ROTK extended DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

turin
K, for all those have seen the movie, what do you hope is in the extended DVD? i am hoping for quit a bit. heres my list:

1. the confrontation between the witchking and gandalf, we've all seen it in the trailer but it was a no show in the film

2. the crossroads, ive seen pics of it so i know they shot it

3. The house of healing, more time needs to be between pelenor and black gate, it seems hurried

4. something of faramir and eowyn

5. of course after all the controversy, sarumans death

6. the mouth of sauron, i think this is an imprortant part left out.

7. frodo and sam running along with the orc army

8. more toil for sam and frodo on the plains of gorgoroth

9. perhaps a second crossroads with the captains of the west

10. eomer crying over his sister, again it was in the trailer but not the film

if they include those i think it will make the film pretty accurate (minus a few things) but would they add over an hour if footage? who knows, but i dont see why not. what do you all think?

Cowboyography
Mouth of Sauron? I recall everything else from the books, wasnt the mouth the Battering ram they used?

VenomVA
Sarumans Death!!!!

Member.
yea, Saruman has to be in there.

Clockwork

Member.
yea, his sister? lol, eowyn didn't did. it's King Theoden.

Discos
ah I noticed some parts being missed out from the trailer - I was wondering that

Also I was wondering why it looked like a Human hand was reaching for the ring when "smeagol" found it (this part is in Fellowship of the ring)

Member.
well, smeagol wasn't really like he is now. he was a hobbit like person, river folk, b4 the ring corrupted him so he still looked normal back then.

Clockwork
It was Deagol who found the ring, and Smeagol and Deagol are (i think, kinda) Hobbits's and their hands look kinda like human hands ...

Damn, Member, you beat me to it ...

Member.

Cowboyography
ANYONE???? wasnt the mouth of
Sauron the batering ram??

Member.
probably.

DARKVIRUS
Check this link out cowboy

Cowboyography
boy, that really confuses me now, i need to reread the book. its been a few years. So he wasnt in the movie at all? was he replaced by the one eyed orc commander? I am going to view the movie again today if he is in there please tell me where so ican look for him.

Cowboyography
also didnt the battering ram have a special name in the book? i cant recall.

turin
no the battering rams name is grond, the mouth of sauron was saurons spokesperson at the black gate. and the thing of eomer holding somebody, well doesnt the person have blonde hair in the trailer? and also everyone thought eowyn was dead after she killed the witchking.

OrliNElijahsGrl
i noticed some spots from the trailer wasnt in the film too, i was waiting for that moment for eomer to hold eowyn and start crying, because i knew from seeing the trailer it was gonna be a sad moment and i had my tissues ready for that moment, but it wasnt on there, and from the trailer it does look as if he IS holding eowyn cause remember there is that moment he thinks shes dead, which brings us to the house of healing and so on and so forth

but yes that wasnt in there, and neither was this moment of pippin holding merry, when merry was injured and pippin was holding him, which leads as well to the house of healing

OrliNElijahsGrl
where merry was crying and pippin was holding him

wizzee
eomer was crying for his sister as they think that she is going to die as she was wounded when she killed the witchking, and saruman dosnt die in the books but ends up as a haggered old man wondering the wilds with grima wormtounge

wizzee
eomer was crying for his sister as they think that she is going to die as she was wounded when she killed the witchking, and saruman dosnt die in the books but ends up as a haggered old man wondering the wilds with grima wormtounge, it was just a confrontation beteween gandalf and saruman that they leave out, not his death

Clockwork
just watched the trailer again (and thought a little bit harder - it's been a while since I read the book), and indeed, it is Eowyn for who Eomer was crying, because this is how she ends up, together with Merry, in the House of Healing, where Faramir is already taken to take care of his injuries.

fini
oh no eomer with Eowyn isn't there .............but its in the trailer so WE KNOW ITS GONNA BE IN THE EE DVD...........just as house of healing and some weddings

Aurora
WHATTT?

Saruman attempts to stab Frodo with a concealed dagger, which just glances off Frodo's armor. Frodo was still willing to let him leave unharmed, but Grima, had different ideas. Grima sprang on Saruman and sliced his throat, and was struck dead by the surrounding hobbit archers.

Aurora
And as for wether it was Eowyn or Theoden I have heard both. Before the movie was released I heard Eowyn, today I read somewhere Theoden. IMO it will be Eowyn. And it will be included with the whole houses of healing inbetween the battles.

Camellia
The Houses of Healing MUST be in it!!! I'd like to see more on Eowyn, Faramir and Merry...

Cowboyography
yes it should be Eowyn that he is holding, However since the Witchking didnt collapse on Merry like it did in the book, and Eowyn wasnt really hurt at all, it must be Theodin he is holding.

Clockwork
First I also thought it was Theoden, but if you look at the screenshot from the trailer (you only see the hair and forehead) I tend to see Eowyn ....

The Unknown
No, in the movie, when they stab the WitchKing, the hands they use to attack with get infected, I think you can hear a kinda burning sound.

turin
ya merrys sword vanishes, and eowyns arm flies back throwing the sword. so they did show it to some degree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.