Happy Birthday to Bjork...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
Yes it's true ladies and gentlemen! Bjork, that fabulous Icelandic diva was born on this day 36 years ago! Doesn't today just feel magical?!?!?!

Now let's all join in and sing a big Happy Birthday to Bjork.......................
smile cool smile cool smile cool smile cool smile cool

Padawan_Learner
I'm not familiar with her music, but her performance in Dancer in the Dark was magnificent.

Happy 36th Birthday Bjork!

Texas
Ohhh, your so kind Padawan! Yes it was amazing wasn't it! The last scene made me sick to my stomach for a week! It was a travisty that she was not nominated for best actress! She did win at Cannes thoughsmile

Padawan_Learner
Oh yes, that last scene, something I"ll always remember. I'm a Radiohead fan, and Thom Yorke had done a collaberation with her on the song "I've Seen It All." So I decided to download it, it was different, but I grew to like it. I read that it was from the film Dancer in the Dark so I went out to rent it. AFter I saw the film the song had much much more meaning to it. Truly a memorable film.

Texas
Oh yes, I remember, AMPAS stirred alot of controversy when they didn't allow Thom Yorke to perform with Bjork at the Oscars. I have Selma Songs, the CD where "I've Seen It All" is featured. I love that song! They have no drums, instead the sound of the moving train keeps the beat and song moving, it's really great!

mah
'Dancer in the dark' sucks BIG TIME. It's simply one of the worst movies I've ever seen. why it got such good reviews is friggin' unbelievable, the songs in that film was TERRIBLE.
now, I don't have much against Bjorks music, but 'Dancer in the dark' was BAAAAAAAAD.

Texas
You either love it or hate it,I guess.............
But wasn't Bjork's acting amazing?

Chile
Ya, Happy Birthday, Bjork
smile

I haven't seen the film so............."no comment"

yerssot
36???? naha!!

Texas
and just what is that suppose to mean? mad

This pictures just for you yers:
http://www.oz.net/~sallad/bjork/pics/gallery1/1-2.jpg

yerssot
*almost falls of chair when he sees the picture of an UGLY 36 years old bjeurk*

(and yes I wrote bjeurk smile )

mah
embarrasment trouble lies ahead of you, yerss., when tex returns.

yerssot
if he returns I still have to kill him because he killed lara in another thread!

Texas
She doesn't look 36, more like 25 roll eyes (sarcastic)
Bjeurk? I've never heard of her before, is she from Belgium? stick out tongue

lara is not dead, as I explained earleir, she is allergic to good tastes and as a result fainted in my prescence! She should be just find around you!!! stick out tongue evil face

yerssot
http://www.ukobservers.net/cwm/otn/violent/lsabre.gif

Texas
Is that a light saber, or are you just happy to see me?eek!

ToMacco
"Dancer in the Dark" was good. But it was so depressing it's not something you want to see twice.

Texas
I love depressing movies! I've seen that one about 37 timessad sad sad , I mean, smile smile smile

yerssot
it's a double-edged lightsabre, so sorry 'bout that, I'm sure To will arrive now, any minute...

Texas
*YAWN*

yerssot
*ignites lightsabre and slashes off Texas' chair*
What did you say???

Padawan_Learner
I'd rather watch a movie like Dancer in the Dark than something predictable that will end in a happy glorious ending. I've only seen it once, I hope to see it again.

ToMacco
I don't care much for predictable movies, myself. But Dancer in the Dark was just plain depressing. Don't get me wrong though, it was very good.

Texas
Reading the reviews, I thought it would be more depressing, on a scale of 1-10, it was about a 6.

yerssot
wow! a 6? not a -6?

Texas
It's not a Belgian movie roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

yerssot
Same quality though!
Well, "Pauline en Paulette" got a Golden Palm in Cannes... more then you can say from her!

Texas
What?!?!?
Your confused!
"Dancer in the Dark" received 10x as many awards and nominations then "Pauline en Paulette" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bjork won best Actress and Lars Von Trier the Golden Palm
Bjork was even nominated for an Oscar for her musical talents!! smokin'

Pauline en Paulette" did not win the Golden Palm, it got Prize of the Ecumenical Jury, which is just a special mention! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Bjork was nominated for an Oscar, but guess who won? That's right. Bob Dylan! smokin'

Texas
He looks like a decomposed skeletin with a gonzo nose roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Better than a badly make-up overabusing swan. stick out tongue

Texas
God knows he could use some roll eyes (sarcastic)
He hasn't eaten since 1972

ToMacco
Or made a bad song since 1972.

I don't care what the dude looks like. I love his music. He is a damn genious!

Texas
He is!
I would like him more if he wasn't an Oscar thief, but he still is one of the greatest musicians ever!

ToMacco
Good call, Mattie.

Bjork does good work, too. She is not on the same level as Dylan is, but she is young, yet.

Besides, I havn't listend to any of her albums before. I'll try to look into that.

Texas
No you wont roll eyes (sarcastic)
rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud you're right laughing out loud wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.