Professor X and Magneto - it was just Magneto and Professor X alone.

Darth Jello
anyone who hangs out with doctor strange (the living tribunal, eternity, Dormamu), Ego, The celestials, Galactus, and Mutant Alpha, could have easily destroyed onslaught

venomfan
who the hell thought it was a good idea to make all these god like characters. cant there just be one?

LeAtHerRFace
dam they shouldve had a kickass group with:
to take onslaught down..... LoL. Onslaught would get raped.
Wolverine
Ghost Rider
The Punisher
Bishop
Gambit
Storm
Cable
Arc Angel
Magneto
Venom
Carnage
Juggernaut
Batman
Superman
Quiksilver
Flash
Lobo
Thor

Darth Jello
most of those beings are above physical fighting. ego is a living planet (ugly one at that). Mutant Alpha hasn't been seen since some really early issue of x-men, he's like the marvel version of superman, a mutate with the powers of every mutant on the planet and super intelligence, he left earth cause he found magneto and humanity to be pety

venomfan
im not being sarcastic but you guys know supermans strengh has deminished right? he is no longer cosmic now hes just inhanced human

Darth Jello
Mutant Alpha could take on both the golden and silver age supermen together, again he has super intelligence and EVERY POWER IMAGINABLE

venomfan
exept for non-mutant power's though right? he cant have spider-sense

Darth Jello
he's not a mutant, he's magneto's ultimate mutate, he is a human that progresses in evolution every second. in between his last appearance and now, he must have gained every power, talent, and ability imaginable, unless the tribunal found him to be too powerful and destroyed him. therefore the 4 most powerful beings in marvel are 1.the living tribunal 2. eternity 3. Galactus 4. mutant alpha

venomfan
ah i see now

Never
Are you sure about your line-up considering Thanos wiped Eternity out? Galactus has been defeated/thwarted several times by lesser beings also.

Those are not the 4 most powerful in the Marvel Universe wink

Linkalicious
No fair...thanos had the infinity guantlet. and i agree with you about Galactcus, he's a puss. I think Never could come up with a better top 4

monaroCountry
Actually onslaught was able to create his own hulk, magneto and post these three battled apocalyse and cable in "eternal warriors" (cable number 35). Trust me onslaught can stop hulk by just thinking about it.

Onslaught also used other powerful henchmens in his earlier phase including post and holocaust, these two were able to stand up against all of the avengers including thor, capt A, wanda, iron man etc.

monaroCountry
Read xmen unlimited number 12 (sept 1996) and see Dr strange's first reaction of onslaught "only a threat of enormous power could have frightened cain marko to such a degree....as to ask help from his hated half brother.....yet even within the mansions protected walls this threat hunted him down........this is truely astounding the ruby and cain marko were connected by the binding energies of cyttorak not even i could sunder that bond with such impunity. Yet i sense no mystical energies from this onslaught......what kind of FEARSOME POWER DOES THIS BEING HAVE?".

monaroCountry
when onslaught punched jugs and placed mental bloack on him, he (onslaught) didnt have f richards, xman, or jean. Jugs was his first victim.

monaroCountry
I dont really know about the beings in the () but in my honest opinion the celestials, ego, galactus and mutant alpha would loose. Why? take for example galactus and his need to seek out planets to eat, onslaught on the other hand has the ability to make a 2nd sun (easily). As for the celestials? they held franklin as an equal (because he was able to create a pocket universe) however onslaught was able to create things in reality i.e. not a pocket universe. Mutant alpha? onslaught is not a mutant, according to the watcher uatu onslaught "is a new lifeform" and is really really REALLY far ahead of homo superiors (xmen 336).

DarkCrawler
Onslaught=Cool
http://media.supereva.it/comics/marvel/xmen/onsl_big.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.