Eowyns big line???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
in the movie her line before she strikes the witchking down is "I am no man". however in the books she ssays something far better I cant quite recall the quote, and I dont have a book in front of me,can someone help me out. I remeber that part in the book I was cheering out loud as I read along!!

sentinelrv
I don't know the line, but I don't understand why the wraith died. I thought Aragorn said that they can't die at all.

turin
well it died in a large part to marry stabin it. the way i understand it they cant be killed by normal weapons and such, but the sword that mary had from the barrowdowns had spells put on for the revenge of arnor (arnor was destroyed by the wraith king, witchking hundreds of years before). so once merry struck him he was suseptable to normal weapons. thats just how i read it, could be wrong though.

fini
actually the book said:
'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Eowyn I am.................

but i guess in today's language you could say.......I am no man

SKAliv
Oh, I thought the line was perfect! I mean, you have to understand that the books were written over 50 years ago, and writing/speaking styles have changed significantly. It just would seem over-dramatic for Eowyn to speak the way she did in the book. And we all knew she was going to say some powerful, feminist reply to the Witch King's comment, but it still brought excitement because it wasn't like the cliche that was expected. Miranda Otto had an amazing performance in that scene--just incredible.

I was a little confused about the Ringwraith's deaths too, but there's no need to really think about it too much--all the evil creatures died after the destruction of the One Ring.

OrliNElijahsGrl
that was a fantastic line!!!! I was cheering on eowyn so much during that, i was like: YES KICK HIS ASS! KICK HIS ASS!!! GO EOWYN!

i was on the edge of my seat cheering and everything! what a fantastic scene, and merry, man little ol merry sure knows how to fight, bless his heart, what a brave little hobbit! I was cheering him on so much too!!!

OrliNElijahsGrl
I cant get over on what a beautiful voice pippin has, that scene broke me to pieces though, i got real teary eyed, and i was at the same time in awe of his voice and the battle

aww

Altar[1stONE]
booooooooo eowyn go witch king either way i could not bare seeing either one of them die.

fini
booooooooooooooo Altar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypernova
laughing

Well, now I can say, I do like Eowyn as potrayed by MO.

Verity
I liked her line in the movie! I though it was a cool way to do it! Eowyn stabbed the Wraith through the face...in the book, that's how it was written. Merry stabs it's leg, Eowyn through the face (if you can call it that)....I was cheering in my seat! Besides, in the book Eowyn does get sick, almost to the point of dying because of that! If it weren't for Aragorn's healing powers! roll eyes (sarcastic)

OrliNElijahsGrl
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

iwannarapeorli
That was my favorite line in the book...so i was dying to see it in the movie....i was so excited...and when i finally saw it i was brought to tears....no feeling like it in the world. I loved it so much. and Miranda Otto is the perfect person for that role...she totally nailed her part as Eowyn.

Exa
She was perfect
But I didnt like the end of the scene, was too short and too little hopeless.
And PJ simply forgot Eowyn on the battleplains X(

Aurora
I agree. I loved her as Eowyn. She was her.

Ariadne
Eowyn's quote:
"But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him!"

I wish they had left that in too. I know they must have been desperate not to make it too long, but it wouldn't have taken much time for her to say the whole quote. Like always, maybe in the extended edition.

sheild_Eowyn
I haven't actually seen ROTK yet ( and am suffering from withdrawal symptoms) but I agree that Miranda Otto totally nailed Eowyn, who was and always will be my fav character ever.

Rosewood
Horrible I say. I'm no man!!! Smack!!! Reduces Tolkeins fantastic language to "Schwarzenegger" one liners spit out before killing the bad guy. Any true fan has to be disappointed at the distortion of the line.

Sifer
The book describes that the screams of the Witch King could be heard on its retreat to Mordor. She never killed him, just totally f00ked him up smile BUT, he dies when Sauron is destroyed smile

Verity
Rosewood> It wasn't extremely distorted! The line got to the point. That's all that matters. In the book she gives a greater speech, which would have been too extensive for some members of the audience! Some ppl were already complaining it was too long! All ppl wanna see is Eowyn whoopin' the Nazgul's butt! They gave it perhaps a slightly modern touch, enough for ppl to understand. Tolkiens languge is definitely respected throught out a great percentage of all 3 movies...so big deal if they altered 1 line slightly! It's all for the benefit of those who can't handle hearing a complicated language.

Kitoky
In TTT I didn't really are for Eowyn but in Rotk, she definately won my respect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.